Here is the link to part 1 of Life, Love and Dancing.
Here is the link to part 2 of Life, Love and Dancing.
Here is the link to part 3 of Life, Love and Dancing.
I stated that I would try to post on Tuesdays, and today's Thursday. I'll get it right soon - but until then ... Enjoy part 4:
Paul reached in front of me to push out the entrance door. The door was huge and ornately carved dark wood, which reached to the top of the cathedral ceiling. It gave me the feeling of being a very little girl leaving a cavern and the air felt delicious. It was drizzling outside, but I didn't worry about getting drenched since my car was only about twenty or thirty paces away from the door. And though my hair was blown straight, I wasn't too concerned about the effects of rain because it was pulled tightly back into a high ponytail. My hair would remain straight as long as we didn't get caught in a downpour.
Maybe it was the romance I associated with rainy nights and shiny slick streets in the city. Maybe it was the fact that it had been too long since time with a man made me swirl delightfully. Maybe it was the fact that it had been over six months since I'd had a man focused on me. Maybe it was because it had been over a year since I'd been intimate, really intimate with a man. I'm not sure what the reason, but I no longer really heard what Paul was saying. I know he spoke and I responded. I know at some point our cell phones came out and numbers were entered. But I was embraced by the sensuality of it all: his smooth voice, his caramel skin tone, the depths of his gaze as he stared into my eyes, the drizzling rain, my awareness of the fact that Paul would be seeing all the junk in my car, the fact that he opened my door for me once I remotely unlocked the door. We didn't want to part immediately, so I stood outside in the drizzle looking up at him while smooth bass sounds flowed from his lips to my soul. He placed his hand at the small of my back to lead me out of the rain that started to increase. We stood under the overhang of the office building that my car was parked in front of. I smiled up at him and my face begin to tire because it wasn't used to this workout of yearning. He grinned down at me easily. I was pretty sure this was Paul's usual ending to most evenings. Paul looked like the type of man who always "got the girl". At this moment, I did not care. I simply relished in the fact that I was the girl of choice right here right now and I think I began to hear string filled theme music. Okay, I really do need to get out more, but for now I pulled myself back into the reality at hand. I had a thirty-minute drive ahead of me northward to The Bronx then I had to find parking. I began my prayers to the parking gods as Paul shut my door behind me and waved as he ran out of the rain and back to the lounge. If I never heard from him again, I have trained myself to completely appreciate each tender morsel of life, love and the dance. I pulled away from the curb without one ounce of regret or that familiar painful longing. But the memory of our time rode home with me, as did his lingering scented hug. And my smile kept me company on this ride to The Bronx.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Life, Love, Dancing...an excerpt - pt 4
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 7/12/2007
Labels: dancing, get it write, love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 Comments:
awww...it leaves me smiling too...thanks cap! :)
"he grinned down at me easily"
and
"But the memory of our time rode home with me"
Those two reached out and grabbed me for some reason. I like the entire piece though. Good work.
u write brilliantly Cap!
Keshi.
li$a - glad to bring a smile to your heart(Girl, u know we NEED it:-)
rich - good 2 c u again, "stranger";-). nice to know i could "grab" a brother!
keshi - thanx, mate! always nice to have ya here.
nice one..shall visit fr more !
AMAZING SERIES IT LEAVES ME SMILING!!!!!!!Love it and thanks for stopping by my blog:)
Still diggin' it sis! "If I never heard from him again, I have trained myself to completely appreciate each tender morsel of life, love and the dance"
That's the lesson.
I'm wit Soj...
And like the rest...I'm smiling ear to ear with you!
Captivating Sis Cap!
Also u mite like to check out my latest holiday destination.
Keshi.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
Rashi - welcome to my "world":-) thanx for the love!
Hey Kaylee - it delights me to make u smile:-) & yr welcome, too.
Bro G - yes, i am SO thankful 2 The Creator for life's lessons!
Sis Kiki - ((((BIG GRIN)))) thanx
Keshi - u KNOW i'll be over in a sec:-)
Bro Ced - ((((country HUG)))) thanx
Awww that was nice...see stuff like this gets me thinking about new love. So Sweet!
yes, Sistah Miz - i'm enjoying these sweet moments;-)
this episode was simply lovely
Post a Comment