Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Wednesday Wisdoms & Wonders:-)


Welcome Back for Wednesday Wisdom vol. 10
I'm in need of real, every day wisdoms, wonders and good news! To that end...


First, give us your take on the wisdom U dig in the selection:

“No matter how big a nation is, it is no stronger that its weakest people, and as long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you might otherwise”

Marian Anderson
Now, share with us a blessing U have enjoyed recently & enjoy a safe Fourth of July!


5 Comments:

Dave J. said...

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. A foundation, only as strong as it's weakest brick. So long as one is not free, none are free.

Anonymous said...

The quote brought tears to my eyes. Marian Anderson was a hero.

The longer I study history, the less I can keep my emotions cool and distant. The struggle of the most oppressed is the struggle of us all. Sometimes I despair because there are so few people who seem to care about these things. Then I find blogs like yours, and cry a bit, and feel better...

plez... said...

years ago, as a way to keep my grounded, my younger sister would always tell me: "none of us are free, until we're ALL free!"

i thanked her then, as i thank her now for her wisdom.

CapCity said...

Dave - sometimes in this era/society of "self" we forget this. As we individuals travel - we learn just how connected we are.

Ainur - welcome to my Intimate Corner of the Blog-o-sphere! Glad I could "move" u on your first time thru. I checked out several of your blogs & am truly impressed! Wow! You claim "self-taught", but I see Gifted/Blessed:-).

Plez - always good to see u:-). u seem to be blessedly surrounded by loving & wise women;-)

CapCity said...

i keep forgetting, so i'm not setting the greatest example, yet. But they say it takes 6 wks to form a habit;-). Here's my most recent blessings:
My mom came to NYC to help me get my life/space in order. I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with a dear friend on the 3rd of July (we were both amazed at the attentions we were getting - something 'charging' the air?lol!). AND I enjoyed another wonderful time with my latest "interest"- walking in the rain on the 4th - taking it one day at a time;-).

blogger templates | Make Money Online