Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesday Wisdoms & Wonders:-)


Welcome Back for Wednesday Wisdom vol. 12
I'm in need of real, every day wisdoms, wonders and good news! To that end...


First, give us your take on the wisdom U dig in the selection:

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11: 1; New Testament of The Holy Bible; NKJV
Now, Share with us a recent blessing you have experienced!

15 Comments:

CapCity said...

I'll start this one off by sharing that this is my favorite quote in the Bible. SO much of this life is lived FOR the unknown & unseen! Faith is an UNSEEN, LOVE is an UNSEEN and they are the most powerful motivators I believe.

My recent blessings:
1) talked 2 my Dad/best friend & loved hearing that he is well & enjoyed a grand, easy time w/his youngest grandsons (that's the 3 of them in this photo:-)

2) discovered that one of the writers i'll be going to meet with this weekend is covering my hotel expenses. Thanx my Generous & Prosperous Brother!

Nina said...

My most recent blessing...by the grace of God I woke up today with my family intact, a roof over my head and food in the fridge.

My shared wisdom...from the Tao te Ching:

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Unknown said...

I believe that God built the format for good parenting through His Word. Every child deserves the chance to love its parents because their love for that child color every part of its world.

Faith--TRUE faith--is a by-product of receiving God's love and drawing from it. I never doubted my mother when she promised something because I knew that she loved me and would do whatever right and just action she could to deliver on her promises. I believe that God did the same thing in scripture and in action centuries ago and continues now. In my set of beliefs, I have the task and duty of remembering that God keeps his word in His Word and in His actions.

That little boy who did his best on a chore because Mom promised some favorite thing when I delivered my end of the bargain still lives within this 30-something frame--and he is--well, I am--finally realizing that I have missed out on a ton of good things because I just didn't want to ask My Daddy for things because my actions haven't been up to His standards. Funny thing is...my mother gave me what I needed even when I was a ruffian. God does, too. It's up to me to fulfill my end of the bargain if I want bigger and better things from My Parent.

Wow, C, you really know how to make a bruh think in the morning! LOL!

Unknown said...

OH...blessings: My family is coming through the loss of my Grams like good soldiers. People who normally backed away from the rest of the group are reaching out to each other and caring--just as Grams always wanted. Kris is recovering well and has embarked on a new exercise and change in diet to jumpstart her own aftercare. I am FINALLY starting school here on the West Coast after leaping a few hurdles that I did not see coming AT ALL! God is blessing, and I am happy.

CapCity said...

Nina - those are wonderful blessings! Thanx for your added wisdoms:-) That's the TRUTH about mastering ones' self being POWER! Whew!

Ced - so glad to know that all is coming along nicely with U & yours! THAT is a blessing 4 me!

KIKI said...

My take...My existence is fueled on faith. There are soooo many things that I want to obtain & achieve in life, and so many times I've wanted to give up; but it was faith that encouraged me to go after my dreams.

My recent blessing...I'd have to say it's some of the cool new blogs I've come across in the last week or so.

CapCity said...

Hey Sistah Kiki! u gotta share who these wonderful blog-newbies-2-u ARE:-). Girl, u & your biz venture is an inspiration & blessing to me from afar!

Mizrepresent said...

My favorite to Cap, so much so, that i think i reiterate it on a daily basis...there is no hit or miss with faith, not if you believe. My most recent blessing, being told that i will be featured at a very prominent event...Hallejuah!

Anonymous said...

Mine is Phi 3:13,14. In any case, I believe the Word is the ultimate source of wisdom. It is devinely inspired and contains the experiences of thousands of years. If we make mistakes, it's not because we didn't already have the lesson available to us.

Andrew The Asshole said...

I believe God has given me many great mentors (There is safety in a number of counselors) I have so many checks and balance in my life that i can only get off course for a short period of time.

Keshi said...

Always KEEP THE FAITH.

My recent blessing is YOU GUYS. All these beautiful bloggers!

Keshi.

KIKI said...

Well there are two more I'm finding myself visiting on a regular basis. The first I have to give credit to you for introducing me to is Ced.it/meant.it...I think his blog's great. The other is the Invisiblewoman's Black cinimea AT LARGE...if you dig movies (old & new) you'll enjoy her spot.

KIKI said...

OH yeah...just an fyi...visited a Pier one imports the other day & they have those baskets with the dividers already in them.

Andrew The Asshole said...

I gave you an award stop by and check it out

CapCity said...

Miz - I'm SO excited for your blessings, Sis! Life's a wonderful Ride ain't it? :-)

Bro G - thank u for sharing that scripture ... i too press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of Our Creator.

Andrew - Balance is KEY! thanx for the award - u got me *blushing*

Keshi - sometimes my faith wavers but it NEVER falters! Thanx for considering me/us blessings to u, it's a mutual feeling:-).

Kiki - Glad I could introduce ya to some interesting blog-personalities:-) & thanx for the fashionable organization tips! I need them;-)

blogger templates | Make Money Online