Sunday, July 15, 2007

Emotional Pimpin'


This was inspired by a discussion on Miz's Spot!

SOME times, women think differently than men expect for us to think (surprised, i know:-). And SOME times, we even FEEL differently than men anticipate. Yea, I know this information BLOWS you all away. But here is where it gets GOOD:

NEVER, EVER should a man make the mistake of ASSuming that just because we ADORE his company and talk to him all hours into the night, or because we laugh at ALL of his jokes, or - heaven HELP us: praise him for how he PUT it DOWN "last night" - that we have fallen head ovah heels to the point of NO return IN LOVE. As a Woman with some experience under my belt I have learned that I can CHOOSE to Fall in LOVE. I can allow myself to enjoy the flow - but when I catch on that "the flow" is being tampered with - I've GOT to GO! Despite what may seem like a contradiction - I continue to believe in Soul Mates, but I also think there are charlatans posing as my Soul Mate. So, while I'm keeping my heart "open" to my Soul Mate, I'm keeping my eyes, ears and good sense "open" to f%$kery and emotional pimpin'.

Here's a condensed version of some Pimp-Juice that a Man-Child of God tried to serve me several months back (I have a li'l distance, so I can write about it nicely now;-):
We met at a business seminar - so, we had a common goal, which was to improve our business savvy. A couple of months after meeting at the seminar we saw each other at a networking event and struck up a conversation. The vibe was GrrrreAT! Well, we kicked the willy-bobo, exchanged numbers and in my head there was a "connection". We'd talk for HOURS on the phone and he said he wanted my voice to be the first and last he heard in the day. So, I'm "zooming" cuz Brother Man is feeding me all that my soul needs to hear.

BUT, I'm experienced enough to know that all that glitters is not gold, no matter how much I allow myself to relish in its shine. So, I wait until we actually spend more time together before I ask the "hard" questions. Experience has taught me to ask the real hard questions in person - so, I can look you straight in the eye. When I asked about his living situation, he revealed that he was living with his baby's mama. I asked, "So, what is my purpose in your life?" He stammered a bit and attempted a futile Jedi Mind Trick, "What, with you it's all or nothing?"
As my elders have said, "I didn't get this old without learning a thing or two along the way."
I looked him square in the eye and asked, "How would YOU have it? What exactly are we having anyway, the all or the nothing?"
"I thought we were developing a friendship."
"Okay, but we are not teens. We know our intentions when we start ANY relationship. So, what are your intentions? What is the purpose of you holding my hand as we stroll, what is the purpose of you calling me first thing each morning and last thing each evening, if you are living with a woman and have no intention of developing any intimacy with me?"
"So, I guess that needs to end, huh?"
In my head, I'm like - Ya THINK, Clown? But my closer walk with God kicked in: "That would be best. I don't hold hands or talk first thing in the morning with buddies or males who I'm "just friends" with."

Yea, my "li'l feelings" were bruised because I had hoped that our "connection" was mutual and on a deeper level than apparently it was for him. Then I became quite angered by the fact that he'd wasted my Blessedly Limited Time and he KNEW from jump-street that he had no intentions of developing anything of true substance. He was riding along, pimping the "groove" that I was feeling, betting that there would be some type of "reward" for him - even if only a reprieve from his usual routine. So, his short-sightedness cost him a friendship AND possible business advocate.

Brothers, PuhLeeze end the emotional pimping, or at least - be aware of who you use it on. We are not ALL so easily pimped. But, if you don't stop, that's cool too - because I'm a firm believer that God does NOT like ugly and what goes around comes back around.
Ain't cha heard? Pimpin' Ain't Easy! Take Heed:
*Warning: song contains some language that may be offensive

Yes, all of this could apply to Female Emotional Pimps, too. But I don't get intimately involved with females, so those who have been pimped by women, feel free to share your comments.
*click on photo for its source

40 Comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Oh Sis, i love this, and it is so on point...yeah, i've been down this road, a time or two...and actually it has made me less vulnerable to the game...I'm a better woman for it, but the one thing i ain't into anymore is the Emotional Pimping, so in my mind, my life, the GAME is definitely changed. THanks for this!

CapCity said...

I figured u could appreciate this Sistah Miz! Gurl, I DO love the fact that I'm less vulnerable...though SOME time it would be nice to "drop my guard"...one day, one day...

Shai said...

Good post. I stopped by Miz's blog and put a long comment. LOL.

Emotional pimping? Hmm. I gotta think on that. LOL.

the prisoner's wife said...

LOL

i LOVED reading this & i LOVE your response to dude. luckily i don't have to deal with the whole "friends with benefits" thing from brovas, but plenty of my friends do & i don't understand what's so hard about putting your cards on the table. i don't understand why some always try to get over on the next man/woman.

loved this!

(ps: how you be, sis?)

Anonymous said...

I was just at Miz's spot and addressed this very issue. More sistahs need to put brothers on point about what their intentions are. To often, I think they get carried away with needs, whatever they are, and put their good sense on hold.

I think you did EXACTLY what all of us should do. Ask the hard questions, take the hard answers, make the hard decisions.

If you still make the wrong decision but have all of the information, don't cry. We're all adults.

And when the situation is reversed, shoot as strait as you would want to be shot.

Excellent!

CapCity said...

Glad u liked this, Shai. I gotta check out yr comment at Miz's spot.

HEY, Wifey - How U doin', Gurl? Good to see u (((HUGZ))). Glad u enjoyed my li'l experience:-). I never understood that need to play games, either. Li'l do they know they get SO much MORE by being straight-up! LOL!

Gotta check yr comments at Miz' spot, too Brother G! Yea, I HAVE to have clarity. I love being IN LOVE ...especially with ME! ;-)

dcsavvystar said...

You know what - as MIZ stated, I'm a better woman for this too. Now I can spot the so-called-game a mile away.

Sheletha said...

I think I just learned something.

CapCity said...

DCSavvy - ain't it wonderful to be "Hip" to the game? How u been, Sis?

Sheletha - glad to know u're still willing to learn! Good to see ya:-)

KIKI said...

You tell 'em Sis Cap.(clapping)I'm wit ya on this one!

Like Miz...been there, done that, ain't gonna do it again!

Diva's Thoughts said...

Girl you said a mouthfull here! Bravo!!!

Xcentric Pryncess said...

Hey Cap...I have been emotionally pimped and have emotionally pimped and it is NOT, I repeat NOT a good feeling......

BK said...

Ok can I go head stand up and CLAP A MILLION TIMES OVER FOR THIS!!!

I so needed to read this :) thank you!!! and may I borrow Emotional Pimping please? I think it will help get my response across!

Lance said...

aiiight, here's the breakdown between US(men) & Y'ALL(women)....

we don't give a shit.
y'all do.

think about it...

until he puts a ring on that finger, keep your guards up and even after that...you still gon' have to fight, cause they're women out there ready to take yo' man. especially when they see that ring on his finger. on the other hand, men gotta keep a hard dick in check like a willow stick that can lead them to water in the desert!

a baby luv smile and a big ass can get a brother in mo' trubble! ;-)

being in a relationship is gon' be a game til gravity start pullin' shit down and even if you're in a marriage and all seems to be lovey-dovey, ask a man or woman (not including the birth of the kids) they wouldn't get married again. why? it's the lost of freedom. shit, we all want to come home to a good woman, but some of y'all be trippin' on hurtful shit done by niggas (brought back from the dead) in which we gotta pay the price for. it happens to y'all too. insecure bitch-ass niggas that have done dirt in the past, now want to "lockdown" mama to be what he wants her to be and not let her be herself.

it's all a game.
it's all gonna come down to some shit.
it's a crap shoot.
you're gonna either win or lose.
so don't look for a match-made-in-heaven, here on earth.

i can understand a lot of women believing in soulmates and stuff, but don't believe that shit. in the course of communication between you and the guy, you're gonna tell more shit than you should because you're so "relaxed" with him and if he's listening, he's gonna be able to "push your button" anytime. anyplace. hell, the real smooth nigga can tell you when you're cycle is on and able to feed you so you won't cramp up.

you gotta treat relationships like corporate america. used them to get what you want but don't overstep your moral values and your independent freedom. that's a helluva balancing act. some women don't mind being submissive or controlled...that's like giving a nigga lightnin' bolts claiming he's God. fuck that! in the end, you'll be a clucky miserable wife wif ol' boy having mistresses on the side.

just take it one day at a time.
roll the dice.
go with the flow.

the lanceman returneth... (;-P

CapCity said...

Hey Kiki - thanx! Can u see me curtsy-ing...LOL! does anyone still curtsy? LOL!

Sistah Diva - just had to get it OUT of me! thanx for the luv:-).

Sis Xcentric - your honesty is quite refreshing! it's a "mother" ain't it?;-)

Welcome - BKDiva - good 2 c u! thanx, feel free to refer others to this spot anytime or borrow the terminology...until i figure out how to sell ALL my ideas;-). LOL!

LANCE! So glad to have U BACK & in FULL MFing EFFECT! LOL! i may not agree with EVERYthing u said, but u always bowl me over w/ your cockiness & grace. Muaaahhh!

Mizrepresent said...

Whew, whew, Lance, man you was on a roll there...okay, so much was said, hell, i don't even know where to begin, but i tell you...you paint a real bleak picture on relationships, can i sum it up:

1. give it up too soon, too bad, your fault.

2. get a man, got to fight to keep him, cuz ole girl wants your man now

3. not gonna work until gravity takes hold...(now this was one of the funniest...so when would you say a good time to hook up, ummmm 60, 70?)

4. Freedom is priceless...but is lonliness the price you pay for freedom? Or, maybe men don't get lonely? Not with all these women chasing them, surely not.


I guess it's best to be single...i guess...i really don't know anymore/rolling dice....7/11!

Lance said...

cap: it's all good, prolly about that soulmate stance i sed. but write this date/time down: july 16, 2007 @ 2:03pm

fall in love soulmate-style and he lets you down 'member i toltcha so. muaaaaah!!!! xoxoxox

miz: it's a crap shoot. i could be in a relationship now, if i wanna be, but at what sacrifice? that's the question.

CapCity said...

Miz - girl, yea according to Lance we ALL gonna roll Snake-EYES in this crap-shoot called Love! LOL!
i can only agree with the take ONE day at a time. For the most part, we're ALL scared-of-being-hurt/played but we're putting up these fake "tough"-fronts...

Sir Lance-a-lot - i defy your decree and shall continue to believe in REAL LOVE (can y'all hear MJB singing?). LOL!

CapCity said...

ROFL!! Lance our messages must've posted simultaneously. U KNOW me rather well, huh? YES, I'll believe in SoulMates4LYF!

Miz - wow - is loneliness the price we pay for freedom? whew - tha's got me speechless...

JustMeWriting said...

I wish they had a symbol of a person bowing down...LOL, because that's what I was doing...LOL. MAN, so many women need to know, but only those who'll hear will listen...for everyone else it's charlie-brown's teacher talken.

"I can CHOOSE to Fall in LOVE" THAT'S the line I BOW to...LOL. I'M IN SUCH AGREEMENT WITH ALL THAT!!!

Some men take please in "gaming on female sensibility, by saying things they just don't mean." (Will Downing) LOL.

CapCity said...

thanx for the kudos, Sistah J! But like Lance sed - while u were over here i was taking yo man Idris ovah at yo' spot. LOL! I think it's Lance's fault that I'm feeling like a trouble-maker today! LOL!

Lance said...

see there ya go cap, blame the black man...but before you do all dat, stand in line and take a ticket!

we gotta 'nuff shit on our plate!...lol

btw, MJB got drama, just ain't gon' cry 'bout it....hehehe

CapCity said...

now, lance u KNOW i play FAIR...i added the disclaimer that females are also emotional pimps...i just gave an example that I went thru (cuz i don't get pimped BY females)...and like Pryncess said, I can also admit that I have probably pimped a time or two. But, I'm so UP front that I don't think anyone is caught "out there"...i don't THINK I pimped anyone without their consent;-)

lisa q. said...

you never cease to inspire me Cap! i so love your style. you go girl! :P

CapCity said...

wow! thanx, Li$a. who knew that my li'l episode would be an inspiration. see? we never know why The Creator takes us thru the stuff we go thru:-)...

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Lance always has me rolling. I was sitting this one out after my rant at Miz's last week.

Miz's comment:
Is lonliness the price you pay for freedom.

That was profound, but remember - freedom, just as with peace of mind is priceless - just ask someone who wish they could get either one back.

Lance said...

Miz's comment:
Is lonliness the price you pay for freedom.

That was profound, but remember - freedom, just as with peace of mind is priceless - just ask someone who wish they could get either one back. - MegaRich

see, i toltcha!!!! (;-P

Keshi said...

I needed the laughs Cap...thanks! :)

Very well-written.

Keshi.

Mizrepresent said...

Oooh, yall been cutting up while i was away, but let's see, so love is a crapshoot, uhhhh maybe, maybe not can't just roll with that on all the way, but i hear ya... and i hear ya Rich and Lance on how some folks wish they could have that freedom back...i should know i was one of those people...in other words, sometimes the grass isn't greener, it's just a different shade of green. I got something for y'all tomorrow, so drop on by! GREAT Post SiSta Cap!

Unknown said...

"Fighting for love" is one of the most overused and unrealistic notions on the planet. We don't fight for another person's choice without learning of the lunacy involved in such a thing. People choose where they attach their emotions just as they decide where they will eat on a city block filled with restaurants: according to taste and preference at the time.

I've faced women who fall under the "emotional pimp" category, and most of them were just hurt women who decided to "take out their" ish on other men after one or two pulled the wool over their eyes. The only difference between love and lies is choice. Relationships really are much simpler than we like to admit...as long as we want to remain happy in them.

As for Cap's "friend"...he was a fumb duck to the fullest. Lance, shake that pessimism! Even I'm not THAT bad...

Shai said...

Amen to Ced!

@Lance: you are saying love with caution. Real love is not cautious. See folks (men/women) want things so easy. Well, relationships are not easy. And to think that if you jump for the next bootie, you will still have issues to deal with. And booties jumping in the end is just that an end. An end to really experiencing something profound in life.

I thought I was pessimist, dang dude.

CapCity said...

Well, a sistah goes to take a li'l nap & the house continues in Full Swing! :-)

Rich - first, don't sit anything out - come on IN the water's FINE! I don't know WHY u up in here giving Lance more "fuel", though;-). Especially, when U know FULL WELL u wouldn't trade your situation for ALL the GOLD &/or Freedom in the world! Listening to u orchestrate your family is like listening to a master conductor who is PASSIONATE about his orchestra! u say u miss it so that us single folk don't envy u too much - well, TOO LATE! LOL! Relish in yr blessings, Bro Rich - it's OKAY.

Lance - i love u! anytime u wanna go to choich witme just holla! ;-)

Keshi - thanx, Sis! Always glad to share a smile w/U, "smiley";-)

Miz - u KNOW i'm loving this theme that u've "started";-)

Ced - I don't know which is sexier on U - them DAYUM thighs (u really need 2 post a full length photo of u in jeans...hee hee;-) -OR- the way U express yo'self! And not Fumb Duck! LOL! thanx for coming thru & putting it DOWN!

Shai - Ced brought IT didn't he? I'm so blessed to call him a friend! Just add Lance to your prayer list;-)

Andrew The Asshole said...

oh man I missed a good one. Men are talk to be less emotional, but I think men just show their emotions differently not really any less. Human beings are emotional creatures. Seduction is latin for lead astray. When a person is in lust they come and go, but if you can make the other person fall in love with you then you can lead them where ever you want. Emotional Pimpin is to look at the world through the other persons eyes and give them what they are missing from their live. The only person you can't seduce is a perfectly content person.

CapCity said...

Hey Andrew - Nevah too late, Hun! Ohhhh, I LIKE that: a totally content person cannot be seduced...i must almost BE there, then;-)!

Unknown said...

(blushing purple like Barney) Thank you, babe! Just my thoughts...

Unknown said...

Andrew slid a smooooooth one in on me...niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...

plez... said...

CAP,
you really opened up for us with this one! *smile*

i'm just asking the question, but you never picked up on how SLEAZY this guy was when you first met him OR all that time you spent on the phone?

if not, then you can see how easily a PYT with very little time in the game can get taken in and used by the Emotional Pimp (i'm thinking that he only got into your emotions, right? *smile*).

on the real, it seemed as though this guy was really digging you, but he was just out of his league. i think he saw what he liked and went after it, even though, he was ill-equipped to handle what he got.

my advice to all of my sisters out there, don't go looking for LOVE, because LOVE will always find you!

CapCity said...

HEY Plez! Welcome Back:-),
i think u r right - i don't necessarily think the brother was a real low-life sleaze; i DO think that we were vibin' but as u say he was out of his league in a sense. I wrote this b'cuz it is VERY easy for a PYT who is innocent to get "caught up", so, i hope this will help to slow them down. AND rest assured... ALL he got was time & a few emotions;-) *smile*

It's not always as simple as: "Don't go looking..." because I'm NOT looking anymore. I am simply living and observing what's flowing along this stream of life. I wrote this b'cuz Love's not the ONLY thing that will find U & we need to be aWARE of that;-).

Unknown said...

True dat, baby!

Andrew The Asshole said...

Considering 75% or more American have self esteem issues, I would say most people can be seduce and in fact most people want it. Life is already hard enough so people don't need more reality they need fantasy. Seduction is an addicting power that we all can relate to. We all have experienced being in love or being loved... when your all has a positive effect on another person. The trick to emotionally pimpin to do seduce all the time, never turn the skill off.

blogger templates | Make Money Online