Monday, July 23, 2007

Thanx 4 another Award:-)



I'm honored that Andrew of The Abyss would award me the:


According to what I could understand of the rules I'm supposed to pass this award onto five others! I'm so awful at selections because I was always that last kid waiting to be chosen on teams...but, i'll do my best...
SO, If the definition of schmooze is (according to freedictionary.com):

"To converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.
v.tr."
Then the following have the power of schmooze:
1) Shai - she drew me to this whole blog-o-sphere by posting about her blog interactions on Ms. B's site.
2) Keshi - She's that funny Indian/Sri Lankan, fashion-conscious chica from "Down Undah" who keeps the bloggers chatting...with hundreds of comments each post!
3) Dezel - he gets out & really connects at vineyards & wine events. My mouth waters every time I visit his highly professional blog:-).
4) Kiki - she's down to earth and doin' her thang as she gets her own business off the ground - that's inspirational schmoozing:-).
5) Jac - his blog is a window to his soul AND the world that he has pulled in with his charm & warm spirit:-).

I hope u enjoy those bloggers as much as I do!

17 Comments:

Shai said...

Aww, thanks so much.

So now I gotta pass it on.

Unknown said...

I am just trying to learn from all of you! The online "lounge spot" feel of the conversations here are great! I can't wait until the next time I get to head East so I can catch up with some of you!

Cap, I see you made it back to the Windy City! You beat me back there! Next time, we'll have to meet up!

Mizrepresent said...

Big CONGRATS Sis!

CapCity said...

Shai - da truff is easy:-)

Ced - yea, it was wild being back in The Windy City - the chill-Great Lakes-breeze wasn't the only reason I had goose bumps;-).

Miz - Thanx, Sis!

Dave J. said...

Yep, now this I should of seen coming from around the corner, mile away.

You? A schmoozer? Lol. I hope you enjoy wearing those shoes, should be a comfortable fit!

CapCity said...

:-) Dave, I never considered myself a schmoozer, either. So this IS a funny award to me. I am a TALKER for sure...but a schmoozer? But who am I to refuse Andrew's 'estimation' of me?! Thanx for the encouragement. LOL!

plez... said...

CAP,
this is such a refreshing refuge from the rest of the blogosphere, i'm sure the awards will keep coming... CONGRATULATIONS!

keep doing what you're doing! *smile*

Dezel Quillen said...

Hello CapCity,

Congratulations young lady and thank you so much for thinking about Dezel. That was really nice. I visited a winery over the weekend that will produce many fruit wines and thought about your mom. How are those recipes going she passed to you? I bet you it tastes good! Thanks again and have a wonderful week.

Happy Sipping!

Dezel

KIKI said...

Thank you soooo much, Sis Cap!

If the shoe fits...I'll glad you wear the HALE outta it! I love schmoozing with all different type of folks...but it's so rare that I find people with something to say worth listening to...until I came to "blog-world". I look forward to "schmoozing" with my blog fam & when I get caught up in real life dealings that keep me away, I miss you guys...Thanks again...

Big Ole Huggs & Smooches!

CapCity said...

Plez - Awwwww ...wowwww...thanx for the compliment. *blushing*

Dezel - u r so very deserving of more awards than i can give. i've been itching to taste the wine me & my mom made - but she says it won't be ready until around thanxgiving. U know i'll let u know how it turned out ASAP:-)

Kiki - Girl, i also feel blessed by these Blog-Connections! God willing we will all continue to spread and share the prosperity:-). Big Ol' Country Hugz to u, too, Sis!

lisa q. said...

congrats cap! well deserved! :P

Xcentric Pryncess said...

Yes Ms. CapCity..I agree with your award as you have welcomed me to the Blog world....Thank You..and Congrats...

CapCity said...

Li$a - thanx, sis:-)

Sistah Xcentric - thanx, Girl! U were a treat to stumble upon!

Keshi said...

aww ty! how sweet of ya :)

We all make many CONNECTIONS in Blogville...

Keshi.

CapCity said...

Keshi - u r my un-official "mentor" for making Blog-connections;-). LOL! keep it up, mate!

jac said...

How do I say congrats and thank you together, in black american or hispanic way ???

Then say it looking at a mirror... say it to yourself for me, cap !

:))

CapCity said...

u just did, Brother Jac;-)...by the way, what is the official language of Nigeria (that's where u are, right?)? How would U say thanks & congrats in Nigerian language?

blogger templates | Make Money Online