After the Hip-hop discussion over at Ced's I had to look up MC Lyte & I found this treasure! I LOVVVVE the voice of this SISTAH. Sistah Lyte, I will ALWAYS love U! Thanx for this tribute 2 us, your fans. Then enjoy one of her newest grooves!
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Ced made me do this...
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 7/04/2007
Labels: amazing individual, mc lyte, promoting another blogger, uTube treasures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 Comments:
That is my girl the Lyte. Repping the old school. She looking good for our age. LOL. I love listening to her speak.
Lyte is still one of the dopest MC's to spit across the mic. Believe dat!
She does have a great voice and I like her words too. I miss seeing her on Half & Half! I still can't believe how they just pulled that show off the air!
LOL... 'lyte the mc is lite as a rock' yeah, she's no joke.
Thanks for this. I never had the opportunity to hear her spoken word. As time wears on, I find myself gravitating more towards this style of presentation (sans the music), seems so much more ...potent.
Cap, you put a smile on my face this morning! Nice work!
What's up, everyone!
Glad u enjoyed this, Family!
Shai - yea, she does make "us" old-school-heads look good:-).
M-Rich - AND u KNOW thissss!;-)
Anali - i forgot she had a bit on half&half...and i'm never surprised when they yank a show w/ majority POC;-)
JMW - truly...this sistah is da truff. lol!
Dave - i didn't know about her "spoken word" either - but not surprised that her flow is so smooth.
Ced - :-)
Sis, i just saw her at Essence, and she looks great and still has the attitude and Godliness of a Diva of the word...i tell you, i was so impressed with her and everything she said, gonna post about my experience later, but great post!
Hey Sis Cap!
The L-Y-T-E is my gurrrl! I'm glad to see some folk still have an appreciation for the good stuff!LOL!
Hey Miz - i KNOW u had a blast at Essence & sistah Lyte was just icing! can't wait to read about your trip:-).
Wuz UP, Kiki? Good to c u rollin' thru, showing love. Oh Girl, U KNOW I likes the Good stuff! LOL!
Post a Comment