This post was weirdly inspired by Sistah JMW's post on compulsions. I've learned that I am the polar opposite of my girl, JMW:-). JMW's home is probably spot-less, neat and orderly. I, on the other hand have learned to celebrate when I complete ANY thing that is on my To-Do list, especially if it involves chores or any other undesirable task.
I used to think that I should strive to be more like those "go getters" around me who 'got things done'! They keep lists, they check them twice and they are productive members of our society. I applaud those people. I used to want to BE one of those people. Every time I promised myself that "by golly" I also had what it takes to BE one of those productive members of society - I would write extensive lists and journal entries promising to get on "the good foot" and pull myself "up by my own boot straps". Half way through my 'go getter' week I was worn OUT! I just couldn't keep UP with me!
Then I went to a reading where my s-hero, Nikki Giovanni was speaking. When the words came out of her mouth that she wants to get applause every time she cleans a corner, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. She is truly a kindred spirit. Nikki Giovanni said that she calls up her family members for them to come and celebrate if she sweeps or mops a mere corner of her kitchen! That's MY kind of Girl!
So, I'm sending out Big Hugz to MEEEEEE for:
*Sorting through most of my papers (down from 6 bags to approximately 1 bag) that I started earlier this month.
*Keeping my home neat & clean since my mom came to help me get it together five weeks ago (including the nitty gritty stuff that I strongly dislike dealing with like kitchen & bathroom corners).
I've come to the conclusion that I am NOT Lazy ... I am an ARTIST who needs mulling and piddling time to allow my ideas to marinate and come into being. I need time to read and process what I've read. I need time to day dream and ponder so that I can get my ideas out in the fashion that they want to come forth.
And Hugz to all U artists who read & support my blog - even if it means putting off some "meaningful" task;-)!
*click on the image for its source.
Friday, July 27, 2007
Hugz 4 me!
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 7/27/2007
Labels: promoting another blogger, self love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 Comments:
See I knew there was some connection we had. I am the same way. I like making lists yet I fall short of getting those chores down regularly.
I beat myself up at it then I say Oh well and try again. LOL.
Oh yeah, my daughter hustled money by cleaning my frig out. LOL. I did not have a problem paying $20 for it. Now I gotta find a way to tackle my den/storage room and the oven (yuck!)LOL
So Give YourSELF a BIG Ol' Hug, Shai for doing What ya do! I'm sending u a cyberHug;-)!
(((Cap))) LOL. I can say I have a touch of lazy. LOL. I get in a zone and time flies by. I just wish I was doing more creating instead of thinking. LOL.
Can't have creating withOUT thinking...U go head & "claim" Lazy if U want...I know the power of words and I know I'm not Lazy...I'm an INTENSE thinker & that takes energy!
You were in my dream the other night. It was strange because my mind chose to portray you as a mother, and your children were with you throughout. Pretty sure I gave you several hugs during the course of the dream. What for, I don't remember. Probably because you're such a lovable person. We haven't met face to face, but I know that to be true.
Bless U, Dave. May your dream(s) come true. I would love to be a Wife (first) & mother...I'm holding onto the faith that it's possible as long as I am alive. When I DO bear the fruit of my husband I'm sure I'll be SO attached to my babies:-). AND I know when we meet that we will have Hugz for each other!
oh i soooooo hear you...i think i have a little connection with nikki too...last week i swept the kitchen floor...when beautifulbabydaughter came home i said, "look! i swept the floor!"...she said, "i see that. good job!" you shoulda seen me puff all up! :D
Gosh Cap...I swear that we are so similar..its a bit scary -- my mom also comes to my house to "get it together" and though I am teased by friends I'm like "At least I got a mama that will come and clean for me" (say this with the black girl neck roll)...lol
Y'all single women do know that a man looks to see how you keep house.
What? I'm just saying.
Mega - that's what my mama told me...lol..forget yall
You go girl!
Li$a - u deserve to be puffed UP & proud of that kitchen floor, Sis:-). sending u a cyber Hug 2!
Xcentric - Sis, u & yo' Mama get a cyber Hug;-)
Bro Rich - all i can do is laugh & shake my head at that one...i could go OFF on the many things that Men "Look For" - but they themSELVES don't offer! LOL! u just enjoy being married & be glad i like u ... and in case U haven't noticed - i'm not living waiting for a man...That's The Lord's job & I'm going to let HIM handle sending my perfect match at the perfect time;-). u get a special cyber hug - cuz that was "cute"...
Sistah Diva - Hugz to u 2;-)
LOL... you know the funny thing about all this is...THAT'S ME...lol. see, just because I have those other 'disorders' doesn't mean I'm neat...LOL; on the contrary, I'm a, well do what I can from time to time...I'm a 'when company comes' kind of cleaner...LOL.
I used to think I was lazy too, but thanks to you I'm going to start calling myself an artist. lol.
I cleaned my room the other day and my son was like wow mom, it's so funny when you clean you room, because that day it's so nice...then you get up in the morning take everything out of your closets and throw it on your bed, then when you come home from work you throw it on the floor...then your room looks the same again...LOL-THAT'S ME...THE ARTIST!!!
Nice comeback at Rich. LOL. Lovingly checking can be good. LOL.
Good blog. I am excited as you go back into the classroom with new eyes and a break. Have you thought about leaving NY and moving to a different area? Kids in the south and the west coast can be a little different. Your teaching skills can easily transfer to corporate training.
JMW - LOL! I just KNEW u were a neat freak after reading your post. I had to come "home" and remind me that I'm OK;-).
Shai - as my elders lovingly said to us who would "talk not what we knew" = "ain't nobody stuttin', Rich". LOL!
Welcome to my corner of the blog Bro Z. Kirk & thanx for the luv. NO plans to move again anytime soon! Next Move into HOUSE provided by The Creator via my SoulMate (hear that, Rich;-)! I AM looking into other areas for using my trade-skills. Keep me in ya prayers! I do know that God provides always...
That is my kind of girl.hehehe
But what about him, who has all the aces with him plus the looks.LOL
;)
Hugz, Jac! And who is this 'him' you're referring to, someone i know?
Post a Comment