"Met" An Xcentric Pryncess over at Brother T. Stephens' blog-spot today.
I thanked her for turning me onto this WONDERFUL Lucille Clifton Poem, which I just HAD to share here:
Homage to My Hips
these hips are big hips.
they need space to move around in.
they don't fit into little petty places.
these hips are free hips.
they don't like to be held back.
these hips have never been enslaved,
they go where they want to go they do what they want to do.
these hips are mighty hips.
these hips are magic hips.
i have known them to put a spell on a man and spin him like a top
---Lucille Clifton
Check out Ms. Clifton reading this by clicking HEAR:-)
Monday, July 9, 2007
Hips:-)
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 7/09/2007
Labels: lucille clifton, promoting another artist, promoting another blogger, self love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
I wish I had some hips. I am straight up and down as my grandma would say. LOL.
Shai, Girl - we all wish we were something other than what we are. I'm learning FINALLY to embrace ALL of this sculpture that God created called ME;-).
I'm likin this one, Cap! I loooove my hips.
Shai...don't worry if it's not in abundance...it's all about how you work what you've got LOL!
High five on that, Sistah Kiki!
Post a Comment