Saturday, July 28, 2007

Barack Obama update, pt 2

I wasn't at this one, but stay tuned...there WILL be dinners at the Big House when he's Prez;-)...
The Ben Affleck interview gives me a new respect for the man despite his Jug-Head resemblance. Listening to him speak so articulately reminded me of the political aspirations I recall hearing that he has...

It would be an interesting "experiment" to see what kind of impact voters of Color have if EVERY person of Color voted for Obama. I realize many think that the US isn't ready to end it's reign of white male supremacy...still, it would be interesting....
Love Barack Obama as I DO, I'm preparing myself to survive regardless of who's in da Big House 'cause that's what MY People have ALWAYS done. For Living we were BORN...

10 Comments:

Unknown said...

Obama never fails to impress me with his listening skills. He speaks to people so well because he ACTUALLY listens to their answers when he poses questions. I love the fact that he understands how important a listening President will be to the American public and to our allies, former and current, as time moves on. America has had one too many hotheads in office over the last three decades, and I hope that he wins this thing and proves himself to be worthy of our vote.

Ben Affleck, political thinker? Wow--I had no clue. Then again, he IS a close friend of Matt Damon, who happens to be an incredibly intelligent man in his own right. Political aspirations? I think every male actor whose box office take is often larger than some country's GDP goes through a "Ronald Reagan" moment. We shall see...

jac said...

:)

lisa q. said...

obama '08! :P

CapCity said...

Thanx Ced, Jac & Li$a for indulging my "whimsy" & one of few political indulgences...but I just LOVE that man...even if he's not running for office, ya gotta LOVE Obama;-)

Keshi said...

Obama or not, I hope the war on terror would end!

Keshi.

CapCity said...

Amen to THAT, Keshi!

plez... said...

CAP,
you know that i'm behind Obama 2008 one hundred percent. i am anticipating the upcoming election cycle like no other!

Sleeperwithheavyeyes said...

Thanks for the comments on my site, I 2 am an Obamite, looking forward to a president that cares about the Black community in between elections.

Nabeel said...

Not many people know but Obama is anti-muslim .. and that's not cool. So no votes for him mate from a hugr chunk of communities in the US

CapCity said...

NabEEEELLLL! Stop the presses! R u SERIOUS??? Where is THAT information coming from? thanx for coming thru - please come back with some proof of that fact....please.

blogger templates | Make Money Online