*Additonal excerpts to be posted each Tuesday (thanx for keeping me writing:-)...
I was the lone dancer on the tiny dance floor of the hotel's bar. I was enjoying the flirtatious interaction with the DJ: he behind his equipment, me dancing, our eyes flirting and laughing, as our bodies moved in similar patterns across the space. I have been coming here just about every week for the past two months to support my friends who are throwing these parties.
As I spun, I noticed him sitting on the far end of the long leather high backed bench to my left, closest to the bar. He was sitting alone with a drink in front of him, watching me. He had on cream colored sweat pants and a dark tee. I was feeling sexy in my cuffed, fitted jeans, baby tee with funky design and two inch high wedged heel sneakers. I turned back to the DJ and resumed our flirtatious play.
When I felt the need for a break I went to sit with my friends on the end of the leather bench closest to the DJ. It's a jazzy little lounge spot in the heart of New York's Theater District. There are high backed leather benches along three walls with low tables lined up in front of them and sleek, padded arm chairs in front of each table. You walk past a tiny bar as you enter the space and diagonally across from the bar there is a glass-enclosed smoker's room. The DJ is set up next to the glass enclosure.
My friends are both men who are cousins. I have known one of them for over a decade from back home in DC. He and I used to flirt with each other back then, but he's married now and we have drawn a truce. There continues to be an attraction, but we both respect the committed vows greatly. I met his cousin when my friend and I rediscovered each other two years ago here in The Big Apple. They have introduced me to all of their industry friends and I have been having a great time partying with them, being pampered and treated royally without the pressures of dating any of them. I love partying with male friends. I am protected without competing for the attentions of prospective suitors.
The DJ started another song that got a few of the new comers to the party onto the dance floor and it was one of my favorites, too! I joined the other three females on the dance floor. I noticed him in the smoker's room. Was he watching me or was I imagining things? There were several of us on the dance floor, but I felt his eyes on me, despite the shadowy darkness of the lounge.
*Click on image of this High Heeled sneaker for its source.

9 Comments:
I love dancing. I'd die if I cudnt dance.
btw I answered ur qn in my blog :)
Keshi.
My my. This is the first time I've read some of your work. Well done my friend. I'm captivated.
Niiiiice, Sistah Cap...very niiiiice!
Go on girl....seee i knew you could tell a story....sitting and waiting for more!
He is nice? Did u meet him later?
~ j
fabulous! when do we get the rest of the story??? can't wait! :P
and yes girl, your turn!
Keshi - yea, dancing's the best!
Bro G - i'm honored that i can captivate the wordsmith, himself!
Kiki - thanx, Sis!
Miz - tha's right, sis - watch out dere now! lol!
J - thanx for the love - u'll have to be patient;-)
Li$a - i'll make this a weekly post:-). thanx again!
Good Start
keep it coming
thanx for coming thru & giving luv, Jim! if u have time - kick off yr shoes & check out the following 4 excerpts of L,L&D:-)
Post a Comment