Welcome Back for Wednesday Wisdom vol. 8
I've flipped the script a bit;-). I'm in need of real, every day wisdoms, wonders and good news! To that end...
First, give us your take on the wisdom U dig in the selection (okay, this week it's an excerpt of a conversation instead of a quotable quote:-) :
K: "Why do men always believe they wield some magical power over women?"Then, share with us a Wonderful Blessing that You, personally have experienced recently (do NOT simply state: "found this great Blog-Family" we'll take that as a given...dig a bit deeper;-).
D: "Because in our own limited ways we do."
~Beverly Jenkins: from her book: Topaz

15 Comments:
I'll "prime my own pump" with ONE of the many blessings I have enjoyed recently:
I met a man who treated me wonderfully on our first date. Met him for dinner at a "hopping" Hispanic restaurant, he ordered a delicious meal (i love letting men order for me:-), accompanied by a delightful bottle of red wine followed by the best flan I've ever had. After dinner he drove me to several spots in NYC that I've never seen with amazing night time views and we ended up "salsa" dancing to the music in our heads beside the Hudson River! I felt like I was in a movie. It ranks as the best date I've ever had!
I'm glad you said that you felt as if you were in a movie because I was waiting for Meg Ryan or Drew Barrymore's names to roll through credits in a minute! I'm happy for you, luv.
My child is alive and healthy--THAT is my blessing. Despite a miscarriage scare, Little Miracle (our nickname) is fighting and living. Life is my blessing.
The quote rings true...but I am returning to comment. I know what I want to say in essence; let's see how God lets my mind frame the thought.
BLESSING: 1. THAT MY MOTHER GOT ON A PLANE AND DIDN'T CAUSE A RUCKUS (DUE TO CLAUSTROPHOBIA)TO HER FIRST TRIP TO NORTH CAROLINA. 2. THAT I WAS ABLE TO SHOW HER THAT I AM GAINFULLY EMPLOYED AND ONCE AGAIN THE INDEPENDENT BLACK WOMAN THAT SHE RAISED ME TO BE...KNOWING THAT SHE IS PROUD OF ME. 3. TO SEE MY NEPHEW GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND STEP INTO HIS NEW SEASON.
Seeing my daughter step into her destiny by graduating, being confident and independent, a young lady with a zest for life....ahhhhhh, i can exhale!
yay! so happy for you! :$
blessing 1: seeing my daughter and her b/f so happy together after quite a bump in the road...i love calling him my 'someday son' again...i missed that!
blessing 2: seeing my 'someday son' graduate from the police academy! he's an official sheriff's deputy now...how fabulous is that???
oh, and my thoughts on the wisdom selection for the day...
men have power over women because we give it to them...we teach people how to treat us...how many women sit waiting for the phone to ring? or live for a compliment from some damn man to make them feel good?
men will lose power over women when women love themselves and realize they don't have to depend on a man to make them happy!
ced - i'm simply enjoying the moments & leaving it all in God's Hands:-). I'm SO glad that your seed is healthy - truly a blessing!
sheletha - the Lord's been raining down on u, sis & I'm SO glad to hear it!
miz - i don't think yr daughter has much choice...she is YOUR child;-).
li$a - glad that all is well w/ yr offspring, too! love is so lovely;-).
My take on the bit I posted (first, EVERYone should read that book:-): I am learning that men do have power over us and it's upto US to harness & direct that power! A funny realization came to me when my newest & I went out the other day: I could smell his scent & he mine and for the first time in my life I stopped & pondered the fact that we couldn't smell ourselves. It's another example of the power we have over each other - see what I mean? I just know that what ever spirits created us - has created some FASCINATING beings!
I am able to still be excited about the idea and concept of receiving love in it's purest form. That in itself is a huge blessing for me.
To be able to see my siblings grown and loving others.
hmmm, i'on kno'....
i guess to realize that i could be have woke up dead this morning count as a blessing each and everyday.
compared to that, everything else is like "whatever".
think about it.
Men do exercise power over women. Look at all the things sistahs are willing to do to get a man, keep a man, take away a man from another sistah. Men are more valuable than gold...but not without a price.
Because women exercise an equal, if not greater power over men. Check the list: Eve, Bathsheba, Solomon's Concubines, Delilah. She who rules the bedroom rules the world.
That's reality.
A companion to this thought is wisdom that was shared with me some time ago: "Women give sex to get love and men give love to get sex." In this life, it's all about what motivates you. It shapes our perspective, your behavior, your intents and your actions.
Believe that.
Ummmm BTW, that was some date of yours...girl had me swooning with you, NICE!
Deep - Gurrrl, I'm with u on the blessing of being able to recieve love. So many of us are really struggling with that concept.
Lance - Where U been? Good 2 c u! yes, it IS a blessing that u woke up this morning & i'm glad u did!
Bro G - u r SO right...we're all struggling/juggling this whole male/female interaction.
Miz - Gurrl, yea! ;-)
good question. I think i do have a wand, but its more the belief system of western culture. Not to mention a woman loves a man who cleans his plate always - lol
how ya been sista
Hey Sistah Cap...
Ok...what I think about Wednesday Wisdom...(sorry but I gotta be me...)the power men have over women is called a penis.
My blessings...my two boys. They have boh saved me in their own way & I really don't think I'd be here today if it weren't for them!
I like the new twist...makes you appreciate what you have more.
Excellent Sista-girl!
Bro T - thanx for coming thru - i love a man who cleans his plate AND who cooks the food that goes ONto the plate. LOL!
Kiki - don't evah be sorry for being U. A man's magic wand is only ONE of his powers ...in my opinion, girl;-). Glad u like the new "addition" to my Wed. "special":-)
...relish your children - not everyone is so blessed
Blessing - My 18yr old listened to mom and dad and recieved $56K in scholarships - no loans to repay, college is a wrap and it hasn't even started. Yeahhhh!
Now on to the post:
A man who studies women has the power...no doubt. Most women only need some attention, kind words, maybe a gift or two and back that up with the long stroke and you got her. Mind you, she has to be attracted to you in the first place.
A smart woman knows how to flip that thing around. A woman like my wife. Always keeps me looking to make her happy. I guess it's been that way since day one. She made me wait six months for a date, but she was worth it. She knew it too. Most chicks don't. They are so happy to get the attention they give up the date, the draws, the money, the ride, whatever they think it takes to hook dude.
Post a Comment