Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Human waste facilities

When does the flush cycle end? How long do adults allow other adults to use them as a place to "squat"? How long will women cry to each other that "He done me wrong!" I'm not sure who men cry to, but I know there are also men who allow themselves to be used.
I understand the innocence of blossoming young adults who think the world is "all about them". Then they experience a couple of rude awakenings & slaps in the face of "love". Now, in my experience there are two choices when you've had painful experiences in the name of love:

1) Continue to walk in the path of "ignorance" - do the same things, spend time with the same types of people who hurt you along the way, continue to cry to your "closest" friends that you don't understand why these painful episodes keep happening.

2) Get a GRIP! Take a closer look at yourself, your habits, your relationship with a higher power (what ever your faith) and DECIDE what part you are willing to play in this whirl-d of relationships. GO into relationships with both eyes and heart open! Be slow to bruise & quick to heal! Know that we as individuals have a great deal of control over who we let into our worlds, and how long we allow them to stay there once we have learned WHO they REALLY are. Stop kidding ourselves - people are NOT that difficult to read - if you're really paying attention.

Be sure that u want to hear my answer if you come to me for advice. I don't hold hands & tell u what u want to hear. Once I realize that's all u want, u'll get my answering service on the regular. Time above ground is a precious commodity. I don't have time for pity parties. Trust me - I have this same talk with myself, regularly!

Which selection will U make? 1) Continue in Ignorance or 2)Practice self analysis & improve your relationships overall, starting with the relationship with your Creator?

To those who have hurt me in the past - I Thank you & release you from any ill feelings I may continue to harbor unwittingly. You have taught me: Living WELL is the best revenge! Without your kix in the a$$ I would not be the alert, confident woman that I am today!

To those who I have hurt along the way - Please accept this public apology. Blame it on the arrogance & ignorance of youth. Without your love and support I would not be the loving, confident woman that I am today!

NOTE: A fellow Blogger, Lisa Q. is offering an AMAZING e-class for those who need HELP with relationships and can't bear my brusque manner:-). When you get to her site you'll see on the top left column the offer on How to Attract the Relationship You Want. You can email her for details before you sign up, too!

*click on the photo for its source.

23 Comments:

JustMeWriting said...

THAT WAS SO ON POINT CAP... don't forget the other modes...denile and blame...so many people never come to change, because they refuse to accept change to be in order...they blame everyone else...making themselve eternal victims or they act like there's nothing wrong and they're TOTALLY happy with life and the decisions they've made, either way...it's a sad place to be.

Mizrepresent said...

I'm taking the high road Sis! No matter how difficult, casting aside the negatives, and those who project negativity...i may slip and fall on occassion, but i'm never down for long. Great post! STay up!

dc_speaks said...

amen...I didn't know we were basically on the same subject today.

very refreshing to see this post today from another perspective. oh and men whine to other men and to women as well.

be at peace, sistah.

CapCity said...

JMW, GURL...da nile & blame are on the same side of the coin:-). i agree living that lie where I'm OK..it's all THE other person's fault ALL the time, is a terrible place to be!

thanx for coming thru, sis!

CapCity said...

Sis Miz - i know by your energy that u live life to it's FULLEST. As humans we're allowed to get low...but as artists & spiritual beings we're driven to get back UP!

glad u liked it:-)

CapCity said...

DC, bruh, i'm at peace - thanx for the reminder, though:-). I may print this post onto a card - so, everytime a self-appointed "victim" comes to me for advice i won't have to waste the few breaths that God gave me! LOL!

glad u like this perspective.

It's funny - maybe it's the warm weather bringing out the flirts or something, but Lisa Q also posted a similar topic:-)

Keshi said...

This is a great post. TY! I'd take the 2nd option n move on. :)

Every experience in life (good/bad) has lessons attached to them.

Keshi.

lisa q. said...

i just wanted to thank you so much for stopping by and commenting, but even more for featuring my class on your post and sending traffic my way! you are awesome (and so is your post by the way)...if there's ever anything i can do for you, all you need do is ask...

CapCity said...

Welcome to my corner of the world, Keshi. glad u like what u read. i'm not surprised - don't know u, but your blog-tude doesn't seem to be one of lay down & wallow in misery:-).

CapCity said...

Hey Lisa Q! I'm glad I can spread the word. I'm learning from U! I may create an E-class for writing (would do it for computer skills - but that may be a challenge considering I really teach basics to people who are computer-phobic:-).

When I set up Paypal for my writing class I may ask U to spread the word;-). thanx for the reciprocation!

jac said...

That was a wonderful article, cap.

Loved ever word you wrote encouraging others, giving them strength.
Keep the spark going.
All the best cap

*Tanyetta* said...

yes!!!!!!!!!!! thank you----

people are NOT that difficult to read - if you're really paying attention.

you are soooooooooo right. i need to fix a cuupla things going on in my life right now. starting with myself. :)

Unknown said...

Girl, you're shining so bright that I'm wearin' some SHADES! Good stuff, Cap!

dc_speaks said...

wednesday wisdoms? you're late.

CapCity said...

thanx for the encouragement, jac!

CapCity said...

glad i could give u a boost, tanyetta:-)

CapCity said...

thanx, Ced! u got me blushing over here;-)

CapCity said...

glad to see u chompin' at the bit, DC...i likes that kind of enthusiasm ;-)

Lisa Johnson said...

"Be slow to bruise & quick to heal!"

I really like this quote. That's some good advice for life in general.

Anonymous said...

Wow CAP. That is about the most adult and intelligent thing I've read in blog world.

Tell it like it is.

CapCity said...

Anali - that specific quote is advice that my Dad gives me often. I'm glad you find it helpful. It's taken some practice on my part, but this last break up I experienced proved to me that I'm getting it right;-)

CapCity said...

Bro G - Wow, that's a serious compliment coming from one w/ your skills & internet exposure. I'm grateful & ever humbled by your words. thanx!

Shai said...

I agree with Anali. I like that quote. "Be slow to bruise and quick to heal." I am learning also that thinking about the wound after it is all over shows you are completely healed.

blogger templates | Make Money Online