Welcome Back for Wednesday Wisdom vol. 7
Look closely, now and see what U dig about:
The human race has had long experience and a fine tradition in surviving adversity. But we now face a task for which we have little experience, the task of surviving prosperity.
~Alan Gregg.

13 Comments:
The more we have, the greater we stress to keep it and to gain more. We're never satisfied. There is always something that leaves us one step away from feeling materially complete. Environmentally, we are stripping our world dry of its resources--and I don't remember a label that read "new one ripe and ready for you as soon as you screw this one up" anywhere on the equator or either pole. Cap, what's your take on the quote (love this by the way)?
Hey Ced:-) - good to see ya this mornin'. This particular quote "found" me because I am personally stepping into a greatness that I've never experienced before and need to learn to accept The Creator's abundance as it pours down on me;-).
Too many people live to the extent of their means. Now lets say a family brings in 25K a year, and they spend every dime of that. Well, thats justifiable, they needed to do that to survive.
But what about the family that brings in 100K a year, and they spend every penny of that, then complain that they are broke? I know people like this, and makes me think that people max themselves out to whatever level they can.
Thing is, however much you do, or don't have, broke is broke. If you do not have money set aside for a rainy day emergency, what good is your prosperity? It's superficial and valueless, waiting to be liquidated at the first sign of trouble.
I view the US government like that.
Yeah, I know folks who don't have to struggle so much. Saving is a foreign, heck a bad word to them.
Regardless of how much money I ever had, I always found a way to save a lil something. I may not have all the goods most folks expect. I am content. I don't need designer this or that. Heck, I don't even have cable. Some may say I am frugal with things. LOL. I buy what I can. I have simple tastes.
I do dream of a rich life, well a comfortable one where I can enjoy real nice things, have investments and not worry about my finances.
You know what i think about....that scripture that says, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."
Also, i believe that our rich society has turned a deaf ear and blind eye to the world's needs, and therefore the world is suffering, globally, environmentally, and spiritually.
WOW... that water's too deep and I can't swim. (Ima have to come back on that one)
maybe, i'm seeing things thru rose colored glasses (& i don't know why - cuz this year has been the best AND worst for me in many ways...) - but, wow - u all have gotten politically deep on me looking at the sad realities of this shallow U.S. society & war riddled, poverty pocked world we live in.
YET & Still I'm feeling this is the GREATEST time to be ALIVE! I get this feeling that like the "Jeffersons" I'm 'bout to be MOVING on UPPP! Please pray for me, as I pray I can maintain the balance I've worked so hard to reach;-).
Thanks for coming thru for Wed. Wisdoms - hope my "group" response doesn't offend.
stopping by to say hello :)
we are truly blessed and i need to make sure i thank GOD way more than I have been doing lately.
Keep up the posting my dear. I love it.
Glad I could come through, lady, and I love the sweeping positivity that is running rampant through your words these days. It feels good and inspires me to reach for mine. I've needed inspiration...and thank God for it.
Nothing wrong with a rose tinted view. Crafting perspective is like insuring health.. wellness.
This is a good, GOOD time to be alive. When wasn't though.. right? ^^
Jefferson's. Lol. Call me crazy but I always identified more with Marla Gibbs' character.
I will think good thoughts, for sure.
Thanks again to all of you for coming thru and taking the time to leave comments on this weekly Wed. Wisdoms theme.
Stay tuned: NEXT week - I'm thinking up a way to get folx MORE involved;-)...and I hope U'll LIKE it...even more!
Post a Comment