I hope you can really appreciate the photo I took from my bedroom of the most recent full moon. It was absolutely gorgeous and the clouds were flirting around it marvelously. Then my "troubles" began...
And a very dear friend gave me a call after reading my past few blogs and said, "Look here! This is UNBECOMING of U, get it together!" Okay, he really didn't use those words, but he did gently let me know that "self-pity" was not attractive 'on me'. I am thankful that I have friends like that.
Then another friend and I joked that what I really need is a Brother who can "read" me and "cure" what really ails me when stress starts to get to me;-). Hee hee! Seriously, I don't think I want very much from one man, but my friend assures me that a very special man is being prepared for me by God - because only a unique man will be able to fully appreciate all of me; as well as be appreciated by me. Wow - and here I thought I was just a simple teacher who is now pushing myself to be a writer.
So, for fun I thought I'd put it out there! Below, I will give you an idea of the man that God is preparing for me. If you know where he is and he's having trouble finding his way through these tricky NY streets - help a Brother find his way home to these open arms;-).
CAP's Matching Set (we all have baggage, we just need to be paired with a matching set;-):
*Believes in a Higher Power
*Acknowledges our ancestors & understands all that was endured for what we enjoy today
*Cooperative - not competitive - with me
*5'9" or taller...i like to wear heels sometimes
*Loves to READ a variety of materials
*Enjoys real conversation
*Enjoys silence sometimes, too
*Likes to travel
*Loves to laugh out loud
*Is artistic & creative
*Comfortable with himself
*Comfortable with the many faces of me;-)
*Health is important to him - mental, physical AND emotional
*Freedom is important to him - therefore, his income is legally obtained
*added bonus if he speaks several languages;-)
*Chocolate, caramel or mocha latte skin tone (bonus if he tastes like that, too;-)
*Looks like any of the following (individually or a nice blend;-): Bernie Casey, Idris, Calvin Lockhart, Luda, Lennie James, Maxwell, Chris Brown, Common, Barack Obama, Savion Glover, The Brother who played "Bill" on the Lowe's commercial;-), John Coltrane, my exes (they were all cuties - just not my matching sets;-), Lenny Kravitz, Farrakhan, Langston Hughes, Will Smith, Denzel, Michael Jai White, LL Cool J, Capone (comedian), Mos Def, and you know there are really too many beautiful Black men for me to list here...but that was just to give you an idea of what MY eyes find Delightful;-)...
That's not too much to pray for IS it? As I'm told: With God ALL things are possible. So, I've put it into the Universe AND the Blog-o-sphere. I'll continue to hold on and trust that God is prepping this Brother/Soul Mate/Matching Set for me. And ya know I'll keep ya posted when he gets home safely;-).
Thanks again for ALL the support and love that U offer here in Blog-Land. Maaannnn, I'm glad to be back to the ME I like to BE - upbeat and balanced:-). Have a great weekend!
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Blame & Praise the Moon:-)
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 8/11/2007
Labels: advice, aphrodisiac, at peace, Black men, blessings, get it write, love, self awareness, self discovery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 Comments:
OMG! I am freaking out.
:)
Sis, we must be on the same vibe, because i was thinking on a post much the same...so i'll say my peace...i like you have a man in mind and oh my, how i wish and pray for him, but then again i know that i have prayed for the right one and that my father will deliver him at the right time and place...until that time comes, well i've got my fantasies...and you know what they are becoming more real everyday....lol! Soon luv, soon for the both of us!
Hey...my God says ask for what you want! What you want is what you want. Now the trick is patience, faith and good decision making.
"a very special man is being prepared for me by God - because only a unique man will be able to fully appreciate all of me; as well as be appreciated by me." i love that! :P i think that He must be preparing one for me too...and Lord knows it could awhile...it'll take someone extremely special to be with me! :D
glad you're back and that your friends lifted you up cap!
Great post and comments. I got little relaks from my very hard last days. Thanks!
And thank you so much for your visit and for your kind, friendly support words.. It is very hard time for me and for my son and his beloveds. Today, my lovely grandson Kevin starts to get chemotherapy. It was very hard decision. One day can change all life. Three days before we were so happy. Now, we are full of scared and helpless.
*finally found you*..
anywhoo.. glad to see that you are back to your "old self" and be patient.. we all can't find our matching set when we want them.. you know when u pull one off the belt thinking its yours and then you throw it back cause it didn't have that marking you made :)
when you see that marking you'll KNOW
peace and blessing to ya! with a side of laughter!
Krystyna, you're in my prayers.
Cap, I'm glad you're back...and that's a loooooooooooong list! LOL! Hey, there's something to be said for knowing EXACTLY what you want!
Hi Cap..we are glad that you are back..Like you said, he is being prepared for you, so don't fret...but question, would you accept all of this from one man if he was 5'3 and not that cute?
Personally, I am tired of making lists and making declarations. I look at some many of us women yearnin g and seeking a mate and many are fruitless. It is tiring to watch so many woman go through this. It just makes me question all of it.
wow...what a post lady. We've all been here, I think I've done and redone my list a hundred times, but the most important thing is my "prep-me" list...in this list I don't tell the Lord what I want in a man, but I ask Him to prep-me to receive WHATEVER He sends, beings as though, He's ONLY going to give good to His children and since He knows what I need and even want far better then me, there's no point in laying out that list, but get me ready to recieve.
That list seems quite long but no one should ever have to settle, right? I'll pray that you find what you're looking for :)
Five tips for a woman....
1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.
2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.
3. It is important to find a man you can count on and doesn't lie to You.
4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.
5. It is important that these four men don't know each other.
...I kid...I kid..
That pic is truly beautiful, like you.
:)
Cap - You don't need a Dam Man for this. All you need a strong reading habit and a few mentors. Spiritual, Mental, Financial, Physical, Personal and Career. If you read books and have mentors in all those area, then you can only get off course for a short period of time.
Now what I would do as a man is grab your hair, spank you and tell you to get yourself together. After you put your big girl panties on as you walk out the door I would give you a love tap and tell Daddy's girl can do it. :D
lol @ I kid, I kid!!!!
XP, I was reading the list like is this too good to be true. LOL. 4 mens, that sounds good to a point. LOL.
Cap: Let me add to my comment. I wish all women did have to deal with this relationship dilemma going around. It saddens me to read or hear women state their cases about not having meaningful relationships.
i love the moon and the picture. chk out my new book cover
http://rawdawgb.blogspot.com/2007/01/my-new-book-cover.html
Great post!!!
That picture of the moon is very nice. Glad you saw it and decided to capture it. Sometimes we let those little (yet huge for whatever reason) moments pass us. Anyway, I jst wanted to stop by your spaot and say hello. Been missing you a little! Hope all is well.
Hey Cap! That is a gorgeous picture! I hope you are feeling better. ; )
thanx to everyone for taking the time to comment:-)
it was funny to me to read the reactions to my listed description of my "matching set".
Post a Comment