Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Conundrum - thanx 2 SistahKnewDay:-)

After reading the responses to Sistah KnewDay's question about needing "me" time in relationships, I was especially struck by GC's comment that she doesn't get why people need time alone.

This was buzzing around in my head along with my post from yesterday and I realize that I am a conundrum (one of my favorite words:-). I LOVE being around people and even being the center of attention. When I did an image search for crowds this chosen one reminded me of my high school and college days. I would've scanned and posted one - but that would've taken too long;-). I was a social butterfly in every sense of the word.

Now, I also ADORE time alone without the demands of others. I love not having to explain myself or answer to anyone else's needs or wants. My family and best friends know this about me and love me in spite of my need to go underground from time to time. I know that I will have a mate who 'gets' that I'm multi-faceted: loner, affectionate, social butter-fly, etc. In many ways I'm like a cat: I love being loved and in your company when I want to be then when I've had enough, I'll flick my tail and take it elsewhere. ;-).

So, my question: What makes U a conundrum? I think we all are to some degree;-)
*click on image for source.

11 Comments:

Lucy Dee said...

I'm a oxymoron, wrapped in a befuddling, bafflement of a paradox!

- I love good conversation, but I hate the phone.
- I love animals, but I haven't met one I wasn't allergic to.
- Love to laugh, but it's getting harder to find things that make me keel over in body-paralyzing, sidesplitting laughter.

So I guess that's why I became a comedienne! I seem to have to make myself laugh now!

Suldog said...

I guess my conundrum is somewhat similar to yours.

I was an only child, so I am very much at peace with being by myself. I'm very self-entertaining - love to read, play the bass or guitar, whatever. I find that I really NEED that alone time every once in a while as an adult.

However, I have been a performing musician and I am now a voice-over professional - read commercials and such. So, I have a need to be the center of attention, too.

Shai said...

-I love men, just don't like the differences sometimes.

-I love being a parent, yet, I don't want another child.

-I want a committed relationship, I don't want to be married anytime soon.

-I am a loner and can be a social butterfly when I want to.

-I can be very quiet and other times I can talk my azz off.

Unknown said...

I'm dark as a moonless night, but I'm secretly a White man! SSSSSSHHH--tell NO ONE!

CapCity said...

Lucy - welcome! ...love your first line & i now laugh at my own jokes, too!

Suldog - that's cool to know about ya! when r u performing in nyc? have we heard u nationally?

Shai - i hear ya, Girl!

Ced - uh...do we need to talk??? u aight?

Mizrepresent said...

I want a relationship, but afraid of committment.

I want intimacy, but don't want to feel used.

I want a friend, but afraid i may fall for him.

I want to be agressive, but fear bein a buggaboo!

I want success, but fear the responsibility or backlash.

I want to be free, but afraid of where that may lead me.

Shai said...

Miz, I am a lil surprised. Your confidence shines so bright.

I can totally relate to your comments.

Anonymous said...

hii there i got here through lisa's blog and i absolutely love the feel and design of ur blog!
humm i was never a crowd girl... actually i was most of all pretty shy back in those days!! i am one of those girl that think thank god high school is over!! on the other hand i hv some good friends that come from there that i will always cherish!! :)

CapCity said...

Miz, Sis - u know I feel ya! Keep talking to yourself though - don't let your fears & the naysayers block your blessings. You ARE a child of the UNIVERSE and u deserve ALL that our Creator has in store.

Shai - as humans we're all susceptible no matter how confident we ARE - the voices whisper negativity to us all - it's a life long battle.

Confessing7 - welcome to my corner of the blog-o-sphere! Of course, I've "seen" u around. very nice of you to come by and I'm so glad u like my humble e-abode;-). as far as being a crowd girl - lol! my parents say that was my 'demise' - i wasn't part of the A-list crew - but I enjoyed an ACTIVE social life! great memories & now rediscovering some friends from back then in my newest-nyc life travels.

Unknown said...

I have multiple phone lines, but I hate to talk on the phone.

I read just about anything for pleasure, but I hate assigned reading.

I'll give the literal shirt off my back to a homeless person IF he/she doesn't ask for it.

I need help, huh?

CapCity said...

Brother Ced - I'm with u on the assigned reading...wonder what that's about? Since I'm no longer in school I read like a starved person. LOL!
But, then again the few graduate courses I chose to take had pretty interesting reading...hmmmm.

blogger templates | Make Money Online