I was talking to my best friend/Dad about how being alone is often like voluntary solitary confinement. Then it dawned on me that the minority who benefit from this crazy society wants that "solitary confinement" reaction to alone-ness. Solitary confinement's isolation is used in prisons to break the spirits of inmates.
Go with me for a moment. Singleness is viewed as some type of problem. Really pay attention to how the media and society treats being alone. It's more expensive to travel alone, there are no tax breaks for singles, all sitcoms make eating out alone look "ridiculous", you get the picture. My favorite is the boldness of the question: "Why are you single?" I often look at the people who ask (and too many couples that I know) and I want to reply, "Why aren't YOU?"
There is a minority who are the controlling class who benefit from this fear of being alone. Divorce court: need I say more? Okay, that wasn't enough? How about: stalking, cheating, pimping, whoring, substance & food abuse? How do those "ailments" benefit the controlling minority? Do you realize how much money is generated because of that list? Can you imagine how many attorneys, law enforcement agencies and doctors benefit from those conditions? In addition to the money, while the masses are spending so much time trying not to be alone they are not spending that time improving themselves, so the controlling minority is "safe" from losing their status. I know that was somewhat generalized for the sake of keeping it condensed, but a majority of our social issues are emotionally based; ask any psychologist:-).
If you really look at it, there's POWER in being alone. Leaders are alone. Sure, they have assistants and supporters, but ultimately there is one at the top. One of my favorite print ads showed a guy with his feet up on his large desk, overlooking a breath-taking view with the caption: "Aaaaah, it's lonely at the top." I don't recall what was being 'sold', but I love the advertisement.
I am comfortable being alone as I continue to trust that The Creator is working on my perfect for me matching set of luggage Soul-mate. But, God's got His hands full. So, just in case He can't fill my "order" anytime soon I'm more determined than ever to live the best life possible. I am not in solitary confinement in my aloneness. My spirit may have staggered, but it will never be broken. I am in solitude and in training for the best life that The Creator has in store for me. I may be in a dormant, singular period now, but like a solo bear coming out of the cave after a long, deep hibernation, I plan to come out of my solitary existence stronger than ever and raring to go! Lean and keen, baby!!! Watch out dere now!
*click image for source - a brave blogger took that beautiful photo!
Friday, August 31, 2007
Dormant & solo now, but Look OUT!
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 8/31/2007
Labels: physical self, renewal, self awareness, self love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

32 Comments:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww sukky sukky now! I want to throw a parade Puerto Rican-style after reading this entry! You brought a slant to the forefront that most people don't acknowledge...and you KILLED it! Great job, lady!
Couples who "survive the game" are two people who love each other AND recognize their separate needs to spend time alone and to keep strong identities. "No man is an island...," but every single person on this planet has a moment or a collection of moments in which he/she needs time for meditation, for self-examination, and/or for personal growth. Every good couple I know share an understanding that two happy whole beings make a happy relationship--and what part of that suggests that they are separately whole only when they are together? WE GOTTA WATCH FOR THE HOOK!
Good job, babe! That sexy quotient just jumped through the ROOF! You know what a brainy woman does to me!
Thanx, Ced! Shucks, I'm just a "small city" girl trying to survive these emotional berth-quakes by expressing herself! u got me over here *blushing*
in case u don't catch my li'l play on words;-) -
a wide berth:
Ample space or distance to avoid an unwanted consequence...
Hugz!
You and Ced need to get a room. What? I'm just saying.
Good post. Is that Diana Ross I hear in the background.....I'm coming out.
how u know we don't HAVE a room, smarty! LOL! don't hate - participate... in the mental Big O - cuz that's where it matters most anyway, Bro Rich!
Yea, u could say: I'm singing Diana's tune....AGAIN! LOL!
I say the key to joy is finding happiness and fulfillment where ever you are in life (as long as you're not waking up in a daze with you draws around your ankles in a crack house LOL!). The issue is not the condition, it's how you handle it.
Jesus was single.
The apostle Paul wrote: "But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. For I would that all men were even as I myself (single). But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, an another after that. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I (single). But if they cannot contin, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn."
It's about where our focus is. Too often we depend on fallible humans to supply our happiness. And when they fail our world is thrown into a tizzy.
Single or not single, your joy must be based on and fulfilled in something higher than yourself and certainly, higher than another person. That ability will nourish any healthy relationship a person gets into and comfort the one that demures.
Always the thought provoker Sis.
Preach, Sis Cap...PREACH!!!
Single doesn't mean lonely. I LOVE being single. I've only found one person in my life who could love me (romantically) with all my fabulosity (hey, I've already said I'm vain lol)the way I need to be loved and that person was...ME!!
Until HE brings me someone who knows how to handle ALLLL of this awesome goodness, I'm just fine doing me (metaphorically & literally hehehe).
LOL @ Mega Rich's comment while just as quickly applauding you for yours :-)
Girl...as long as you're happy then do the daggone thang.
Hope you have a safe and happy holiday weekend.
While I've participated in covert missions that required teamwork, I know first hand how a lone wolf protects National security
I dunno if I could have said it better, but I am roaring to go.
That was lovely, cap !
thanks cap...i needed this today...the quietness of the solitude since beautifulbabydaughter moved out has been getting to me the last few days...i soooooo needed a different perspective on being single and alone...love ya girl! :P
Bravo Cap! Wonderful post and you know i hear ya! It's funny cuz today i was listening to this Jayzee song, something like he was sitting on top of the world...and i'm thinking, it's time i set up my throne...you know what i mean...i got time, lots of time right now!
Sojourner - Glad i could "provoke" ya;-). I had to write this for ME b'cuz i DO teeter back & forth w/ these HUMAN needs & i needed a new lens/filter to see this period of my life!
p.s. excuse my ignorance, Bro G - but can u tell me what u meant by that last sentence? I've seen demure used that way, but can't find a definition that fits that usage. Thanx;-)
;-) Sistah Kiki - i swear, girl your energy is intoxicatingly infectious! LOL! I love being single a great deal, too - but as I told Bro G....I need to redefine this so that I can become more comfortable with it! Especially, since i don't have children (yet) to provide a measure of comfort, either.
This post is more an affirmation for me to chant than a sermon. LOL!
Ms Behaving - I'm trying, girl, I'm trying! U have a safe weekend, too! I DON'T plan to spend ALL of this one in solitude;-). lol!
WELCOME to my world, OE! Or should I say: thanx for coming out of stealth mode? LOL!
yea, i can imagine that being undercover is quite the solitary occupation. thanx for keeping us secure!
thanx, Jac:-) - glad to know that I could express something on your behalf;-)
Thanx for the luv, Li$a - i need it! As I've stated to a couple others, I needed a new perspective, too. I was tired of the voice in my head that's talking "smack": telling me that I'll be single forever. This post is my nice way of telling that voice: Shut da Hale UP! LOL!
Miz!! Girl, YES! it is OUR time to be Sitting On TOP!!!;-)
On top, eh? LAWD, HELP MY EVIL MIND! I WANNA DO WROOOOOOOOOOONG...
'CAUSE I KNOW IT'LL FEEL RIGHT!
Rich, don't take off your belt! I am NOT trying to get a beating from a DADDY! You have too much practice! LOL!
Man, ya'll grown folks. I just like funnin'. As much as y'all flirt, that might make for the makings of a good start because the two of you seem to be friends first. It's definitely all good.
Rich's belt ain't the one that need to come off for me! He got a wife;-).
You two just keep me smiling Ced & Rich!!!! Good to know that someone's lookin' out!
p.s. Ced, I think Rich is TRYING to start sometin'...U & i know where/how we "stand". LOL!
i know you've moved on by now, and i should have come back sooner, but by demure, i meant someone that maintains their "singleness" in a modestly shy but provocative way. in other words, the shingle is out, but it's not on blast broadcast. Make sense?
thanx, Brother G. I tend to check back through if it's still on the "front" page;-). i thought that is what u meant - but i like to be sure:-).
This was so true. It's hard for some folks to come to grips with being alone. Hell it's hard for folks to come to grips with committing to one person.
You know, now that I think of it, folks can be complicated and aggravatingly dense.
Feel u on training for the best life. Great post CC.
thanx, Sistah Lee;-)
Capcityyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
u a fan of Keshi too?
U look lovely
please change your profile pic
it dont do u justice
AWWWW GREAT POST:P
Jim - yea, i'm a Keshi-Fan. thanx for the compliment, but i like my profile photo thank ya very much! but yr 2 cent will go into the suggestion box. ;-)
Kaylee - good to see u;-) Thanx!
this is an awesoem post..TY Cap!!
being Single has now become a quite necessary part of me..lol! SO Im ok sweetz. ty for the concern! HUGGGGGGGZ!
Keshi.
thanx, Keshi! delighted that u're fine! Bear-Hug back to ya!;-)
Post a Comment