Wednesday, August 22, 2007

REAL Wise move! Gotta share this TODAY!

MIT is offering FREE courses ONLINE!! Thanx to KellyPea's comment over on Dave's site I learned about this amazing opportunity and I'm sharing it with all who venture here!
Please check it out and take advantage! Oh, it's only for personal enrichment - but that in & of itself is great to me:-). http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html

*click on image for source.

11 Comments:

Shai said...

Thanks Cap. I checked out some of the class outlines. Interesting.

Unknown said...

Thanks, sweet! In light of an unexpected hitch in my plan to be a full-time student right now, I can use this as a strong review source! I can't see anything bad about adding to my classical education. After all, it will still count as a continuing education on a resume when crafted properly!

Dave J. said...

Cap,
I was checking this out too. Kelly may have brought it up, but you did the leg work of supplying the link. Looks really sweet! I'm blessed to be able to count you two among my friends :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention. It's pretty amazing how much information is out there, isn't it?

I happened onto the MIT OCW website while doing research for a project I'm working on. My initial search led me from Open Source Ware in Public Education to Open Course Ware. Sifting through all the hits was very interesting.

I especially love the case studies they've included to show how others have used the information to add to their own knowledge base.

It's terrific. I love the concept of knowledge being available for all.

Shelia said...

I agree. I wasn't considering a class right now, but who knows, it might be worth it.

CapCity said...

Shai - my pleasure. always like sharing positive news & info.!

Ced - u always were crafty;-). one thing's for sure - once u grasp the concepts they can't take that from ya!

Dave - that's what teams do! one provides the info. & the other "googles" it;-)

KellyP - welcome to my corner of the blog-world. yes, there's so much info. on this internet that it takes this kind of sharing to determine "shyt from shinola":-). am always willing to spread GOOD 'rumors' & info.

Shelia - welcome to u, too! that's the beauty of MIT's free offerings - no demands! check into it as little or as much as u like!

DurtyMo said...

Cap I had to look you up! Thanks so much for the luv!

jac said...

Thanks cap !

Keshi said...

now thats a real marvel!

I also read that some US Unis r testing a new scheme of courses offered on iPods..so u dun need to go to lectures. Im not sure what the outcome of such courses wud be tho...cos I always prefered the teacher-student interaction in a classroom.

Keshi.

confessing7girl said...

too much knowledge doesnt exist!! so im suree taking some time to view those courses thanks for the tip!! :D

CapCity said...

Durtymo - anytime, Gurl, anytime!

Jac - Yr welcome:-)

Keshi - as a teacher, i also prefer human interaction...but the chance to get at MIT course information for free is priceless!:-)

confessing - glad u can use this info.!

blogger templates | Make Money Online