Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday Wisdoms

Welcome Back for Wednesday Wisdom vol. 15

After surviving a 'funky' period, which may have been caused by atmospheric pressure - considering this crazy weather and the fact that I learned that several BlogFamily members went into a funk at about the same time:-). Not that I'm shirking my responsibility to pulling myself out of such emotional bogs;-). I feel GREAT, now and have gotten hyped by some of the dialogue that I've read here in the Blog-o-sphere! So, I dug through some of my motivational writings to share this with you:

"To deny that we are gifted is perhaps to indulge in false humility, which allows us to shirk our responsibility to The Gift."
~ Deena Metzger - author of Writing for Your Life
Feel Free to share your thoughts on today's selection!

*click on image for source

13 Comments:

Rich Fitzgerald said...

To whom much is given, much is required. It is a slap in the face of God almighty to deny that which he has given. You have been fearfully and wonderfully made and you just think you are OK.

On the humility tip, a lot of that is just religious posturing. Some people think they are more holy when they act in that manner.

aside -- where the heck did you get that picture?

CapCity said...

hey Rich - isn't that photo hilarious? i googled wolf in sheep's clothing and it was the best i found!

This is such an amazing "new" concept for me that I want to shout it from the roof-tops. I keep looking at all of my "religious" friends & family wondering why wasn't I taught THIS aspect of The Word before & how come they're not getting it? I'm so frustrated that I was 'fed' the mis-educated interpretation of The Bible. Well, better late than never;-)

Organized Noise said...

Simple enough. If you act like you don't have talent, you won't be expected to do much. Not fair, but it is what it is.

KIKI said...

My take...we were all created in His image, we all were given a Gift, and whatever that gift may be, we have a responsibility to embrace it & share it.

BK said...

embrace your gifts.. :) we all have different ones and what is bestowed upon you is not necessarily bestowed upon me..

some folks just don't get it..


enjoy your gifts.. I'm enjoying mine ;)

Fergie said...

Intresting quote..however it is an everyday challenge to walk boldly in the light of your gift. But you gotta do it, as if you don't use it you just may loose it..

CapCity said...

Hey O.N., Kiki & Bk's Finest! Thanx for coming thru and sharing your insights!

Welcome Fergie! glad u found this interesting.

U know I agree with u all - but as Sistah Fergie says that "simple" concept is a challenging walk! And I don't know WHY? but, i keep doing what i can each hour of each day:-)

Unknown said...

My brain feels somewhat half-dead more often now, but the reason for the mental fatigue is becoming good: I am using my gift of writing more and (prayerfully) am getting better at saying what I feel and describing what I see more concisely. Everyone here posted great thoughts, but I feel the power of Fergie's words--I am afraid NOT TO flex my mental muscles for fear that I'll lose the capacity to use the gift. My prayer is that I keep my clarity for a lifetime...and into the next life!

Lisa Johnson said...

That picture of the wolf in sheep's clothing is creeping me out!

It is easier to not reach for the stars and do our best, but in the end we won't be as happy settling with achieving less. It takes a lot of time and effort to really try to attain our dreams.

lisa q. said...

crazy picture, great quote! easier not to push our selves sometimes, but less fulfilling...

so glad you're back and feeling great cap! :P

CapCity said...

Hey Ced - sometimes i find my brain is fatigued when i'm not sticking to my physical work out! crazy to me how one requires the other. lol!

Hey Anali! didn't mean to creep ya out - i thought the photo was hilarious. funny how "easier" is less satisfying, isn't it?

Li$a!, Wha's up? glad u like the quote, too. AND GURL, I'm also delighted to be back to balanced!

Suldog said...

God wants us to be perfect. We will always fall short of perfection, and that's why we need a savior, but He still expects us to strive for that goal. So, always do the best you can with what you've been given and never apologize for your gifts.

(You can be truly humble, in that you realize that God has gifted you and you didn't do it yourself, but don't make the gift itself less in other's eyes.)

My two cents.

CapCity said...

Thanx, SulDog for offering that two cent - every bit helps;-). I agree it is humbling to know that I have been chosen & gifted as I have been.

blogger templates | Make Money Online