Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wednesday Wisdoms & Wonders:-)


Welcome Back for Wednesday Wisdom vol. 14
I'm in need of real, every day wisdoms, wonders and good news! To that end...


First, give us your take on the wisdom U dig in the selection:


"The Deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain."
~ Kahlil Gibran (from The Prophet)



Now, Share with us a recent blessing you have experienced!

7 Comments:

Suldog said...

Gibran was brilliant. Every time I re-read The Prophet I learn something new and useful for my psyche.

As for a recent blessing, I have been allowed by God to play ball into my 50th year. Good friends, fresh air, exercise, clean competition - it's all good. Really, I have so many blessings in my life that choosing only one to talk about seems ungrateful to The Creator.

KIKI said...

Wow...too deep for my tired mind to process right now...be back after some sleep...

Missed ya Sis...

Smooches...and nite-nite(lol).

Rich Fitzgerald said...

This reminds me of the scripture that says God will exchange your ashes (in life) for beauty.

Good one. Made me think for a minute, then it kicked in.

lisa q. said...

i'm with kiki today...my brain is toooo tired to go that deep! :P

my recent blessing: beautifulbabydaughter is moving out and i'm going to be an empty nester...i've been very distraught over this, but i'm finally realizing i'll be okay! :)

Unknown said...

Man! Rich, we're in the same vein--I was thinking of the same verse.

My most notable recent blessing is my deliverance from road rage! Do I need to testify?

Ticia said...

Great post!!!!

CapCity said...

SulDog - thanx for coming thru! I am new to Gibran & so Delighted to "find" him! I understand your point about choosing only one blessing in a sea of many - but thanx for humoring me, anyway. I just get so tired of the media blitz of "bad" news that I added this request for real-life blessings. The Creator knows that u are far from ungrateful!

Kiki - thanx for the luv & smooches, Sis! U know I'm always glad to see ya, so hurry back now...after u''ve gotten some rest:-)

Rich - always glad I can be part of what makes a brother like U pause...

Li$a - lol! what u doin' so tired? u betta leave them young boys to me! ;-)... congrats on the empty nest...it may take a minute but you'll get used to it I'm sure!

Brother CED!!! Road Rage? U? So, that's where all your pressure goes, huh? the rest of us see your cool, calm, collected demeanor - THANK Gawd! LOL! Breathe, Bruh, Breathe! ;-)

Ticia - thanx for coming thru! Glad u liked this week's selection:-)

Hugz to all of U (who left comments & those who like to simply peruse on the DL;-)!

blogger templates | Make Money Online