Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rest In Peace

Memorial Weekend 2007: May all my hang-ups Rest In Peace.

Thanks to those who served in all the wars that lead to my freedoms.
Thanks to those who came before me and fought for their lives simply for the freedom to live allowing me to burst forth and live freely as I do.

Thanks to the painful and often brutal experiences of my parents and my ancestors I'm pock filled with insecurities, fears, and anxieties. Not to mention a host of mental and physical quirks and idiosyncrasies.

Thanks to the passion, intensity and audacity of my parents and my ancestors to love in spite of their "ignorance and inability" I'm overladen with this..."senseless" faith in...a Higher power and in all that is living. Not to mention a host of endearing qualities and handsome genes.

So, I'd like to take this opportunity to lay My Issues To Rest.

All the BULL shit that cuts us deeply without laying one finger on us...Rest In Peace.

All the childhood taunts, the grown-up injustices and -isms, the social inequities that cause conflicts within ourselves...
may you all
REST.
IN.
PEACE.

20 Comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

wow! this was a great post. thank you :)

Dave J. said...

Amen to that. May all the -'isms R.I.P.

Anonymous said...

If only my friend, if only. We fail to realize how much room baggage takes up in all of our lives. The more we can put down or put behind us, the more room we'll have for new positive experience.

I like how you said what you said.

CapCity said...

thanx for coming thru, Tanyetta! Glad u liked it!

CapCity said...

Yea, Dave - time to put many things behind us...i can only hope that my prayers and my actions help make this world a better place...

CapCity said...

yea, Bro G, i'm learning to get rid of baggage literally & figuratively in my life. thanx for the compliment.

Jasmineflower said...

Hi i am new to your blog, looking fwd coming back. Great post

lisa q. said...

fabulous post! beautifully written! incredible idea! i'll think i'll do the same.

CapCity said...

C'mon back anytime, J.flower! I'll leave a light on for ya! :-)

CapCity said...

Thanx Lisa! Glad I could inspire u. Sis, the feeling is mutual - your blogs inspire as well!

Shai said...

Great post.

JustMeWriting said...

YES CAP...I know that's right...we've got to lay those troubles down... it's a conscious decision we make to be happy "and it all begins when we lay our troubles down" (commissioned..in my head)...that was wonderful lady, so now what?

Mizrepresent said...

Hear, Hear! Cap! We got to make room for some blessings!

the prisoner's wife said...

peace,

laying dead issues to rest is good. it means you can now move on & grow into the person you were created to be.

many blessngs & thanks for stopping by my blog!

bless

nikki said...

this entry was extremely powerful. it makes me wanna lay my burdens down, too.

plez... said...

thank you, CAP, i've come here to lay my burdens down! thanks for the lovely post... i feel lighter already! *smile*

Unknown said...

I am following your example...slowly but surely.

Dezel Quillen said...

Hello Friend,

Very nice offerings written by the pen of your heart! Well put – Have yourself a wonderful week :)

Happy Sipping!

Dezel

CapCity said...

Shai - thanx - always glad to see ya:-)

JMW - GIRL, I'm just holdin' onto my wig - cuz i have no idea where this ride'll take me once i lose all the weight of "luggage". LOL!

Yep, Miz I'm trying to make room! Thought i'd start w/ my heart - then i deal with this real house i live in. LOL!

PW - i'm trying to clear up so the real me can grow - thanks for coming thru:-)

Plez - glad I could help lighten your "load":-)

Ced - you're startin' earlier than i did - be patient - u gonna be fine(r), Daddy2B;-)

CapCity said...

Hi Dezel!
Glad u came by - next time i'll pop a bottle of my finest for u:-)

blogger templates | Make Money Online