Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sluggish...WHY?

One minute I'm floating along lovely. The next thing I know I barely have the energy to make it to the kitchen. What is this all about? As a woman we can always point to hormone cycles. But what about men who get sluggish.

I try to watch what I eat, exercise regularly, and still...this sluggish beast shows up from time to time. Any ideas? Suggestions?

12 Comments:

Unknown said...

The body has a great way of reminding us to take it easy when necessary. I've learned to go with the flow. We're in the second chapter of our lives. It's par for the course.

Smile, and enjoy it.

Mizrepresent said...

I agree with Ced...your body is telling you to take it easy...and if you don't it will shut down and make you take a break...listen to it, and relax.

Shai said...

I agree with Ced and Miz. We can do all the right things, the body still needs a sabbatical. Not just 8 hours sleep but a nice respite from stuff.

Dangerfield said...

Hello Cap I cant really think of anything other than to ask if you take vitamins and maybe you stopped for a few days.

Anyway bronze trinity has created an Afrosphere forum for us to share ideas on. Anyway here is the link and have a great weekend. http://afrospear.jconserv.net/index.php

Oh by the way I holds with what has been said already.

Sheletha said...

I take vitamin b6 & b12...it takes away the sluggishness to get the work done...

CapCity said...

Thanx! Mark & Sheletha, I forgot that I have run out of vitamins & need to restock. Just when I think - these vitamins are a waste of time & money I get a sluggish reminder. I need to keep better track of my energy flow based on vitamin intake:-). Ced, Miz, & Shai - u r right about the rest. Sometimes I don't think I'm doing much, but my body & spirit feel otherwise.

JustMeWriting said...

you know what Cap, I'd seriously say read a passage of the Bible (I love the blind, flip though method for stuff like this...I like to let Him pick the word) I have to sound like a broken record with the constant Bibilical references to everything, but I'm so conscious that "we wrestle not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities" (Ephesians 6...the whole chapter is a must read).
The enemy will do just about anything to halt our progress ,so I leave nothing unprotected...not even my energy. I've felt this way so many times and had to FORCE myself to read a passage, put on my favorite gospel cd and drink LOTS of water...and things began to change...you know something happens when you start praising the Lord..

CapCity said...

Thank U, JMW for that reminder...sometimes I think I'm doing what I'm supposed to - but I'm still missing the mark. Those scripture references are great guides. THANX!

CapCity said...

I think I also need a shot of Family. Looking forward to my trip to DC for the week! So, if u don't hear any noise - i'm chillin' w/my family!

dc_speaks said...

hmmmm..my body shuts down when I just don't get enough rest.

ALso I forget to replenish the nutrients and vitamins...gatorade helps when I gotta get something in me

dcsavvystar said...

sometimes you need serious, serious rest. i think that is what you may be experiencing - your body saying I NEED REST! lol it will definitely catch up with you in the end if you don't slow down.

Lisa Johnson said...

Granola with fruit and yogurt are pretty good. I think they keep my blood sugar on a pretty even keel, because mine dips every once in a while and I get kind of grouchy.

And I agree with everyone about getting rest. That's probably even more important.

blogger templates | Make Money Online