Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wednesday Wisdoms

Welcome Back for Wednesday Wisdoms vol. 3

I know you'll forgive this late-in-the-day post. This is my first taste of blogging while traveling & visiting family:-). I desperately needed this boost of "home" - there really IS no place like it! After several conversations with family I am inspired to post the following quote for you to mull over.


C'mon now, look closely and see what U can dig about the following bit of wisdom:

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."
Carl Sandburg



13 Comments:

KIKI said...

I think that says it all!

Unknown said...

The world hasn't gone to pure garbage just yet if children are still entering this world. Innocence still remains because each new baby brings some into this crazy place. That's my quick take!

dc_speaks said...

well the post kind of leads me into a way of thinking that tells its own tale...so I agree with KiKi on that. I just disagree with the opinion given.

Yet, Ced.it said something that gave me a quick thought. I used to think that babies represented innocence until I had this real intense bible college instructor that hit me with the knowledge of "Adamic Seed". I learned about innocence and infants were used as the example...

No person is innocent...EVER and we can be held accountable for the sins of our fathers/mothers. The seed that fertilizes the egg is already sinful in God's eyes..according to scripture. So although it sounds cute..ummm that's about it for me.

It is a blessing to have children enter the world, but the "Rapture" will take babies too.

Mizrepresent said...

Well, first off, i love this quote. And secondly, a baby is the most innocent thing in this world, and also with every new birth, there is a new chance, a new beginning for this world.

CapCity said...

Kiki - I agree that the quote says it all & I love that the Blog-Family continues to engage & peel back the layers.

Ced & Miz - Like Desiderata states "despite the sham, drudgery & broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..." I agree the fact that there continues to be new beginnings means there is still goodness in the world. Innocence? Well...that's a whole different topic:-)

DC & Cortney - true - babies are blessings, but as u said NO ONE is innocent to the point of being safe from the ills of this world.

Lisa Johnson said...

Hmmm. I believe that with each new life there is hope, but I also think that way too many people are having children who are not ready for the responsibility.

The sad reality is that some children are just not going to get a fair shake at life, because their parents or lack thereof, cannot or will not give them what they need to reach their potential.

Unknown said...

I have to thank DC for reminding me to look at biblical truth and Cap for making me come back to Earth. MizR, they're right. The presence of new life and naivete is not the same as innocence and purity. I'm glad that this crew of intellectuals isn't afraid to correct or teach. I love it!

Mizrepresent said...

Ced, i didn't know this was a right or wrong situation or discussion, and i thought it was a discussion about what that quote means to us...and i believe babies are innocent. I will not get into a bible discussion, or dig up numerous scriptures, to counter what has been stated. I believe differently, and i respect everyone's opinion on this.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I forgot what the quote said, but here's my two cents on the discussion. We are all born into sin, but even in God's omniscience a child is innocent in the sense that if it dies before it reaches the age of understanding, that soul shall abide in heaven.

Now, don't ask me what that age is, that's God's business.

dc_speaks said...

excellent excellent comment son this quote.

I look forward to the next quote Cap.

CapCity said...

Sistah Anali - I agree that too many parents are ill equipped to be guardians. I believe that the Bible is a guide book, but most don't read it.

Ced - u know i'll always keep u're toes "stapled" to earth;-) and like Miz Rep said, these wisdoms are offered up for discussion purposes, no right & wrongs here in CAPland:-).

Rich - don't know where my mother got this number but she always told me & my siblings that SHE carried our sins for the first 12 years & after that we're on our own. LOL!

C'mon back next week, DC - I'll whip somethin' up for ya!:-)

dc_speaks said...

there are always right and wrongs.

CapCity said...

DC - we can agree to disagree. Here in my house there are no right or wrongs - only discussions. In the world there are CONSEQUENCES to all actions, but I think that's different than right & wrong (now if I had a MathMatic Mondays there would be rights & wrongs, but I won't be having those:-).

blogger templates | Make Money Online