Saturday, May 26, 2007

Passion Fire

The Creator's pilot light flames eternally deep within me.

Mis-matches have struck against me.
Some have caused sparks or brief sputtering eruptions.
Some even burst into roaring bonfires.
Few have brushed down my mountains for years on end.

My soul has third degree burns from the third degree
I get when society asks me
Repeatedly ...
"How's your love life?"


Water evaporates when it hits these flames.
Thus, the rivers of tears cannot stop the burning.
And lately ... I cannot cry for long.

Yet, peace be still ...
The Flame simmers eternally within me and
Expectation licks at these lips in anticipation of the Passion to come.

C.A. Paige©May 2007
Click here for photo credit.

14 Comments:

Unknown said...

(Whispering)What can we do to soothe those burns, lady?

Powerful piece.

CapCity said...

Thanx Ced! I'm learning that only God has the Balm;-)...

Mizrepresent said...

I agree with Ced! Very powerful and true Sis! You are the evolving butterfly!

CapCity said...

Thank ya Sistah Miz...coming from U, that means a great deal to me. I am ever humbled by this whole life-creative process!
I feel more & more like the Phoenix who rose from the ashes reborn anew!

Lisa Johnson said...

Great poem! This whole life on earth thing really is a trip isn't it? : ) That's why I always have a camera!

dc_speaks said...

very nice, Cap. I was moved when I read it.

JustMeWriting said...

DAG... that's what's up lady...amazing the things we share in this humansphere. I don't know any answer but God...he sustains us in these times. I'm so so glad He keeps you strong...and allows you to show yourself strong...keep on doing sister and I'll be praying for US..lol.

Anonymous said...

great poem.

CapCity said...

Hey Sis Anali!

Yes, Girl this Earth ride is SOMETHING else! Amusement park antics have NOTHING on this REAL ride with all its dips & turns! As Brother Langston said, "u may hear me holler & u may hear me cry...but, I be dog, sweet baby - if u gonna hear me die."

Thanks for coming thru!

CapCity said...

DC - Glad that you were moved! Wow, i'm always fascinated by what moves the "other" gender;-).

thanks for stopping by... on your way to a cook out, no doubt. lol!

CapCity said...

Yea, Sistah JMW, it's sooo wild how this blog-osphere allows our parallel lives to show themselves:-). thanx for your encouragement.

Prayer is the only thing I know how to do here lately! Talk about broken down to the BASICS. LOL! and I'm So thankful!

CapCity said...

Hi Kaylee - welcome to CAPCity:-)...are u the kaylee of
http://kayleesmylife.blogspot.com/?

thanks for your compliment!

Anonymous said...

3rd degree! Powerful. I'm so glad you have not allowed the flames to burn you down nor burn you out. Fire is also purifying and cleansing. New things inevitably take root, and nurtured, grow.

CapCity said...

thanx Bro G! As I stated to sistah Miz, above - the burning simply "fires" me UP as it does for the legendary Phoenix;-).

....U can't STOP me!

Hmmmm, i may have to write a Passion Fire2....

blogger templates | Make Money Online