Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wednesday Wisdoms - the First

Welcome to Wednesday Wisdoms!

*Inspired by fellow bloggers with "themed" days: Rich's Friday Features provide inspiration and encouragement, CortGee's ThrowBack Thursdays keeps us grooving, and DC's Potluck Fridays has the blogsters buzzing. Then, I stumbled upon Dave's Fortune Cookie post which gave me the idea for my very own theme: Wisdoms & our interpretations of them to help get us through "Hump Day".


Now then, let's look closely at this piece and see what we can dig up. What do U "see" when you read the following?


Without courage, wisdom bears no fruit.

~ Baltasar Gracian


18 Comments:

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I like that. You have to be brave enough to stand for the truth you know.

Shai said...

Courage causes you to dig deeper and plant seeds. In time, wisdom grows. This comes through adversity which takes alot of courage. Through experience, not age, does wisdom come.

Mizrepresent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
plez... said...

wisdom means nothing if you do not have the courage to share it.

where would we be today without the courage of Martin Luther King, Jr. to share his wisdom?

but courage does not always impart good wisdom: think George Bush! i wonder how much better off we'd be, if Bush did not have the courage of his convictions.

Mizrepresent said...

Courage allows you to stand and to fall. We learn from our mistakes and our triumphs, but not by never trying. BTW, i love this post, can i have a day? (lol)

CapCity said...

I love this! I don't think I could have seen these multiple perspectives of this quote.

Rich - I agree that u have to be brave to stand for the truths that u uphold.

Shai -Yes, as we are descendants of survivors we KNOW it takes courage to keep going forward.

Plez - Sharing one's wisdoms takes a special kind of courage, i'm learning. i still don't know if i'd consider bush wise or courageous - i think he's "simply" entitled & arrogant...

Miz - Lord knows I hope i've learned some wisdom from my myriad of mistakes;-)...Yea, Sis- pick a day! I'll be there:-)

JustMeWriting said...

It's like, "Speak now or forever hold your peace"...knowing is only half the battle...revealing what you know is victorious.

Dave J. said...

Without courage, wisdom bears no fruit.

Seems to me that it is saying without courage there is no wisdom.

Before we do a thing, it takes courage, but after we've done that thing, if it worked out for the better, hindsight tells us that we made a wise decision.

But not every tree bears healthy fruit, not every decision ends up being good, no matter how courageous we were.

Maybe it's saying "no pain, no gain?"

CapCity said...

JMW & Dave made me think of one of my favorite movies: GoodWill Hunting - he had a great deal of knowledge could quote facts and figure out crazy difficult math problems, but until he had the courage to use that knowledge to better his situation he was "fruitless" (& in more ways than financial fruits).

This quote also reiterates all of the prosperity principles and "secrets" that are revealing themselves to me here, lately. The Universe is opening up for me and it's such a delight. Just so that u all know I didn't find this quote - it found me:-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

So many great thoughts here...I find myself happy to hear great minds sharing so easily. I've heard my thoughts on your quote echoed through every comment (sorry, Plez...Bush is just power-hungry). What a way to return to the fold after a busy weekend and early week!

CapCity said...

Welcome back, Ced. Sounds like u had a Grrrreat wkend if that new poem u posted is any tell tale sign;-). u know it's all love!

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmmmmm...whatever do you mean? LOL! Nah, my weekend was a little wacky. This morning's hijinks just made the day go a bit nicer...

dc_speaks said...

excellent idea..I stand with you and lift you up as best I can sistah/cousin Cap.

Excellent post..keep em coming.

CapCity said...

Glad u enjoyed this DC. U know once I start something I have to keep it going:-)

Lisa Johnson said...

I missed a lot these past few days! Great idea for Wednesdays!

"Without courage, wisdom bears no fruit."

I pretty much agree with what everyone has said. If you know something, but don't have enough faith in yourself to take a stand and do something with the knowledge, then you are depriving the world of yourself.

When I'm trying to get geared up to do something and take that leap, but I'm nervous, I just look around at everything in my house. I'm looking at my desk, my computer, my cell phone, etc. Everything that exists, someone had to have the courage to take their idea public. If they didn't we wouldn't have any of the things that we take for granted.

CapCity said...

I like your concrete examples Sistah Anali! And Hey, whenEVER u have the time to come through, it's always a pleasure:-)

blogger templates | Make Money Online