Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday Wisdoms

Welcome Back for Wednesday Wisdoms vol. 5

Look closely, now and see what U dig about:

We are each other's magnitude and bond.

Gwendolyn Brooks

16 Comments:

Rich Fitzgerald said...

It is the people we surround ourselves with that play an important role in how far we can go in life. It is also those people who help us keep it altogether as we go for our GOALS.

Good one.

Anonymous said...

Great post...I love your blog:-)

jac said...

How true it is !!

dc_speaks said...

hmmmmm....I'm not quite feeling this one that much so I really can't delve into it like I want to.

I like that you find thought provoking quotes to share with us.

Keep em coming.

Mizrepresent said...

We have the capacity to elevate, encourage, enlighten and broaden each other...as we make our way. I like this, thanks for sharing.

JustMeWriting said...

Oh surely...I really beleive in being 'my brother's keeper'...where would we be alone...We need each other...and birds of a feather flock together (the bond part)...you seem to be drawn to like minded folks...for the good of the union.

Unknown said...

I overheard part of a conversation recently in which a gentleman said that "the American ideal of 'pulling yourself up by the bootstraps' is slightly skewed. Everyone needs someone to help, to finance, to be the first customer--no one is doing it all by himself."

I agree. Humanity is created to interact, to communicate, and to build our knowledge of each other and of our world. "The village" is more than a neighborhood that cares for all of its members. It is also a measure of society's concern about birth, nurture, and emotional ties.

We, humanity, are bound by more than just the idea of our humanity. We are also bound by all the culture (hi, Dave), emotion, law, decision, love, and so many other mental, social, and even fiscal
ties to one another. That is what this quote writes in my heart's book.

KIKI said...

My interprutation...we all must work collectively in order to reach a common goal!

Nice, Cap!

CapCity said...

Glad to see so many of you dug up SOMEthing from one of my FAVORITE Authors - the incomparable Mz Gwendolyn Brooks - Gawd, I loved that woman! I was excited to find this bit that was new to me, as I fancy myself familiar with her style....Thank God I lived to learn something ELSE new:-).

CapCity said...

*Rich - Hear, HEAR! I am learning that it IS indeed important who I surround myself with - doing that better now that I know who I AM:-)

*Kaylee - thanx for the compliment. come back anytime!

*Jac - This plain truth was not so obvious to me as it is now!

*DC - come back, next wk - i'm sure u'll be diggin' the next one;-)

*Sistah Miz - i thank GAWD every DAY for the new spirits He's bringing into my world - u being one:-)

*Yea, SisJMW, u're clearly one of this sistah's keepahs - u help me stay balanced, too.

*Bruh Ced - u know I'm ALWAYS delighted I can etch onto YOUR heart.

*Wah's UP, Sistah Kiki - good to see ya! Yea, in order to get anything done - we HAVE to work together!

You all LIFT me up, increasing my range of thoughts (magnify me) and keep me stable (bond me to what's good in the world:-). That's what I read when I read the words of the GREAT Gwendolyn Brooks.

I am so thankful for the energy that I attract here in the world & in this Blog-osphere! Thanx for coming thru & leaving your 'foot prints' in my li'l sand-box;-)

jac said...

We haven't finished.LOL

We will step in here everytime you post ? Is that a deal ?
:)

CapCity said...

that works for me, jac! lol!

KIKI said...

Your sand-box is a COOOOL place to be, with COOOOL people to meet...the fact that I always leave feeling uplifed makes it hard not to come back.

Yeah, I think I'll stay & play for a while, Sistah Cap!LOL

CapCity said...

Aaawwwww, shucks Sistah Kiki - u such a sweetie! thanx:-)

Anonymous said...

G.B. wrote the stuff of dreamers world wide. may she rest in peace. great post!

CapCity said...

thanks for coming thru my spot, SweetD:-). Welcome! & glad u liked the chosen author.

blogger templates | Make Money Online