Welcome Back for Wednesday Wisdom, vol. 18
Come in, set a spell and give us your take on the wisdom U dig in the selection:
In light of yesterday's post, this is my goal and prayer. The ability to forgive and move on is an extraordinary feeling! Living Well truly is the best revenge;-).“Genuine forgiveness does not deny anger but faces it head-on.”
~ Alice Miller
I discovered this wonderful li'l gem of a book that I highly suggest (click on the image to get more information):

25 Comments:
"Living Well truly is the best revenge"
YESS INDEED!!!
There is no lie there...it really is.
Cap I just added the book to my reading list.
The ability to forgive is indeed a blessing. It takes a lot to move beyond our feelings of hurt and anger and truly offer forgiveness. Most would prefer to just not deal with the person rather than to truly forgive them.
Forgive, but don't forget.
Hackneyed expression, but true.
Anger, is a block...blocking blessings....like the wonderful sis, my vanilla child said "if anger is your friend,don't you know when you die, you'll come back again." Give it up...or you will relive, and relive until you learn.
Are you & miz collaborating? I swear FO GAWD ya'll are speakin my heart & mind right bout now. It's a lil freaky though...SO STOP IT!LOL
I'm lazy tonite & don't feel like typin it all over again, so refer to the comment I left on miz's post, it applies here too.
ooh, I needed to hear that revenge bit again.
Diva - :-)
Amneris - so, life has taught me;-)
Shai - i hope u enjoy it as much as i do!:-)
Rich - crazy how something as simple as letting GO "seems" so difficult. it's so much better when I let. It. Go! ;-)
David - so, i've learned... so i've learned;-)
Miz - that vanilla child has a good mama to learn such wisdom;-)
Kiki - u always crack me up! i hear ya, tho:-)
GC - when i found this Alice Miller quote i felt it was a PERFECT fit, too!
Thats a wonderful comment by Alice Miller! I once heard a minister say that you know when you have accomplished genuine forgivness when you are in the same company with that in which you were offended and those hardened feelings doesnt cause any angst (sp?) Half the time they are going about their business not even knowing that they are a thorn in your side.
I needed that! (see my recent post). Sheletha got on me too...:P
I can forgive, but I don't forget! I guess I need that book.
Sheletha - yea, i've learned that letting go helps the one holding on cuz the others are ignorant anyway!
Pryncess - i hope the book helps u as it has me!
Gurl - tha's why i love this QUOTE! It reminded me that while the Bible says turn the other cheek, there's NOTHING about taking your eye off a jokah;-). Stay alert, but let go!
Whenever I even THINK of forgiveness, I fly to Matt 6:14,15. Most people don't realize that God's forgiveness of us is conditional upon our forgiveness of others...
Forgiveness has been called the most powerful tool there is for healing and transformation, and it truly is. Forgiving others and forgiving ourselves...without the ability to do this we can never truly be happy! :P
I need to write down that quote and keep it with me at ALL times.
I dont even know where to start with how much I needed to hear this today. I was sitting here thinking about how I was wronged by someone and then I decided to go blog reading. Thanks for this...I think I will just keep living well and let that revenge mess go! Thanks for this.
Bro G - that's true and many of us (me:-) mistakenly thought that forgive meant to forget, too. But, 1Peter 5:8 reminds us to be ALERT, so that we don't get DUPED:
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"
Li$A!, Girl - yes! forgiving myself has been truly freeing! it's easy for me to forgive others (most of the time;-).
Nina - so delighted that u can use this bit of wisdom;-)
Femigog - Live WELL, Sis - cuz God said that He'll deal with revenge;-):
Rom 12:19 "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."
Genuine? Rare quality. If we want to be real, we can't deny anything that's tangible and present. For me genuine is synonymous with "unconditional."
Dave j - i've learned that genuine is indeed a rare quality indeed...
i'm all late.. but this is a great post.. and very needed for the foul mood i've been in.. thanks
love - never too late to drop by my spot:-). i'm always glad when i can be a blessing to someone! take care of yourself FIRST;-)
I'm loving that quote... I can't stand being/staying angry at a person, but in order to forgive them, we'd have to talk things over and come to an understanding.
Yeah sometime people think that forgiveness doesn't display any emotion or action, but forgiveness is very much an action verb.
Post a Comment