Thursday, September 20, 2007

Kill your TV ...before it kills U

As I stated over at T. Stephens spot, TV is today's Trojan Horse (before it was known as a prophylactic or software, a Trojan Horse was a decoy "gift" / war tactic used to destroy a nation).

Why today's rant against TV?
If the fact that the following got little to NO media coverage is not reason enough:
*Jena 6
*Megan Williams
*Unjust acts in your area that go unnoticed (how many of our children are in jail for some pettiness? how many more need to go?)


Then is the following good enough reason to at least ease UP off a li'l TV?
*more time to follow a dream of yours - instead of watching other's dreams come true.
*more time to spend with your loved ones - including yourself.

I'm not the only one to feel this way. Check out:
http://www.turnoffyourtv.com/

Here's to wishing us ALL a more fulfilling REAL Life as active participants!

*click image for its source.

11 Comments:

Shelia said...

I turned the set off, but for a different reason. As a child I was an ardent devout watcher of television and even though there were not a lot of Black shows or Black people on television, it was evolving and I just knew that any minute now Black folks were just going to be all over the air waves, comedy, drama, news, everything. Well, as you very well know, that never happend. So while keeping Blacks to a minimum, white network haunchos taught me to have no faith in fairness of the media and to trade in the time that I was spending watching what they gave me, to participating in something that I chose.

KIKI said...

They call it the boob-tube for a reason...and it aint cause it makes yo ta-ta's bigger, dats for sure!LOL

mp1 said...

I was thinking the very same thing. I woke up this morning prior to going to a local demonstration for the Jena 6. Optimistically, I thought that this would dominate the headlines of the national news and at least a simple story for local media networks. Boy, was I wrong.
I'm repeatedly told stories about OJ and the effect it has on the country. I DON'T CARE about him. I was hoping for some real stories and I was let down. It's time to start reading even more. This tv is only good for my sports.

CapCity said...

Shelia - I didn't want to go on an in depth tirade against tv...so i kept it real simple;-). i am so glad to know that some other people who look like shades of me also have backed away from the "idiot box" whatever the reasons - it's all good!

Kiki - Girl, U right about that! lol!

MaddyPappy - welcome! since u have a li'l one u've got a young, developing mind to protect:-)

CapCity said...

Bro Rich - feel free to come here & vent whenEVAH! u know I got ya back! LOL! u remind me of that Dave Chappelle clip about when Keepin' it Real goes wrong (in the work place)! Man...if i had a dime for every time i felt like goin' off like that! LOL!

i figure if i can't "fight the power" at work - i DAYUM sure don't have to let all their nonsense into my head when i get home!

Andrew The Asshole said...

It is disappointing that it didn't get more press, but with out the internet and the radio morning shows making so much noise it would not have been covered at all.

soumynona said...

I hate real time TV, that's why I simply watch my DVR and fast forward through the commercials and that's poison too.

CapCity said...

andrew - guess we should thank the dept. of defense for this internet thang:-)

soumynona - i suppose we all pick our "poisons";-)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u know i call it the cathode ray tube. i give boobs more respect

CapCity said...

Brother All-Mit-T - u r funny to ME!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Hmm... I don't spend nearly as much time as I used to in front of the TV. There are a few can't miss shows. But aside from that I am here. IN my chair. Blogging or gaming or researching or porn surfing... Uh... Did I say that last one out loud? Well yeah that! Who am I to be the exception to the 85% of folk on the internet surfing for porn?

Or when I ain't doing none of that or sleeping, coffee with mom or walking the dog (which I am about to do right now since he just put his big head in my lap and did the puppy dog thing.) Time for a stop and drop. An excited Pit Bull on your arm at Oh-Dark-Thirty ain't the funnest thing in the world.

blogger templates | Make Money Online