Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pull Back Action's necessary!

**First, Let me wish my Muslim & Hebrew readers a Happy Holiday season (Ramadan & Rosh Hashanah/YomKippur, respectively).
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When you were a child did you ever have the joy of playing with toy cars
with pull back action? Do you ever have the opportunity now, as an adult, to join kids who still find joy in those cars? If you did, then return with me to those 'thrilling days of yesteryear'. If you didn't, then come go with me and live vicariously;-).

As a young girl, I was proud of the fact that I could make the best engine roaring sound in the back of my throat as my male cousins and I pretended to shift gears in our respective ra
ce cars. I am still proud that I can make that sound...though, now my "engine" purrs softly more often than she roars (but ... I digress;-). We competed over cars that we saw as we drove, uh, I mean rode with the rest of our family. "That's my car!" was the scream we'd release whenever we saw a sports car or a muscle car. We were serious! My heart would actually ache if my cousins claimed a sunshine yellow 'Vette, a fierce purple GTO, or a hot red Spider before I saw it! I had as many toy cars as I had dolls. Race tracks were cool, too. My eldest sister had a wicked, realistic 007 race track that I was too young to operate. But, I spent many gleeful hours salivating as I watched the cars fly through tunnels, past miniature trees and twisting around sharp mountain curves! Yet, with all of that...my favorites were the cars with the pull back action.

Cars with pull back action needed no batteries and were free to go as far as you could wind them up
. Of course, the more you pulled it back the faster and farther the car could go! But, the pull back action required a special touch. You had to be careful not to pull it back too far or the mechanism would break and the car would get stuck.

This year in my life has taken me back to those days of pulling back. I've been blessed to have the opportunity to step off the fast track and really listen to myself. There were times when I thought I was stuck. I didn't understand it. But, The Creator reminded me that I never focused with worry on the pull back as a child car fanatic. I simply delighted in the fast forward result. Instead of fretting when a car broke, I became better at listening to my cars so that I wouldn't damage the replacements. He assures me that all my mechanisms still work and I am merely down shifting as I gear up. I can't wait to screech into the new curves, roll out then zoom around life's mountains. I'm not sure how fast or how far I'll go, yet - but I am SO READY to ROAARRR Forward! What a thrilling ride this life is! It's great to remember what made us smile as children;-).

Hey, I hope u can keep up! Haaa Haaaaa! I'll try to take periodic pit stops and update ya here on Blog Boulevard;-).

Vrrrroooom! Vrrrrooooooom! Sccccrrrreeeeeeeech!

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. ~
Matthew 18:3, KJV

*click images for source & to find out where you can get the toy cars when u click top photo!

23 Comments:

The OE said...

On a good day a secret agent's heart roars louder than any engine. On a bad day I drive my Aston Martin. Life is good. Even on a bad day. Because God wants me to be happy.

CapCity said...

oe - so, u r familiar with the need to get down & pull back in order to accomplish the mission! yes, life is GRAND! gotta have downs to appreciate the UPS;-)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Capcity,
Thanks for visiting my blog and for the very nice comments you left behind. I truly appreciate that. Yes, we're little children inside. The Lord admonished us to be like the little children for us to enter His kingdom. Why? Because little children are obedient and their innocence is intact. I love to see you still make a go at the pull up cars. Children's play are fun because there are no inhibitions. Oh thanks for the memorable post. You really made my day. God bless you with all the innocence and joy of the little children.

lisa q. said...

haha...what a great analogy! you go girl! :D

Suldog said...

I absolutely LOVE this post! One of my favorite quotations from The Bible, and you tied all of this together so nicely with it. Great job!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

That GTO is tight, but my cares re the 62 TBird and the 75 cutlass, like i had and cant forget about he 69 Nova.

Dee said...

I never had the pleasure but I love the bible verse you quote at the end
staying young is so important emotionally, physically, and spiritually

Ms.Honey said...

I've seen you comment on others blogs and I dont know why I never stopped by..well I did today..and I'm glad I did.

I'll def be back

Miss Snarky Pants said...

[Me: Pullin' up along side you on the road and screaming over the sounds of our engines roaring. You go Cap!!! That was a great post girl!! :-) ]

Anonymous said...

Very poignant! I'm glad I had a chance to take part. Very nice.

soumynona said...

(reminiscing) Oh the pull back cars...we had so much fun back then. You are gonna be a preacher - you already are!! Great message

CapCity said...

Mel - Glad I could make your day - wow. that's a great compliment. yea, i am a big kid, but sometimes i need to be reminded just how healthy it is!

Li$a - thanx, sis! i'm just making it do, what it do! lol!

Suldog - why thank ya very much! *blushing* yes, i do love that verse:-)

T-Dawg - i couldn't fit ALL my fave cars in this post! LOL! I was trying to stay focused;-)...looks like your baby-girl's gonna be right here w/me in my car loving-ness (& not just cuz it shows a man's "bling-dom"...i try to contain my disappointment when I meet a man who can't drive stick;-).

GC - i'm tempted to send u one! it's one of life's greatest simple pleasures. LOL! glad u enjoyed the scripture.

Honey - welcome! i'll leave a light on for ya. i do understand the blog-o-sphere is a vast place, so i appreciate all who stop by!

Ms. Behaving - u KNOW i'm loving that visual! LOL! U go, too - I see ya in that HOT T&T outfit of yours! LOL!

Sugar - i'm delighted that u were here to take part, too! :-)

Soumynona - WOW...thanx, a preacher? I 'on't know 'bout that...I am deeply honored by that compliment.

JustMeWriting said...

GIRL... that was good...one of my favorite scriptures. God KNOWS we get in our own way of living, so it's so important to listen to that silent voice of the Lord telling you to 'pull back' or 'be still'... He's instructed e to do that sooo many times...and it's good to listen.

Unknown said...

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, I can breathe a PHAT breath of relief! My homegirl sounds herself! This is a great post, and I appreciate the lesson AND the love for speed even at a young age!

Bla said...

That was moving. :)

CapCity said...

JMW - yea, sis - sometimes this club-called-life gets noisy and we need reminders to step "outside" so we can hear;-)

Ced - got your messages. LOL! thanx - yea, i'm good. u know deep under the junk pile that falls on me sometimes i'm still me;-). i figured u'd like this one - fast cars & women are a natural combo!

Bla - thanx for Moving with me;-)

jac said...

Vrooooooooooooom Vrooooooooom is ok but screaaaaaaaaaaach is a sudden break. LOL

CapCity said...

uh, jac, dear - vrooooms are my engines revving & scrreeeeches are my tires SQUEALLLING as I turn corners;-)....tolja - keep up, hun! i rarely use brakes. LOL!

Unknown said...

That's why I miss a small car...

Rich Fitzgerald said...

That was a great post.

"That's my car" was one of my favorite games as a kid.

I too, liked the way you wove all that in.

CapCity said...

Ced - just get a second car! ;-)

Rich - thanx! glad u like the way i weave my magic;-)

Unknown said...

hey 'denia' thanx for the blessed memories!!!!!!

CapCity said...

Conan - :-) Thank U for making it ALL possible!

blogger templates | Make Money Online