Welcome Back for Wednesday Wisdom, vol. 17
Come in, set a spell and give us your take on the wisdom U dig in the selection:
I also want to share about this wonderful oasis in Jamaica that I've had the pleasure to visit twice. Jackie's on the Reef is a true Wonder of Relaxation! I hope that all is well for Jackie in this awful hurricane season. Jackie is an incredibly interesting sistah who I feel blessed to have met and experienced. The massages at Jackie's are truly DIVINE and life changing!“There is little success where there is little laughter.”
~ Andrew Carnegie

And here's one thing I've been WONDERing about a lot lately. What do U think?

19 Comments:
you want to go to the Pacific Northwest, now i want to go to Jamaica! :D
just keep listening to your heart for the inspired action you need for your dilemma girl...it will come...i know it! :P
I love this inspirational quote!
Ooooh what part of Jamaica?? I'll be there in a month!
now i can use one of those life changing experiences - sounds yummy
It's amazing that you wrote about writing on your other blog and that's the topic of the post I just finished writing.
Hells yeah!!!! Write. Tina McElroy Ansa's publishing house was created to focus on African American writers.
I'm looking forward to reading your work!
Li$a - i've been to the Caribbean so many times it's time for me to try elsewhere:-) - but i could go to jackie's every year!
BK's Finest - if u're in Negril - u gotta stop by Jackie's & tell her I said, Hi! She's in a really secluded location - check the link!
T.Stephens - how U been!? when i first went to Jackie's there was a brother staying alone & he LOVED the body services provided! i think u would, too!
Jali - Thanx for the enCOURAGEment, Sis!
My take on the quote: If you are not happy with what you are doing, you're not going to get much done doing it. Kind of goes with my post from yesterday.
There is little success where there is little laughter.
Does it follow that more laughter leads to more success? Because people are constantly laughing at my failed efforts. I should be rich now!
Love the quote, sounds like something my grand parents might have said.
My favorite vacation spot is Jamaica, I am really feel the need for something life changing.
Great Post.
ON - that's the same thing i gleaned from the quote...i have to love what i'm doing or i won't be enthusiastic & money isn't enough incentive for me.
Dan - Funny u should say that! Since this an Andrew Carnegie quote I wondered if he meant laughing all the way to the bank? LOL! Hey, I bet u R richer than you're letting on;-)
GurlNexxDoor - welcome to my Intimate side! Delighted that u've enjoyed yr visit so far:-).
Im scared of getting massages..cos I heard that if it's done in the wrong way, u can get paralysed.
Keshi.
hmmmm, keshi - not sure what kinds of massages THOSE paralyzing ones are...I don't like those rough massages that hurt that I've heard about where they twist & contort your limbs in order to "stretch" you out. The only thing that's resulted in my massages at Jackie's is that I've fallen into the deepest slumber from which I've had to be awaken EVERY time - uhhhh, they were truly HEAVENLY!! I've gotten massages in other places, but none compared!
I agree 100% with Carnegie and not just because we both have Scottish roots :-) Without laughter, I think life is almost meaningless.
As for massage, I LOVE getting them. It costs a little to get a really good one, but it's worth it. Relaxation supreme! Oh, man, I want one NOW!
Oh, and thank you for the link love! The favor has been returned.
Suldog - yep - without laughter we could just throw in the towel! Hey, I had to add the link - as much as u make me laugh! That's kind of how I pick a good blog (& man for that matter;-) - if u make me think AND laugh - THAT's HEAVEN!!
carneige is a great source of wisdom. He is definately one of the people i study
I have no love for meaningless work or jobs that leave me no room to laugh or express myself (and you know that I've been stuck in one huge one before...because you were there, too!). I have to have some joy in my labor.
Andrew - u just love surprising me w/ your depths;-)
Ced - I feel ya! if no joy - wha's the point!?
I read about jamaica and jackies.
Are you from jamaica ??
Jac - no, not from jamaica - but i love to visit there!
Post a Comment