Inspired by a bit of banter Brother Sojourner and I had:
I don't have unreasonable standards. I just have ideal for me standards;-). The ideal for me Brother can go from the White House to the Out-house (if u don't know what an Out-house is - no need to apply. LOL!). If I can't take you to my church, the neighborhood where I grew up, functions for my job, or on my book tours then we are probably not compatible;-).
My favorite female MC of all time eloquently explains one side of my ideal Brother for ya!
Monday, September 10, 2007
A reasonable request:-)
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 9/10/2007
Labels: Black men, blessings, mc lyte, uTube treasures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 Comments:
I used to have the biggest crush on MC Lyte . . . thanks for the video.
BTW, yes, we are still on for the 21st.
Its sooo hard to find people that can handle all those functions. When your not an average person it narrows down your dating pool alot
Why did I know this song was going to be Ruffneck.
ON - u're welcome, glad u enjoy my pick;-). yay! i'll see u in a coupla weeks!
Andrew - it's really not so hard to handle that li'l bit that i need...but i find having ANY standards narrows the dating pool. LOL!
Rich - ;-)...u knew because U know i need it in the morning! LOL!
amen cap! amen! :P
Ok, I walked into that one.
Rich, you can't walk into her craziness that easily!
Cap, go for what you want...but I've learned that the "search criteria" we impose on the people we attract is usually a bust! When you REALLY stop your search for Mr. Right, he'll walk right into your life. How would I know, you might wonder? I'm marrying the one God put in my path.
I knew what my fears about relationships and marriage (and DIVORCE!) were, but I had no clue how to address them. God opened a way to face my relationship scars and deal with the last remaining scars of past relationship disasters (especially the divorce) that was so SIMPLE that it still has me blown away.
We'll talk about it soon, I'm sure!
I soooooo agree with you on this one.
I mean I have the same riteria. I am told I am toooo picky. I say its selective.
Loved the video. I wanted to be Mc Lyte.
Li$a - ;-)
Rich - Ha HA! Gotcha!
Ced - whatEVAH...i'm so sick of hearing people preach to me about NOT looking...we all just do what we DO - connecting your soul-mate's a crap shoot whether you're looking or "not"...no one knows if they got it right until they're on that death bed looking back...
Deep - good to see ya! glad u like the video. MC Lyte's STILL the greatest female MC as far as I'm concerned!
Good thing I ducked before THAT bullet hit me! Dear heart, I'm not preaching. You know me well enough --it's just not my MO. How is the connection a crap shoot if a man or woman actually LETS God handle the hard part?
My Dear, Dear Ced...i didn't mean to send such intensity flying your way - but I am told so often "stop looking", then I'm told "Ask for what U want." U know me well enough to know that I'm not sitting and pining for ANYone or anything. I say it's a crapshoot partially out of frustration - but also because the forces of The Creator are not the only forces at work here...I STILL believe that God's got this. It's the reason I still "look" & am hopeful! ya know?
IC! I say: look for what you want, but be prepared for the fact that what you want may not be where, how, when and packaged like what you are looking for...
Bro G - i've been made SO aWARE of that FACT! LOL! I'm no longer the naive believer...still a believer - just not naive;-). but thanx, hun!
It is like the pearls, cap !
You know nothing until you open it.
jac, *Sigh* therein lies my frustration. LOL!:-)
Post a Comment