Intimacy and Porn ... do they go together? Do U need one to help with the other? Does one hinder the other? What Say U?
Past Grown Folk discussions:
What is Porn & How do U feel about it?
How do U feel about Porn Enthusiasts?
*click image for source.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Grown Freakin' Friday: ADULT subject matter for those over 18
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 4/18/2008
Labels: grooves, grown folk talk, intimacy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 Comments:
What's up Cap! I'm first to post... good for me. BTW I like the grown freakin' friday ideas.
You've got 2 people, attracted to each other, sexually charged, longing to touch and be touched, desired to hold and be held, passion unexplicable.... that's intimacy.
You've got 2 people who hardly know each other. They don't know what spots to kiss, what areas to grip, what areas to avoid. All they know are the basics, robotic movements and the most thought is put into lift this, spread that and wipe that up... that's porn.
They don't go together. Intimacy is full of meaning, porn is surface. They can help each other if one needs stimulation, lacking imagination. And porn can hinder intimacy if introduced inappropriately.
*sorry for the long comment, got carried away with being 1st and all...
MsKnowItAll, don't hurt 'em! She nailed my thought perfectly! So much for that blog post...
Hey, Cap, what's on YOUR mind these days? You're not much for repetitive thought...mmmmmmmmm...
LOL!
LOL.
Freaky repeaty.
Um... porn cool sometimes.
Intimacy is something else. Intimacy is the closing of the space between two people. It is existing in concert with each other...up close and personal. It is nakedness in it's truest form.
Porn is all about the show. It is the visual. It can be private, or public but never really intimate.
I believe intimacy and porn are mutually exclusive of each other.
I am digging this Grown folks Friday forum!
Sistah KiA -
"2 people who hardly know each other. They don't know what spots to kiss, what areas to grip, what areas to avoid." I don't understand how two adults DON'T KNOW THIS & need assistance...for me intimacy has always been intuitive - i only had ONE man who said he did not like the fact that I touched him everywhere -- but I think he was an abuse victim = former foster child...
I AM learning that we all have different needs ...*SIGH*
this learning process is not an easy one, fa sho!
Bro NewCed - "Hey, Cap, what's on YOUR mind these days?" -- Spring IZ in da Air;-). LOL!
Jali, Sis - gon' wicha freaky se'f! LOL!
Sistah Love - i.am.DIGGING your sensual description of intimacy. hmmm, maybe that's why porn never appealed to me - I'm so much MORE than a show/surface act! LOL! Glad you're digging this forum on Fridays, too!
Spring, eh? LOL!
If I have a woman (and that would be MY WIFE) then I don't need porn, nor do I want porn. But, if she isn't around, and I want to get off quick, porn helps.
As for the second question, I don't care what anybody else is into, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. So, if you need porn to get off - in whatever combination - that's your business, not mine.
NewCed - ;-)
SulDog - U're right about other folx' biz - sadly, i'm feeling affected as i date...*SIGH* LOL!
Porn? I love porn!!!! At least the good stuff.
But it is something completely different from intimacy.
These things tend to not cross paths in my life.
A live naked woman does it for me far better than anything in print or on TV.
i am not a big fan of porn. love me some intimacy though. so i don't think they are compatible.
2nd 68 - there's GOOD porn? hmmm...news to me! lol
Don - not a big fan...does that mean u like it sometimes;-)? lol
this is interesting to me that no one has stated they mix the two... i thought couples did that "all the time" - at least janet says she's been known to join shorty, uh i mean, jermaine at strip joints. is that considered foreplay, not porn?
@ capcity: meaning i tried watching porn in my teenage years but could never get passed the man shooting off in the womans' mouth, and all that. i know it's hard to believe from my blog but i am more of the romantic type. porn can be highly disgusting, plus it just doesn't have any plots.
i've been to strip joints with females. even had 3somes. maybe it's not the sex of porn that turns me off, just the "other stuff."
that's probably it.
Don - ok...i'm just tryin' to get an understanding of the fascination w/ porn. Yes, I can believe you're a romantic. Your blog reminds me of a cartoon my Dad has posted on his fridge. Man looking deeply into woman's eyes. Caption: Of course, I love U, I love women. LOL!
Post a Comment