Sunday, March 30, 2008

How Do U Feel About Porn Enthusiasts?

Blog Family of readers - How do U all feel about porn? I mean especially: How do u feel if your partner needs/wants it and u don't? How do u think your partner feels if u need/want it and s/he doesn't?

Ok, I know it's a billion dollar industry. I know it's getting huge press in light of Spitzer's "dethroning", R. Kelly's never ending saga and Prim Kristin Davis' rumors. And, maybe I am just a wee bit naive when it really gets down to it. Porn - in my head - is a bit different than "freaky", consensual sex with your partner of choice where u may choose to include a porn-flick in your session. Maybe I've been 'lying' to myself to justify. Or maybe I really just don't know. But, to be honest, I tend to think that serious porn enthusiasts are perverts - like the smelly dudes you see in public libraries all day renewing their time on the computer.

The one time in college I entered a dorm room with a "skin flick" on - the "action" looked so stilted that I've never had any incentive to see another (maybe they've gotten better - but I'll pass). Yes, I'm very secure in myself with a chosen individual intimately. But, I'm not comfortable with group intimacy, exhibitionist behavior, or casual flings on vacations. However, the more I "date" the more I'm discovering that I'm in some moral "minority". I try not to register the pure shock (read: disgust) on my face when a man I'm dating reveals his interest in porn. I try to display the nonchalant attitude that I "know" that "boys will be boys". But, you know the most shocking aspect to me - is not just the "yuck" factor (okay - yea, I'm a dweeb;-) - but the MONEY that gets poured into such a past time! I'm not [generally;-)] a judgmental person - what u do is your thang, but - I'm sayin' ... what if it affects me (or your significant other)?

Please don't throw tomatoes as u leave comments - i just wanna know! And please be sensitive to my sensitivity in your comments. LOL!

*click image for source.

29 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Just face it Cap, "he's just not that into you"
Just kidding :0) However, you may have a pervert on your hands ( no pun intended) but I would wash them before eating anything!

All jokes aside, Porn is for the Romantic Impotents. They are unable to inspire or create that dynamic passion on their own so they enlist the support of other perverts to make up for their lack of seduction. Can't make you visualize your climax, stutter steps at four play, and couldn't make you come (again, no pun intended) If you were Lassie and the Dinner Bell was ringing! BTW, thats CUM, with a Cap-i-tol C. Get it? :0)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

Im down with it just prefer to make my own lol

Xcentric Pryncess said...

I had an ex whose brother in law owns a porn company..so he owned like 40 pron dvds, I think that it borderline sex addict activity...it was a complete turn off...I personally don't need it..I think that people who neeeddd it have issues with themselves and their partners...I don't beleive that I should have to look at others in order to get it up...getting it up should be a natural connection with the other person.

Lance said...

"And please be sensitive to my sensitivity in your comments. LOL!"- cAp (;-P

...no comment....hahahahaha!!!!!

Stephen A. Bess said...

I agree. You definitely should not enlist porn dvds to get you in the mood. As a matter of fact, if a couple needs this to stimulate sexual activity then they should take a serious look at their relationship.

It can become additive and soon things will fall apart.

Just Kel said...

Hey Cap, First off I find porn to be demeaning to women. Of course that is heterosexual porn.

As for men... and I may be wrong for what I'm about to say but they need more visual stimulation than women and women have more active imaginations...

But as for your questions...
How do u feel if your partner needs/wants it and u don't?
First off, I'm communicating with my partner and being honest about being turned off by porn and I'm not giving out mixed feelings by saying that I don't like it but buying or watching a video here or there to appease.

How do u think your partner feels if u need/want it and s/he doesn't?
I would expect the same from my partner - being honest with me and not bending.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

I like a little porn. I love erotica and I love phone sex and reading some sexy blogs. Yep, inside all this fabulousness is a freak! Shut up Tony OH---I am not romantically impotent...who's talking romance anyway--this is about sex. And Torrance...ah no photos, no videos...politics 101 leave nothing that will come back to haunt you!

Lance said...

"sighhhhhhh"....

my peoples.
my peoples.

for all those who hate porn, who y'all bullshittin', especially the fellas? i don't necessarily watch porn, like back in the day, in my 20's. but porn can be what you want it to be. a stimulant. an educational tool. what? you just gon' fuck to be fuckin'? porn can school u about a lotta things, especially positions and spontaenity in your actions. THAT is your visual imagery, how you build up to that moment is on you and it'll 'splain whether you got game or not.

for those who don't watch porn or never watch porn. you're probably down with 3 positions, man on top, woman on top and doggy-style. how long and boring can u sustain a sexual relationship with that shit?

c'mon msknowitall, you're probably a closet freak anyway...any visual stimulation????...what the hell?...ain't that porn? your conjurnin' up in yo' mind what you would like to do...instead of watching two or more people doing it, you're substituting yourself. ain't that a form of porn?

some basketball players watch old clips of michael jordan to idolize and get their game up....

some golfers watch tiger woods to do the same....

so, what's wrong with watching a couple get it on...to strengthen yo' game?

ain't nuthin' wrong with it stephenbess & tony oh. if we were hangin' out and i said, "yo fellas, let's go to the titty bar and i'm paying"...you'll beat me to the car, ret ta go!....lol (;-P

Mizrepresent said...

Porn, hmmmm, don't watch it, have watched it, rather be it (privately that is)...now that's my take...all that slishing, and slashing, crappy music, ah-ah-ah-, whatever, if i ain't got no man with me, it's just useless, an if i got my man near me, we don't need it! Hear me!

CapCity said...

T-Oh - i'm not mad and i think you're right! Men make it known - even before they're clear themselves - when they're INTO u. ;-) U & you're unintended intentional puns crax me up! LOL!

T-Dawg - why am i NOT surprised! LOL! but i feel ya on that! I'd much rather BE the show than watch someone else's.

XP - Natural connections - THAT's what I'm TALKin' 'bout!

Lance1 - ;-)

Stephen - r u admitting to being a fellow "dweeb"? LOL!

Ms.KIT - Hey SIS, good 2 c u! i feel ya on the communicating - but sometimes "they" don't hear me anyway...*sigh* LOL!

Love - do yo' thang, gurl! i just don't get the obsessivene$$ of it all...tha's money that can be spent on wining & dining ME! LOL!

Lance2 - i knew u were gon' start some shyt! LOL!

Miz - SPEAK on IT, SIS!

David Sullivan said...

Porn is like Professional Wrestling. Entertaining for the first minute or so, then after that first "head lock" gets so theatrical that if you are still watching then, you are just part of the act.

Excuse me while I fire up my DVD player. I can feel a "head lock" comming on.

CapCity said...

David - u r SOOO wrong for that head lock! LOL!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I'm not into porn, but I will flip through a web page or two. But wifey isn't down with it at all. We had a conversation about it before when she noticed a page in my history. It's just nice body parts to me, but she took it a whole 'nother level and equated it to cheating. I got her point and realize the spiritual implications, but I prefer the real thing, so it's really a non-issue.

I don't get all the money spent on it to the levels that the industry makes, but it's probably more due to culture. I wonder how big porn is in cultures where men are allowed to have more than one wife, and Christianity isn't the predominant religion.

CapCity said...

I think porn crosses cultural & religious boundaries...

Xave said...

Is it safe to say that you don’t like porn? LOL But seriously, while there are plenty of women who like porn, it is essentially a guy thing. It has to do with how simply our male brains are wired. To a man, even one who has chosen to be celibate, ejaculation is an essential biological function. Porn simply helps move things along when unclogging the pipes. Described in such simple terms, most women are left dumbfounded, but it really is that simple. While no woman has ever died of cobwebs in the coochie, clogged pipes is NOT an option for the male of the species.
Bear in mind that I’m talking about normal men, not “the smelly dude you see in public libraries”. That guy is just creepy. If a guy has a significant porn collection, that may be indicative of something (or not.) I would only worry if a guy knows you aren’t into porn but NEEDS to have some porn on in order to get it on with you. Here’s a link to a short test: Are you a sex addict?

Peace and Love,

Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)

Suldog said...

I won't go into a big monologue. I'll just say that Lance and Xavier pretty much covered the same ground I would have. The part about "unclogging the pipes" is fairly much true. Lots of times, a guy just needs a release, and some visual stimulation brings it about in a more efficient manner :-)

As for my cuz and his headlock, I don't want to be thinking about that, but now it's too late ;-(

Lance said...

aiight, y'all take notes....PORN 101

for you men/women that DON'T like porn...here's your sex life
...fuck only on wed and sat nights.

men/women that DO like that shit.
"what time you get off for lunch?"

DON'T
in the bedroom...
MOTHER: "shhhh!"...don't make too much noise, you'll wake up the kids.

DO
WIFEY: AHHH, SHIT MY NIGGA!!! DON'T STOP NOW!!!!

*** from bill cosby to barack obama, this is the ONLY time the word NIGGA is OFFICIAL...IN THE BEDROOM!***

DON'T
heading home with MOTHER from a dinner party, sat. nite, of course...

FATHER: baby, i can't wait to make love to you...
MOTHER: oh, sweetie...i can't wait either.

your SUV roll to a stop in back'd up 3-mile traffic!

DO
same traffic jam.
YO MAN: SHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEET! FUCK THIS!

pull the SUV off the side of the road.

i know, i know...it's more of a mental break for you "moral do gooders" than anything else. most of y'all see porn as demeaning to woman. like i said before. use it as a tool to "enhance" your sex life, notch up. as far as religion "a sin is a sin".

okay, you die, go up to see St. Peter at the gates....

ST. PETE: okay, okay. church every sunday. nice. give tithes and help the homeless. nice.
MOTHER: thank you St. Peter
ST. PETE: wait-a-minute. hold up. it sez here, when you were 17 years old, you lied to your mama about going to a friend's sleepover when you hung out with that boy and did the nasty!
MOTHER: BUT! BUT!!!!
ST. PETE: NO BUTS!!!! YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!!!

St Pete pull a pretty purple velvet rope and you fall through a trapdoor straight to hell!
MOTHER: AIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!!!!

...and all that good fuckin' you coulda had by watchin' porn goes right out the window!

LOL!!!... (;-P

the lanceman has spoken....

Sharon shares said...

I turn my back for a minute and all hell breaks out up in here!

I don't know what I'm gonna do with my bruthas...from Xavier's cobwebbed coochies and clogged pipes to Lance's, well, let's just say to Lance simply being the shit-stirring LAN he be, I can see that I've got my work cut out for me up in here!

Re: PORN...Well, it's like this, I am one who takes action and spectator sports that are not eligible for inclusion in the Olympics leave this sista cold. What's the point of sideline viewing when one can be the star of their own show? And to your original question Cap, I too tend to imagine the die hard porn enthusiast as smelly old dudes at the library all day just waiting to fantasize about any PYT that strolls by as they click through images they will never, ever duplicate in real life...so once again, what's the point? Hey but who am I to judge...to each his own but I'll take my sex in the flesh and believe it or not Lance, I actually take my sex on the other five days of the week even without the influence of PORN ;b

Lance said...

"I actually take my sex on the other five days of the week even without the influence of PORN ;b"
- Sharon

well, there are "exceptions" to the rule.

you go girl! go break that back fo' arthritis set in! we ain't gettin' no younger!

and that's anudda thing...why are y'all ackin' like you back in the 20's with time on your hands? y'all betta get to some good sexxxin' whether it be via porn or watching grass grow.

time waits for no one.... (;-P

CapCity said...

First, thanx Sharon for settin' 'em skrait! LOL!

Xavier - thanx for that perspective - but i'm wondering if there's also such thing as TOO much release. Did our forefathers have the prostrate troubles that seem to plague men now? i don't know - i'm just wondering...

SulDog - even if we didn't want it - David's imagery was funny as HAYL! LOL!

Lance, Lance, Lance .... nuff said;-). LOL!

Sharon - thanx again - but i just let Lance "talk" - i KNOW i can get my swerve ONNN when the Brother flips my skirt righteously! I've never used toys, videos, etc. - but somehow Brothers keep knockin' at my do'! LOL!

Lance - "y'all betta get to some good sexxxin'..." Brother - i can get plenty of sexxin' - but GOOD sexxin' is hard to FIND these dayz cuz sadly most Brothers don't know how to stimulate my REAL C-spot: this ACTIVE, CREATIVE BRAIN muscle!! *SIGH*

Lance said...

"Brothers don't know how to stimulate my REAL C-spot: this ACTIVE, CREATIVE BRAIN muscle!!"
- Cap

...well, just give him some CREATIVE BRAIN....LOL!

that was too easy, but you put it out there....lol

you know i gots mad luv for you... (;-P~~~

Lisa Johnson said...

I'm not into it. The porn that I've seen, not that it's that much, was all very mechanical. There's no feeling or real emotion. Now there are some films that are explicit, usually foreign films, that have actual stories, good music, and acting that can be pretty tantalizing...

Lance said...

@ anali: have you seen "damage" with jeremy irons and juliette binoche?...very nice, although not really xplicit but enough sex going on to get the point.

i'm tellin' y'all...spontaneity is the key! (;-P

soumynona said...

This is truly a great discussion and yet another reason men and women are quite different but there is no one size fits all answer (btw, I love all the answers especially Lance's bc he keeps it real) At the same time, there does need to be a forum to enhance the perspectives of those who have already closed their minds - whether for or against. There's more to porn than what we see if you choose to watch (physical sight) or if you choose not to watch. Societal pressures and issues of "respectability" have long attempted to hide what people have done for a long time. BTW, there is no link between prostate issues and porn, our forefathers didn't live long enough to die from prostate issues but they looked (physically/or mentally) at something. Porn is magnified now because of the relative facility in which we can access it. Now do I watch porn? - Hale's yes! But...do I watch it everyday - Hale's yes (LOL) Would I watch it if I were married to a young vivrant thang? - You betta ask somebody!! (Im funny as all get out) Seriously though, there are possible/potential larger ontological (big word for spiritual) implications at play here that may or may not apply depending on your situation - Married, single, divorced, playboy status, playa playa, married but cheating, never getting married (again), never been asked to marry(will never be asked), and so on and so forth. Now, relating to your specific concern Cap, too much of anything can't be good for you, all things need a balance and if you are with someone that has different tastes for things than you (be it porn to potato chips)the issue is not you against him it should be how can WE get on the same page. As you know Cap, I can go on and on (hence my blogs name somuchinfosolittletime) so I'll cont. this on friday because there is a lot more that needs to be covered.

Chari said...

You know, if I had read this post last week my answer would be totally different from what I am about to say.

I started researching prostitution and it's links to stripping, porn ect...I used to watch flick a bit actually, but not anymore.

Now, I just about think it is totally disgusting and degrading to women (I think that was always in the back of my mind, I just ignored it). The same as the above mentioned things.

It's crazy how they use women to please men and sell it like it is any other economical good. That is so crazy to me. Just goes to show...

angela said...

hmmm... porn. well. i LOVE, love, love sex, and i LOVE making love even more, i'm a closet freak actually. so porn..?? i just don't know y'all.

like i said, i love sex. partly why is because i feel powerful and in control and fully a woman. kind of like "i was born to do THIS". porn doesn't do that for me. sure, i wouldn't mind checking it out to pick up a few new tricks LOL!), and it may get me for a moment, but then i'm ready to be my own show! ahw damn!! hubby done went to sleep!! i whisper to him, while gently rubbing "... hey babe, you up..??"

be well!

Lance said...

princess tinybutt: another satisfied customer! (yayyyy!)

i'm curious to know how many of y'all ladies that DON'T like porn, got dem vibrator thangs in your closet or on the dresser? hell, if your single, on top of the TV.

shit, women. y'all got it made. y'all can get horny at work...hook up that lil jack rabbit joint to the flat part of yo draws in the middle....put 'em on...hit that on remote....BUZZZZZZ!!!!

nice.quiet.discreet. (smile)

asshole boss, be talkin' some BS.
no problem for the ladies. ahhhhhhhh.....

but for us dudes.
shit.
we get horny at work.
dick hard.
we got to wait til we get to the house and then gotta take out the trash or some other "hanging-a carrot-over-the-rabbit-cage" bullshit to bust a nut with lil mama.

another reason why we watch porn...
(;-P

Xave said...

Now this gets interesting: MysTery’s concern about the behind the scenes aspect of porn production is the part that concerns me. I have befriended enough people working in the sex trade to know that none of it is glamorous and all of it is demeaning. But honestly, I’m not all that concerned with exotic dancers who make a few hundred dollars a night even though being victimized as a child is almost a prerequisite for the mindset that allows a woman to willingly work in that industry. My primary concern is the significant percentage of sex trade workers who are forced to do it. Slavery still exists, not only around the world, but here in the US. So while I don’t condemn porn per se, I always have the same concern: are the “actors” really doing it willingly? Another problem is that even when a person (a 19 year old girl for example) starts out willingly dancing, acting, or prostituting, there are many unscrupulous people who have perfected ways to keep them in the industry long after they want out. As a father of two daughters, I have to think about this every time I consider buying or using porn, hence the reason why my “collection” consists of only one DVD.

But I must say, Lance makes some uh... interesting points LOL

Peace and Love,

Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)

PS: April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). I am PASSIONATE about this issue and I’m determined to do my part to help educate as many people as possible. Please join me in spreading the word. Sexual violence must stop!

Lola Gets said...

I think porn - videos made with consentind adults for consenting adults - is ok. Now, do I like porn? Sometimes. The majority of the porn Ive seen has been made for men with all the usual positions, acts, and the requisite cum shot. Theyre not my cup of tea at all. Espacially since the women hardly ever seem to have an orgasm. And, once youve seen the video, you know whats going to happen, so buying porn is a no no for me too.

Personally, Id much rather go to a sex party and watch real people have real sex and real orgams. You never know whats going to happen there!
:)

L

blogger templates | Make Money Online