Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Relish in... rainy day musings...

... the word Relish;-).
... rainy dayz like today - where i don't have to go out, but may choose to -- just to get all in the elements.
... my bed -- it has to be THE most comfortable bed in the WORLD!
... my Daddy -- we NEVER run outta thangs to talk about!
... my Moma -- we've grown SO much together!
... my 3 nephews -- they're each the funniest, smoothest, dearest young men I know (as well as cutest/most handsome;-)!
... my sisters -- they're my personal motivators;-).
... my friends -- I've been TRULY blessed by the Creator with the individuals that have been brought into my life.
... a good drank (also relish in the fact that i can do without;-).
... a great meal.
... the funny, smart, entertaining, philosophical, political, wildin' out, etc. Bloggers I've come to "know".
... peace & great health:-).
... things i'm passionate about: reading, writing, laughing, talking, listening, people watching, living!!


11 Comments:

David Sullivan said...

I love rainy days. I feel warm and enveloped in some unseen entity. Enjoy the rain. Its supposed to rain all night and I sleep best with the sound of the rain on my roof. Peace.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

I too am a lover of rainy days. It gives me permission to think longer about things that I have pushed to the far corners of my universe. I love spreading all my books and magazines in my big bed, play my favorite jazz cds and read and think and dream all as the rain provides the most sultry background. Yep, I am a Rainy Day Diva!

Mizrepresent said...

Sis, i love me some rainy days as well, especially when i don't have to go nowhere...it gives me the time to think and reflect and listen to the creators goodness, feeding the world and me. What beautiful nephews you have... Children are such a blessing, like good wine and good friends, and as of late, good bloggers...i feel you Cap! Hope the night is fun, warm, and everything you wish it to be.

JustMeWriting said...

Hey lady...that was lovely...I love rainy days too and for the same reasons. I think better.

Lisa Johnson said...

I don't mind warm rainy days. They can be kind of relaxing. Those days when it's sort of misty, just starting to get dark out and you see steam coming up out of the vents. It reminds me of a Noir movie and feels like something mysterious is getting ready to happen... I know I can be overdramatic, but I can't help myself! ; )

The Artist In Me said...

Hey Cap! Rainy days are good to get much needed work done and to relax.

Ditto on the nephews. I have 2 of my own. They are so smart and handsome too! My sister and her husband are doing such a good job of raising them. It reminds me of how important they are and are going to be in society as young respectful black men.

Suldog said...

I love taking a nap on a rainy day. I leave the window open, to hear the pitter-patter of the drops, and it is the most cozy feeling in the world.

One other thing I love about a rainy day is a certain smell in the air when the rain is very light. It's a smell you can only get in the city, too, and one of the few that's better than the country. It's a combination of the clean rain, a bit of sand leftover from street cleaning, and asphalt. Is that too strange? It's hard to describe it exactly, but I love it.

soumynona said...

I love the word relish!! It is the closest word to onomatopoeia (word that sounds like its meaning)that really isn't an example of onomatopoeia but everytime I hear relish, I really do relish!!!!!!

Diva's Thoughts said...

I LOVE this post.

Nicole said...

Yep, I love laying around watching movies on a rainy day with my mama. Even though she makes me watch bad Steven Seagal films.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Me no likey rainy days but I love the post Cap. You have a beautiful family!!

blogger templates | Make Money Online