You may have seen me post about the amazing author Ms. Bev Jenkins before. It was in one of her incredible historical novels where I learned of a free Brother who loved an enslaved Sistah so much, he sold himself into slavery to be with her ... THAT's LOVE!
Since I love ME, I have been putting myself back on the block for employment purposes: smiling my best smile, shining myself up, making sure I present my best for those lookin' me ovah. I think it's payin' off. By next week, Lawd willing -- I'll be singing Halleluyah as I sign an educator's contract for the coming school year. I tell ya, after spending these coupla lean years in this wilderness, I'm looking forward to my new host. I hear they're good folk: allow me to do as I please in the evenings, weekends, and we get holidays, too!
Now, I know some of you freelancers and die-hard entrepreneurs are throwing cyber 'matoes. Just hear me out:
1) I am thankful that The Creator deems me and my skills marketable, still!
2) I am thankful that I can participate in my financial maintenance & upkeep!
3) I am thankful to be able to wear the employee "ruck sack" as I better strategize and save up for the freedom that is bound to come when this Civil War on the Economy ends (that may be awhile, so it's good to have a field to do a li'l work in and raise a few crop$).
4) If thangs work out well, shucks, I'll stay on and continue to work the fields even after the Freedom bell tolls! Maybe purchase me a li'l plot from 'em. Cuz, hayl, to be honest, it's lonely out here hustle-in' all by myself! I could use the company and interaction with others in the education field ... it may get a li'l rough in spots ...but 'least I'll have others to share a few laughs with, too!
5) 'Sides, truth be told ... we're ALL enslaved on some level anyway -- which makes it most important to BE FREE WITHIN ourSELVES! Don't believe me? Check out the wisdoms of our elders compiled in this fantastic must read:
But, if you Freemen still really feel so strongly and want me to continue on this solo journey to publication -- I'll accept your sponsorship. But, I'll tell ya, I don't come cheap;-).
*Click images for more information & excerpts of those wonderful books.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Selling Myself Back Into Slavery...to buy a Life of Freedom!
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 4/29/2008
Labels: blessings, gladly employed, promoting others, prosperity, self preservation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Comments:
woooow
that's love indeed
good luck with them endeavors
Hey Sister,
This sounds like an interesting story indeed.
I am not so sure you would enjoy writing in a tent or homeless shelter! Girl take care of you financially, all else will fall into place. Your effort is not done...just coming in for a fill-up and and tune up!
Early congrats!
I feel you on the job, it's not easy bringing in that dollar month end and month out when it's not guaranteed. Not everyone would have even made it as long as you have so give yourself a pat on the back for making this long.
Now that I've been back on the Corporate Plantation for the last 3 1/2 years I've been thinking about staying for a little while so I can really stack my paper as I work to become a real estate magnate and successful author.
Go easy on yourself, it's all in His plan anyway.
Hard as it is for folks to get a job these day (and please dont get me started on gas prices), GET DAT MONEY, SIS...GET IT!!!!
And anybody who says you shouldn't is out dey rabbit ass mind!
Dejanae - RIGHT? Does that kind of love still exist?
LoveBabz - Sis, u sound like my Daddy! LOL!
Rich - Tru Dat!
Kiki - HOLLA!
Thanx & Hugz 2 all of ya for such encouragement!!
Post a Comment