First, my apologies to Dejanae, and Yellow Rebel and his crew. Since I was at the mercy of MTA I was later than expected ...okay, so I probably would've been late even if I drove (but not as late as via subway, I don't think;-). I did send Y. Rebel one last email before I hit the street letting him know I was running later than planned. I was hoping he was better tech-equipped than I & could actually check his email from his phone...no such luck;-).
When I arrived at 6:40pm Organized Noise was at the bar (dang - he's ALWAYS early;-). Then he said it took him a half an hour to get from Wall St. to Nevins St. (that's 3 or 4 train stops, right O.N.?), I knew it wasn't my imagination that the trains were running slow even for weekend service (took me well over an hour from da Bx - that just ain't right;-)!
So, O.N. & I catch up cuz we haven't seen each other since the last BlogMeet about a year ago and he went into blog-retirement. He told me all the exciting things one can do when they shake the blog addiction: sleeping, socializing, traveling, etc. Wow! Maybe one day I'll try that. I started to feel a bit concerned, so I did walk through Juniors a little after 7pm cuz the place is kinda huge and I didn't realize they had two bars -- a diner style counter in the front and a fully stocked bar with likker in the back. If u don't know me - when I say I'll be at the bar look for the fully stocked one;-).
Note: the Brother sitting at the bar on the right took us "under his wing" and demanded a waiter for us. I think he was creeping Jewell out though. He was harmless: after finishing off a coupla drinks he proceeded to sit at a table near us and take a sitting-up-nap. LOL!
Back to my story: Just as I began thinking that Jewell had gotten discouraged by the crazy NYC subway system and given up, I initiated ordering food cuz I was starving and planned to do more drinking. LOL! Of course, as soon as we put in our food orders Jewell calls (YAY!!). They had just gotten off the train, so I talked her through finding us while O.N. went outside to be the welcoming committee.
As Jewell and her girl settled in the waiter bought our food. We finally flagged down another waiter to take their order and he bought a heaping plate of breads including some delish smelling cornbread. I was skrong: no extra bread, butter nor cheesecake -- drank most of my calories along with the fructose in the ketchup for my fries, as Jewell pointed out! LOL!
Below are pictures of our bulging table of food:

We had a good time talking & getting to know each other. I can say that since I've started attending these blog meets I always feel more like I'm catching up with old friends than sitting with strangers!
After eating all that we could we agreed to walk it off by crossing the Brooklyn Bridge back into Manhattan. Jewell & her girl purchased their cheesecake to go (please forgive me for forgetting her name. I want to say Askia - but I think that's wrong. Update: Jewell's girl's name is KEOJI. Don't ask how I heard what I heard. LOL!). Of course, we had to take the famous tourist flicks in front of Junior's!
Our Brooklyn Bridge flicks: View of the Manhattan Bridge and the skyline of Manhattan. Mannn , this is a beautiful city at night!

Once we got to the Manhattan side of the bridge I had to say my farewells! I had some non-blogging friends to meet uptown. I know O.N. pointed out more great sites before they all jumped on the C train on the West side ... he's the BEST tour guide! Can't wait to meet up more now that the weather's (kinda) getting warmer;-).
We definitely need to make these BlogMeets a regular thang - but I think a more prompt host (O.N.?) should be the point person. LOL! We can start by crashing supporting his mixer on May 14th at Mixx Lounge. Who's IN? I'll be there...I may not get there when U want -- but I'll be right on time! ;-)
Sunday, April 27, 2008
A Taste of the NYC BlogMeet @ Juniors
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 4/27/2008
Labels: BlogMeet, promoting other bloggers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 Comments:
Sounds like fun gurl...love the pics too! Y'all look great!
Glad everything worked out and you all had a successful meet and greet.
Great pics Cap! :-) Glad to read you all had a great time... [That's wassup!!!]
Yeah, it took me a half an hour to go 3 stops, but 18 of those minutes were spent waiting on the train.
I have no problem taking responsibility for the meet-ups and I definitely don't have any problem with you (or any other NYC blogger) "crashing" my event on the 14th. The more the merrier.
yo my bad about the email thing. I need to figure out how to configure google apps on my phone.
looks like good times
hmmmph
guess ill have to catch the next train
I Love the pics girly!
enjoyed the read and pictures, capcity. looks like you, jewells, and mike had a good time.
good deal.
Miz - thanx, it was fun!
Rich - me, too! I wasn't so sure there for a minute:-).
Ms. B - thanx, Girl. u gotta be on next one. Now that I "know" u & your blog better - it's ON! LOL!
O.N. - U R the Host with the MOST! I nominate u BlogMEET Host! Is there a "BlogBadge" for that? Mannn, without u that meet up would've been pitiful cuz I can't give the tours that u do or suggest the quality follow up activities;-).
Y.Rebel - no worries...i need to GET mobile connectivity added to my phone;-). C U May 14th?
Dejanae - yea, Girl - good stuff! May 14th your train's waiting! LOL!
Diva - thanx, Sis!
Don - glad u enjoyed it! Yea, it was great;-) - my 1st time walking the Bk Bridge at nite! Beautiful...
I should be good for May 14, provided that it's after work. Um...check out my Weekend Update blog coming at you in a little bit...
Y.Rebel - after work for sure! I think the rest of us have day jobs;-)...nevah know here in nyc land of dj's & such. u know i'll b checkin' u out!
Heyyyyyyyy!
Okay, girl you had me LMAO at the new name you gave my travel partner. Her name is KEOJI. Askia...lol. No where near.
Fun times indeed!! Felt like I had already known y'all. I want to come back and do it all over again. I'll even walk the bridge again. Glad I didn't wear my heels. I'll keep that in mind anytime I'm in the NYC.
Mannnnnn, dude @ the bar gave me a mean mug when I reached in for a straw. What the deal?!?!
Hugs...Jewells
I am so mad I missed it... sigh... but the 14th is the night before my bday... so maybe I will crash the mixer so I can bring my born day in right!
I'm so upset that I missed the meet n greet on Saturday. I will try my bestest to meet on May 14th.
Jewell - whoops! where da hayl did i hear Askia then? LMAO! Maybe ol' dude was upset u didn't slip him yo' number! LOL! Glad u had a good time;-).
Eb - OH, U GOTTA make it out on the 14th so we can celebrate your B'earth Day EVE!
Ms. Kia - I'm claiming it: C U on the 14th;-)
Post a Comment