Dedicate these 8 minutes to give Thanx to a Great Brother whose life-work continues to encourage our EFFORTS along the PATH to reach our potential. Because we all face Midnight Situations in our own way:
At 6:01 p.m. on April 4, 1968, King was fatally shot at the Lorraine Motel.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Thank U, Dr. King & all who STOOD strong
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 4/04/2008
Labels: Black Love, blessings, Dr. Martin L. King
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 Comments:
This is amazing footage. It's incredible to think that this happened in MY lifetime, in MY country.
Peace and Love,
Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)
PS: April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). I am PASSIONATE about this issue and I’m determined to do my part to help educate as many people as possible. Please join me in spreading the word. Sexual violence must stop!
great tribute for a sad day in history 40 years ago
I still love to hear him speak, his tone, his change in pace brings you right in
A great orator indeed! And his actions spoke even louder
Keep our eyes on the prize and hold on!
Yes this is indeed a sad day. But what is sadder if we do not pick up the torch and move on.
Our story in America is not over. History will record our struggle with reverence and admiration...I am convinced. I exist because others came before me. I am well educated because others before me thought it necessary and possible.
I stand on the backs and shoulders of men and women who dreamed a bigger dream for those who would come after.
There is a responsibilty here that those of us that are products of those who came first to be better, brighter and more dilligent in reaching back to pull others forward and up. It is not about being easy. It is about respect and honor and committment to our people against all odds, by any means necessary with all deliberate speed.
Great tribute indeed. I'm really looking forward to the King Memorial here in DC.
Thank you.
Zay - yea, I felt blessed to have found this bit, too! We've come so far & have farther to travel...
T-Dawg - so true, so true...
Sou - i DO love to hear his cadence. Brother King was a powerful man & for me continues to be a powerful presence!
Love - Amen to THAT, Sis!
Stephen - I am looking forward to visiting it whenever I visit "home".
Mel - b'cuz I luv your spirit I will indulge the tag - later:-).
Jali - u r SO welcome! Thank U...
Post a Comment