Monday, February 4, 2008

Leaps of Consciousness

I finally GET it! I finally know what it means to be too blessed to be stressed! It's taken some years - but I'm still alive, well, able to learn and be excited by the life lessons!

Early last week I had my second interview with a fairly young dot com company. I thought it would be cool to grow with them, which would be new for me. It seemed like the type of place where my artistic personality would be appreciated. When I left that interview they "had me geeked": "We'll be in touch to schedule the next interview where you'll speak with the C.F.O." Which of course, means they liked me enough to offer me the position, since they want me to sit down to discuss salaries, right? As elders say: "Don't count your chicks before they hatch." -or- "U wanna hear God laugh, tell him/her your plans." I didn't hear back by the end of the week. Initially, I thought, "CAP, just do your thang and don't be concerned." But, today I decided to send out one of those feeler emails with the casual tone: "Just wanted to see how things are..." type of message. I get a call back: "We've decided to keep looking..."

AND U know what? I. AM. SO. COOL. about it! I've surprised myself! Of course, every position that we "want" sounds perfect from the outside peeking in. But, I have come to understand that The Creator's got the BEST view in da HOUSE! So, if it's meant for me: That is where I'll be!
Since I had a li'l time on my hands today I created a li'l movie clip for the book project that features me! Enjoy!



*click image for source.

14 Comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

What a great clip! Very nice! I received the book this weekend and hope to start it soon. : D

Unknown said...

Great clip! I included it in my website's links page! Congratulations on your first book blurb, too!

Sharon shares said...

Hey Cap!

I'm here to reinforce that the message you received is the one that was being sent! There was no miscommunication there at all: What's for you is YOURS!!! I am so glad that you are not letting your head get messed up over something that was not special enough for you. The movie clip is FANTASTIC...but it just makes me that much more anxious as I wait for my book. *heavy sigh* I'm hoping it shows up tomorrow as I am leaving on a business trip through Sunday and would love to have it along to read in the evenings...oh well, all things in time! (I guess we're all getting little messages today ;)

Diva's Thoughts said...

Girl...God definitely has his own agenda. There have been times when I have interviewed for a job and REALLY wanted it afterwards only to find out later the company folded or some other crap that would have made the move a VERY bad one for me and all I could do was laugh and thank God for keeping me safe.

Dave J. said...

This is good news! So good to visit and find you in high spirits. You're right, if it's meant to be, then it will be.

CapCity said...

Anali - thanx, Sis - i'm sure u'll enjoy the book!

Thanx Ced!! ;-)

Sharon, GURL thanx! I hope your book arrives b4 your trip - but as u said, ALL in due time;-)

Diva - SISTAH - u tellin' the TRUTH! ;-)

Dave J- WHA's UP, Bruh? Good to see U in da house!! Yea, it feels GREAT to feel GOOD;-).

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Great work Cap!!! :-) [Oh and about that position...their loss.]

Dee said...

great post
even greater POV
The Creator has decided that you will also keep looking.
;)

Nicole said...

Just means something bigger and better is on the way. Their loss.

Anonymous said...

Now that's dat Fire! Can't wait to meet all of y'all. I hope to make volume 2. Look out I'm comin'

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're cool with their decision since they obviously are not to be a part of "leaping into greatness this year."

LOVE - LOVE the clip. Based on my immature overuse of debit card and excessive check writing of late, I'll wait until Friday to order my copy. I can't wait!

Chari said...

That's right girl! It was good to read this. :)

CapCity said...

Ms. B, GC & Nicole - thanx Sistah Souljahs! I know God's got my "back";-). How can I worry when I got THAT kind of back up! LOL!

CapCity said...

T-Sweetfield - u changin' your name on me, Daddy-O? ;-) I'm looking forward to meeting U, too!

Jali - Glad U like the clip. Gurrrll, U r too funneee & I feel ya! Take your time - we'll have a copy w/ your name on it! Hope to meet U at the ATL book event;-).

MysTery - thanx, Sis! ;-)

blogger templates | Make Money Online