Blame Rich and Kiki for this infectious post:-). Either u dig it or u don't - but I can't worry, cuz I'm groovin'. LOL!
TOO FUNNY how corny the videos were for some jammin' tunes!
I couldn't resist this REAL OLD school clip (this brother used to WORK a mic-stand! LOL!):
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Time to Groove!
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 1/24/2008
Labels: grooves, music, promoting other bloggers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 Comments:
AWW MAAAAAAAAAN! First you hit me with two of the coldest b-boy cuts I was pop-lockin' and uprockin' to back in the day...and then you tossed some JOE TEX in the mix! Cap, you can be my DJ any day of the week, babe!
Hey, the big fat woman was jammin'...with her pretty self! LOL!
The Tex video reminds me of something they show in Boston Garden during timeouts in Celtics games. It's an old clip from American Bandstand from the late 70's or early 80's, with all the cats dressed in platforms and bellbottoms and disco gear and huge 'fros and there's this one guy with his name on his shirt - GINO - and every time he shows up on the screen, everybody shouts "GINO!" It's hilarious!
OK... the only one I know is JAM ON It... and I love it... the other 2... and I cant get with
CED!!! U were a pop-locker TOO?? Wow! Just when u think u KNOW a Brother! LOL! But, u get EXTRA love - cuz u were an UP-Rocker, as well! Man, if we had cell-video phones back in the DAYYY - Utube would be NO good! LOL!
SulDog - U need to video tape & uTube THAT to share! LOL!
Eb - I KNEW u were a young'stah;-). LOL! Look & learn, Sis...look & learn;-).
Oh shoot! I loved Shannon! I thought she was so sharp back in the day LOL! I'd buy a mixed cd from you. Old school is so much better.
LOL! Lovebabz - I wonder where she IS now? that song still gets me going! ;-)
jam on it -- that reminds me of riding around with my cousin Ricky in his hot rod car with the boom rattling the trunk. Wiki, wiki, wiki, wiki.
That Joe Tex was funny. Looks like he was watching James Brown with those mike moves.
Joe Tex & James Brown were of same era, Bro Rich;-).
And Riding in a HOT ROD! Do they still use that term (what would they call them now -- muscle cars;-)? LOL!
Now those took me back. Thanks for the videos! I'd never seen any of them before.
Not Joe Tex! Girl, you really worked the time machine on that one! lol :-)
Bro G - glad u enjoyed those videos. I'd never seen them, either until I googled them - though I think I saw that Soul Train "episode" ;-).
Hey Woman! I used to LOVE me some Joe TEX! I was searching for the clip where Damita Joe was jamming WITH him on Soul Train. LOL!
You know, I actually remember that! haha
IW - Uh Oh! We tellin' on ourselves, Sis! LOL!
Post a Comment