When is your chosen writing time of day or night?
*Do you push yourself to rise before the rest of your household, crawling outta bed at the unGodly hour of 5am or earlier?
*Do you squeeze in time between other tasks - snatching a few minutes here and there?
*Do you write while doing other things, in meetings, talking on phone, etc.?
*Do you wait until everyone else in your house/neighborhood is sleep and stay up 'til the early dawn?
I've been playing 'round with different times and am just curious to know what works for the rest of youse guys;-). Write On! Write On!
*click image for source.
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Quick Question for my Creative Writing Fam;-)
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 1/06/2008
Labels: get it write
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 Comments:
I yank moments in the day, times when inspirational sparks fly, and write as much as I can before the "fire" dies. Rising early does NOT help my writing or editing--Cedric is NOT a morning person--and I tend to lose time in my writing "clarity zone" (don't use that before I do...it could be my answer to Malcolm Gladwell's BLINK)when I break my sleep schedule.
I write whenever I can. Always at home though, because no matter what is going on, the comfort zone is where the creation flows.
What's up, Dave? I agree with you; home is (usually) my comfort zone, too.
I write constantly throughout the day. I have a million of those tiny little memo pads to keep notes on constantly but usually I write at some ungodly hour of the morning like 3 or 4 am! I work retail so I have to grab the time when I can....
I write whenever...can't pick a tima a day...i have noticed however i have done some of my best writing at the airport...perhaps i ought to grab the laptop and just hang out there...nawwwwwww! I'm also a notepad keeper, back of napkins kind of writer, whenever the inspiration hits, i'm on it...i have even texted it from my phone.
I write it whenever and wherever it hits me. I've written while in traffic! I have to get thoughts down whenever they come into my head or else I lose them, and that can happen anytime and anywhere.
I tend to get inspired at different times and I write when I have time. I find that I blog more late at night. I'm not a morning person at all!
My favorite time to write is early morning, but I rarely get a chance to do it then. Much of my blogging is done during odd moments at work - during lunch, or before work actually begins, or while I have something else running on another computer and have nothing else to do while it finishes up.
I'm most alert and itching to write between 9 and noonish but I'm usually at work, so I keep a small pad and take notes. Then I write at lunch and again for about an hour when I get home. I have found that true inspiration hits me more often when I make time to write each day...and I have to be at a table or desk, writing from bed or the sofa doesn't work for me.
...once the thot comes, is my most creative writing time. If not close by my system, write in my head. But, on the spur of the moment's still my best writing time.
rethots - i used to be a spur of the moment writer. i'm now pushing myself to be a consistent writer cuz all of the consistently published writers suggest it and they can't all be wrong! LOL!
excellent question...any time of the day or night. and I keep a handy digital recorder for when Im drivin
peace lady!
Glad u like the question, DC ...and the fact that U actually scroll down on my page! ;-)
Post a Comment