Sunday, January 27, 2008

Meet Me on the Moon;-)

... cuz we're so great! U true Phyllis Hyman lovers filled in all the real words in-between, I'm sure!

Reminded/Inspired by Brothah Mega Rich who inspired Sistah Sheletha to list 2008's realistic ACTIONS toward GreatNess! Look forward to seeing all my folx on the MOON and meeting their greatest potentials!

Here are my Eight steps toward being Great in the next 365 (Jan. 22, 2009 is My Goal Date):
1. Sit Quietly and give thanx to The Creator Daily.
2. Write 5K words each week - minimum.
3. Move Vigorously & work up a sweat Daily;-).
4. Lose 40 lbs. and gain toned/defined muscles (watch OUT dere now;-).
5.
Pay off all debts and get copies of all credit reports.
6. Enjoy: BD book events around nation and completion of 1st Novel.
7. Market and sell educational book to several schools (100+ copies each:-).
8. Schedule at least 2 speaking engagements/educational seminars.


Now, here's just a taste of the late, truly GREAT Phyllis Hyman:

15 Comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Great list sis...and oh how i love me some Phyliss, always.

Suldog said...

You've certainly set yourself some good goals. What else can I say, except "Good Luck"? I'll say a prayer for you.

Sharon shares said...

Best of luck to you on your run for greatness...it is already yours!

I love your blog...what a mix of everything and if feels like the energy of New York in the summer to this mid-westerner...lol

Yes, I am from The Lou and believe it or not the book event is taking place on my birthday and in the restaurant of the very building in which I hope to live in a couple years once I've gotten my son off to college. I purchased the book online on Saturday or Sunday and am awaiting its arrival. I will most definitely be at the event and can't wait to meet you there.

I loved all of the excerpts, but found yours particularly interesting...
I know you probably are thinking "of course you did", but I'm really not just filling the air with sound here, I am serious. I am currently working on a novel from the perspective of a black male voice, [you can find an excerpt here: http://sharon339.vox.com/library/post/tell-me-what-you-think-1.htm] and reading your excerpt was definitely helpful to me as I struggle to make this perspective ring authentically black, heterosexual male. This started off as a result of NANOWRIMO 2007 and feels like something I can finish so wish me luch and any feedback is welcome!

Anyway I am definitely looking forward to reading the book and meeting some of you at the event; and to have all this take place on my birthday...PRICELESS!

Diva's Thoughts said...

You go girl!!! You guys have inspired me to compile a list of my own.

Nicole said...

I'd say good luck but you've got prayer and determination, so you don't need luck...be blessed.

Jomo said...

Nice blog. Thanks for the fyi's you left at mine.

And that's one of my favorite Gil Scott-Heron piece's on your MySpace.

Peace.

CapCity said...

Miz - thanx. Yea I miss my Phyliss!

Suldog - thanx - cuz I need ALL the prayers I can GET!!

Sharon - I no longer take compliments for granted & appreciate your sincerity. I'll have to check out your spot, too! AND I look forward to meeting U ON your B'DAY!! What a hoot!

Diva - thanx! glad to pass the inspiration on;-).

Nicole - thanx for the blessings & prayers!

Jomo - thanx! Yea, That's Gil's most powerful song in my opinion (was glad to find it online;-)!

Chari said...

Get it girl!!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

yea i got ya hon, i just tell the truth, that gets me in trouble enough, ud think women would be forgetting me by now but they keep coming back after years like im posed to rember them

LadyLee said...

Now THAT'S what I call a "To do" list! Make me wanna get my own. I'm inspired!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I wish I could get in 5000 words a week, but my list sure keeps writing on my mind. Especially since I put it out in cyberspace for all to see. I feel like I have to do it, even if it takes me longer.

CapCity said...

MysTery - I'm "fittin' ta," Sis! LOL!

T-Dawg - i figured u'd feel me on that;-).

LadyLee - welcome & thanx!! Glad I can spread the inspiration;-).

Rich - I really have no excuse! Which is why I also put it out here, too;-).

KIKI said...

Lawd...I gotta quit drinking! I coulda sworn I commented on this...

*scratches head...confused*

Anywho...good list...

Anonymous said...

keep us up your progress. we all need accountability partners and supporters.

i'm in!

CapCity said...

Sistah Ki - don't STOP ...just drank MO (then it's ALL good & even's out;-)! LOL!!!

Bro G - tha's why I put it OUT here - to be HELD accountable (or just to be held;-). LOL!

blogger templates | Make Money Online