Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I am praying for the Pastor I so deeply respect...

I'm not generally a politically outspoken blogger. But, for the life of me, I don't understand why the disrespect that Sen. Clinton spewed about Dr. M. L. King, Jr.'s "Dream" being a fantasy (along with her many other "faux pas") was not addressed. I'm not totally naive about politics and I know many are supporting HC because of her connections which will actually get some things done. Also, these supporters of these candidates make good business sense: Oprah supporting Obama: Illinois Senator & Pastor Butts supporting Clinton: NY Senator. So, I guess more than naive - I'm a political pessimist. All I know is whoEVER is in "da Big House" I'll continue to survive and thrive as my ancestors have ingrained in me.


6 Comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry--I had a typo! I'm proud to know that you pray for Pastor Butts before you criticize him. In the cynical world we live today, unguarded and emotional criticism is the easiest path to walk. You are not alone in political pessimism, dear lady. I don't trust the people who run our country at any level anymore. My home state, Louisiana, has a history of "sell-out" behavior from local politicians who get to the White House and leave home for locals to worry over (guess what I feel about Mike Huckabee). I pray that God allows the election winner to be someone who will remain a good steward to the American people after the first 100 days in office. I still have MY dream; it has not been fulfilled.

soumynona said...

Yes indeed we need to pray for our leaders. Although I hesitate calling them that because the game is such now that "real" people don't exist in politics

KIKI said...

Survive...that's all we can do, Sis!

I have more to say, but I decided I'd just blog about it instead of takin up yo space (I'm tryin to be more considerate in 2008...LOL).

Mizrepresent said...

I'm praying for a fair election, and a new leader that will look out for the people and their concerns...this world needs a positive change.

CapCity said...

I'm glad y'all are feeling me... I'm just waiting this one out...I mean, I'll do my li'l paht & vote - but u know what I mean. Like waiting to see if/when the storm's gonna hit...

plez... said...

we are standing at the cusp of greatness and a truly historic moment with the candidacy of Barack Obama. i don't deign to "require" everyone Black to vote for him because he's Black, but come on "my people" he is qualified and ready to lead this country.

it is a sad state of affairs when our "Black leaders" cannot support each other. why couldn't this brother (or other Black leaders[sic]) have either kept his opinion to himself or gone to the Obama campaign with his concerns and suggestions! when will WE understand that our children are watching and listening... and this kind of self-loathing continues to destroy and erode our Black community! is it too much to ask for us to even attempt to provide our children with a role model and yes, the HOPE that there could be a Black president of the united states?!?

as my wife said, "Negroes like this will make me STOP going to church!"

blogger templates | Make Money Online