What's the Purpose of your Blog?
Do U blog to Vent, Entertain, Network, Meet someone spesh, Motivate others, Promote your biz, etc. ... ???
Initially, I began blogging in order to climb out of my creative closet & share my work with others who did not know me (when I share with family and friends they say nice things cuz they have to love me;-). When I began interacting with other bloggers my blog seemed to change every time I was influenced by one of your blogs;-). I think I'm going to return to my original blogging purpose: a place to share my creative works in progress for feedback from folk who don't know me too personally;-). One day you'll look back and say: "I actually commented on a bit of her 1st (or 10th;-) best-selling novel!" -or- "I remember some of that piece! She changed it a bit thanks to bloggers' comments.";-)
What about U? What do U use your blog for?
*click image for source.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Quick Question 4 my Blog Fam;-)
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 1/07/2008
Labels: get it write, self discovery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 Comments:
originally i started blogging to try to share dating experiences with other women dating in their 40s...in the beginning i shared a lot of my personal experiences, but find that these days i seem to focus on providing tips and information...then again, that could be because i haven't had a date in like 250 days...not that i'm counting ;) hopefully that will change soon!
Archieving memoirs, commenting on current events, politicizing, whatever comes to mind...
I started blogging publishing, since it was a new venture for me...but my blog has definitely changed overtime...i too have been influenced by other blogs, and tried it their way, only to return to me...my blog is about me, the professional me, the quirky me, the romantic me, the philosopher me, the creative me...and i wouldn't change a thing about it...I write for life, and about life.
Sharing the creative is what it's always been about to me baby gurl. I've tried (sometimes really hard) to maintain the integrity of what I'm doing. It's not always easy, but I would hope that anyone who dug into archives would find consistency.
As for you my friend. Do whatever is YOU. You are surely multi-dimensional, and it's ALL GOOD.
Happy Monday. I started blogging cause I needed something to do at work. Four years later and a few blogs later, I now write about everything...dating, life, sex, people, ups/downs, voting...on and on.
It is just a place where I can voice my own opinions and get others as well.
I started out just having fun. Mingling with everyone was just a daily high that I grew to love, but once I actually went from commenting to Blog author, something different kicked in. Now I do it to enlighten, entertain and to extinguish some of my own demons.
I started blogging because I thought it would be fun. Nothing more and nothing less, really. I often wonder why I still do blog because it seems as though I have to make time for it when it used to be a priority. I feel guilty when I haven't posted in a while and when I haven't visited other blogs (like this one).
Once I have this baby I'm guessing I'll disappear for a while. It's all kind of sad really, now that I think about it. Because you really do make blog friends. :)
I started my blog to push myself to write on a regular basis, at least 3-4 times a week no matter what. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I knew I was thinking about many things that I wanted to express. It's evolved to encompass many different sides of me, baking and current events, movies, music, travel. And I remembered how much I enjoyed photography. I hadn't realized how much I missed it before.
I had been reading about Ghandi right before I started my blog and he talked about different experiments in his life. I figured my blog would be an experiment.
woman u know i dont know, i recant when i asked yawl for help t describe an label m blog - 'member (im country)
Wassup Cap?!?!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! [I hope all is well in your corner of the world.]
*Whew* "What do I use my blog for"?!?!
To vent, to pass time, to meet new folk, to exchange opinions and to keep myself sane.
I use my blog to vent mostly... and to reflect on alll my passions in a non-professional platform. At work in the entertainment industry you have to deal with so much corporate bull but with my blog I am the CEO... and can say whatever I want about music or sports or whatever. I also use it as a way to get my poetry out there... I plan on doing a collection of poems in a book one day
Happy new year!
Hey girl!!! I blog for a variety of reasons actually. Entertain, get stuff off my chest, get feedback, etc.
I blog to clear my head, to share music that entertains me, to show my writing chops when I WANT to write, and to read contrasting perspectives on current events from people around the globe. Most of the time, my blog posts are enlarged comments to thoughts in some of the great work I find here. Wow...and it all started with you telling me to "leave the babies at Myspace alone so I could get down with some grown folks..."
Hi CapCity,
My purpose for blogging has never change no matter how people react to my posts. I write solely for the glory of God and to please Him in everything that I do. I blog to inspire and motivate people and to plant in their hearts the tiny seeds of righteousness that may someday blossom into fruit bearing trees. I consider blogging a ministry where I can bring people closer to God through articles that are inspiring and motivating. That's the reason why I reject those offers that I open up my blog to commercialism and paid blogging. I write solely for the glory of God and the furtherance of His kingdom.
Thanks for the wonderful post. God bless and have a wonderful and pleasant day in the US always.
I started blogging because MY WIFE suggested it. She thought it would be a nice outlet for me to be creative in. She was right, as she usually is.
Cap, I’m so sorry for... well you know, the mix-up. Please forgive me.
I’ve had an account since September 2005 but I didn’t start really blogging until late June 2006. The only purpose was to generate buzz about my book, get feedback from anyone willing to review it, and eventually find a publisher. Within a few weeks I tapped into a small community of bloggers, many of whom are reading this now. In no time I had a following. But more importantly, I was being exposed to some incredibly talented people and I felt a freedom to express myself as I had never expressed myself before. Since Lovers Anonymous is itself an intimate revelation of my past, I guess it was only natural that my blog became an intimate revelation of who I have become.
My blog fulfilled its original purpose long ago. I was discovered by my publisher, my book is out, and I’m working on the sequel. But through my poetry, photographs, and writings, I have developed incredibly deep friendships and my family has grown to include my bloggers that I laugh with, cry with, and share my deepest thoughts with. Blogging has changed my life but more importantly, blogging has allowed me to positively impact others. In some cases, the impact has been nothing short of profound and I’m humbled that God would choose you use me this way. Have I mentioned how much I love blogging? :-)
Peace and Love,
Ali's Zay (LoversA.blogspot.com)
Click here to see my REAL blog
I initially used blogging as a way to keep myself writing on a regular basis. Now it's a way to clear my head before I do my creative writing.
I started blogging in 2005 to talk about environmental issues on another blog site. Soon I wanted to share my writing and more of my personal life so I started blogger to establish a place for the creative "Me" to vent (which I find so therapeutic it is insane) and to create around other creative people.
I started blogging 'cos i felt 'twas an avenue to express myself anonymously but, stopped when i felt my identity's revealed. But, my pen refused to stop flowing so, i resumed. Now i blog for leisure while still expressing me.
i used to blog to express myself. then i was blogging to inflate my ego. now i'm back to blogging to express myself, although i haven't had much to express lately.
Rethots - u're still anonymous to me;-). But, I'm glad u didn't let that stop ya!
Nikki - U r TOO funnee! maybe if u go back to inflating yr ego u'll have more to blog about, maybe ... ??
eternal reflection. it was a nice boon because i didn't have to carry around a journal, plus i got feedback on my thoughts. so it's a mix of getting personal reflection plus getting feedback and feeling like i'm part of a community sharing ideas and such. sorry i haven't been around but i didn't even know you were back to this. peace.
i began blogging for similar reason, Jose. The immediate feedback is priceless:-). Thanx for scrolling thru;-).
Post a Comment