Saturday, January 26, 2008

An artist worth checking out: Kara Walker

Went to check this sistah's exhibit out at the Whitney. If she's ever in your area I suggest you do the same! In addition to thought provoking subject matter, the fact that one of her mediums is paper cut-outs on such a large scale is fascinating to me!

Thanx i.am.malik for hipping me to this sistah's work.

*click image for source

5 Comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi CapCity,
This exhibit is something different. I really like it. What I noticed is the spacious area for the works of art. It is really huge. And the place looks so prim and proper, very clean and tidy. Congratulations to the avant garde artist. Thanks for the wonderful post. God bless you and your family always.

Xave said...

If she is ever in South Florida, I will definitely check her out.

Peace and Love,

Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)

T. S. Snowden said...

hey Cap! I did an entire blog post about her work last week after seeing her exhibit at the museum of fine arts here in Houston.
Her book Narratives of Negress is amazing!

Just Kel said...

I thank you for reminding me of Kara Walker's exhibit. It has been on my to do list since last year and since the expiration of her exhibit is almost up on Sunday, February 3rd, I plan to catch in this weekend.

CapCity said...

Mel - the size of some of those cut outs is really spectacular! God continue to bless & work thru u, too!

Zay - I do hope she exhibits near U. U'd love it, I think!

Femi!! - I knew u'd be up on this;-).

Ms.Know- Hey Sis! Yea, I'm going back with a good friend on Friday (pay what u wish after 6pm;-). Maybe I'll c u there:-).

blogger templates | Make Money Online