Monday, January 21, 2008

Thank U, Dr. King! My heart was warmed on a COLD NY morning...


...as I counted twelve Brothers walking children to school. I was out for my morning walk on Tuesday past: Brother King's actual birth-date - the 15th. I don't know the relationships of those men to the children they were guarding (fathers, uncles, brothers, cousins, step-fathers, moma's boyfriend, etc.), but my heart was warmed as I observed.


I'm not ignoring women who support & encourage children (I am one;-) ... but, I feel the need to uplift Brothers today (and since it's my blog - I can;-).

Here's wishing us ALL an UPLIFTING day!

*click images for source.

9 Comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi CapCity,
Grown up men baby sitting to kids are indeed a wonderful sight to behold. God bless them for their unselfish deeds. Thanks for the post CapCity. God bless you and your family. Have a great and wonderful day always.

Anonymous said...

Indeed what a welcome act of nobility by these admirable brothers. It is a joy to know that real men honor and protect our progeny. Thanks for the praise. I added you to my list of major blogs. Please stop in and visit sometimes. Peace.

Tony

http://www.media2live4.blogspot.com/

Lisa Johnson said...

Happy MLK Day Cap! I was waiting in line at CVS the other day and noticed it was mostly men and their young daughters. It did bring a smile to my face.

Diva's Thoughts said...

I so feel you on this girl!!! Happy MLK Day!

Dave J. said...

Cap, us fellas could use the boost! You won't see too many, but men who mother, have it all figured out.

David Sullivan said...

Being the oldest son of six kids of a single mom I love to see dads who are vested in their children and actually like being with them.

KIKI said...

Just makes you feel all good inside...

Unknown said...

Beautiful.

CapCity said...

Glad U all enjoyed this heart-warming experience.

Please, forgive me for not responding individually as I usually try to;-).

blogger templates | Make Money Online