Thursday, January 10, 2008

Got ANTs in my Pants ... :-)

...And I need to DANCE! LOL! Okay, bear with me, Blog Family. I don't REALLY have ants in my pants - but I'm FEELIN' that antsy excitement that U feel when U know something real GOOOOD is 'bout to JUMP off! I TOLDJALL 2008 is gonna be GRRREAT!
FIRST lemme announce some of what's got me excited like:

1) The book project that I'm part of is having its Kick OFF event in St. Louis on February 23rd and I'm going to BE there (details will be posted on that site soon, I was told:-)! First time being PUBLISHED and First time going to ST. LOUIE! Woo HOOOO! Watch out Ashanti - Nelly's REAL girl is coming to TOWN! LOL!

2) The BOOK itself is going to be IN my manicured li'l fingers by my BIRTHDAY near the END of January (well ... I'll have a manicure by then, anyway;-). I guess, I should be excited about this FIRST - but, y'all know I love a party;-). LOL!

3) So MUCH seems to be poppin' off for fellow Bloggers, like: Mama Angelia is part of ZORA (which she announced over at Bloggers' Delight to Write)! Speakin' of ... THEY're having their First Readers' Choice Award for poetry. AND my Dear friend, Ced (who I knew back before blogging) & his Mrs. are starting a couple of biz ventures including his quietly launched editing site which is FLY AZZ HECK (I know that doesn't sound professional, but I'm excited for my Fam:-)! I hope I'm not "jumping the gun", Ced - but I couldn't hold it any longer;-)!

Whew! God is SO GOOD I gotta DANCE (even when I'm strugglin' ... like I still am in many ways ... but, I'm STILL gonna DANCE;-)!
* * *
Since I've been incognito most of this week from my own blog - I'm going to respond to the kind folx who've entertained my 2 previous "quick" questions here IN this post - saving u the time of clicking another link AND if u didn't leave a comment feel free to skip this part;-). As ALWAYS - I appreciate and adore EVERYone who takes the time to read my blog. AND extra HUGZ to those who take a minute to acknowledge my blog-thoughts by leaving comments, calling, emailing, texting, etc. :-)

Ced - not a morning person, huh? LOL! I know u're glad to be a civilian again;-). Since partial employment gives me SO much free time - I haven't figured out my sleep pattern since no job to structure it. I'm all over the place & for now - I'm COOL with IT! I'm so glad I could convince u to come outta MySpace for a bit & I hope it has helped!

Dave J - U only write at home, huh? Well - when do u get OUT - cuz U r one prolific CAT! ;-). But seriously, it's funny that u say that. I met Colson Whitehead at a book signing last year. When I asked him about writing colonies he said he prefers home to any other place.

FemiGog - I tend to be a night owl for the most part, too. But there are some mornings when I just wake up singing halleluyah;-). I need to get better about jotting notes through out the day though - but I'm so nosey I'm easily distracted;-). I'm not sure any more - blogging went from being therapeutic to being an addiction. LOL!

Miz - At the airports? Hmmm - I need to hang out with U more often - but as I told Femigog: nosey me wouldn't get much done - too busy watchin' the comings and goings;-). And your blog IS appropriately named - cuz it's LIVELY for the life of U;-).

Bro G - u write IN TRAFFIC?! Lawd, please be careful...a good friend of mine was recently in a car accident (she's fine - just shaken & slightly fractured nose). U seem to maintain integrity & creativity as far as I can see on your blog. I wish I had more time to dig into most of my fave bloggers' archives. Thanx - I'm trying to figure out my comfort zone - I know I'll get it -- or -- is this it? ;-)

Anali - U not a morning person, either huh? LOL! Finding time can be tricky. I have "plenty of time" now and I still "need" more! LOL! I love your intelligently eclectic mix of a blog - I tend to get hungry when I go there, too! It's been a wonderful experiment that I hope will last 4evah!

SulDog - I need one of those jobs where I can be on the internet while on the clock;-). In teaching - there's ALWAYS somebody crying for your attention. LOL! And THANK your wife for encouraging U to blog for me - u r a treat!

Nicole - U're right - writing in bed is NOT good for me ... sometimes I wish I could write in my sleep;-). I started blogging to clear my head before writing - then the blogging became the writing. LOL!

Lisa Q. - U r TOO funnee! Started off giving advice now you're getting it, huh? LOL! Don't worry 2008's gonna be great! I'm keeping u in my prayers (& please keep me in yours;-).

David - Cuz! And interesting archives, comments, politicizing, etc., they are:-).

Amn.eris - Hey Girl! I need YOUR job since u can do all that! U tellin' all that kinda biz? No wonder all your spots are invitation only (and uh...can i get an invite?;-). U going to the ABC Black tie? U singing in it? ;-)

Mega Rich - Ohhh! So, U used to be simply talking trash like Lance! LOL! Hmmmm, extinguishing demons??? I need to read more carefully;-).

Nina - WELCOME to my world:-). Hey - no time for guilt - we all know that time is limited (I'm STILL wondering how those folx who get hundreds of comments actually respond to them all - even if they ARE professional bloggers...sheesh;-). And congrats on the new baby - is this your first?

Brother All-Mi-T - an' whas'sonever yo' cuntree azz writes about U know we luvin' it;-).

Ms. Behaving - Happy New Year to U, too GrammaFlyAzz! Reading your blog helps me stay sane, too! ;-) U know I'm working out so I can BE in Carnivale in 2010 cuz of U;-).

Eb the Celeb - U go, Ms. CEO! Wow - U in that entertainment industry - my hat's off to u & your patience. I need to come thru your spot - do u post any of your poetry? Happy New Yr 2 u, too!

Diva!!! - even when u vent it's entertaining;-). LOL!

Mel - U do spread the spirit of God's love very well, too! Now, I'm not trying to convince U - but I have learned that The Creator wants us to enjoy abundance in many areas of our lives - so, if I were given an offer to earn money for doing what I do anyway - without dancing to someone else's tune - I would certainly tithe 10% of the income I gained. Thank U for the blessings - I need all that are bestowed upon me:-).

Zay!! - WELCOME and no worries, my good friend;-) I'm just glad to make you're acquaintance. U give an "ol' playette" like me hope that I, too will find REAL love/my soul-mate - regardless of my history;-). And WoW! U found a publisher through blogging? That's great! I know I'm excited to be part of the book project that came as a result of blogging, too:-).

*Going to add all the Newbies to my blog roll, now so I can check out YOUR spots!

HUGZ EveryBody!!

Click image for its source.

15 Comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! I wasn't a morning person THEN! I just knew that I had to maintain my personal discipline, or I would have spent my Great Lakes time in the brig! Only God knows the things I wanted to do to get a couple of those people straight! Thank you for all those times that you talked me through remembering myself and not falling for the foolishness. Also, thank you for the love on the website and the budding business! Talk about unexpected gifts!

Suldog said...

As always, you, too, are a treat. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Girl you are a MESS. Chile...you don't want this job. LOL It pays the bills and I am grateful that I got some place to go and make some paper...and get some insurance. LOL

And I am going to try and go to the black tie...it all depends on what my bonus is LOL. I doubt that I will be singing...but I will be SHAKING a leg dancing.

P.S. My spot is more open now...responsibilities of being a writer of Yanni's Block.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Girl 2008 is definitely going to be your year. I'm glad your spirit is soaring right now. Keep it going because I like this side of you sis.

Much Luv!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i talk like tha LOL, u eady for signing

Shai said...

WOW! That is great. I wish I could get everyone's autograph when I get my book.

Can you believe it has almost been a year since the Blogger's D met and formed the group. Whew!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Wassup my fellow Aquarian sistah?!?!?! :-)
[Whispering: My b-day is the 28th]

So happy to hear you've got a lot of GREAT stuff going for you.

LOL @ "Watch out Ashanti - Nelly's REAL girl is coming to town"

Ay...I ain't mad at that!!! Go get em' Cap!!! ;-)

KIKI said...

Awe sukie sukie naw! Looks Like I'm back just in time...you know I looooves a par-tay!!

*shakes a tail feather & raises glass*

Missed ya Sis...Here's to great things in 2008!!

CapCity said...

Ced - wow! i thought u were the one who kept me from going off on folk! LOL! glad it was mutual;-). And hey, what r friends for?

Suldog - :-)

Amn.eris - yea, i want to make the black tie, too - but the fund$ have the last say;-). i gotta check out Yanni's block - it's been a minute!

Diva - thanx, Sis! I like this side of me, too & am doing what I can to keep "her" going;-).

Brother All-Mi-T - u know i luv it when u talk Cuntree to me;-). U coming to the STL? or do I have to wait until the ATL to meetcha?

Shai - C'mon to the STL & u'll get several autographs! It's been a year? Wow - time flies!

Ms. B - we gonna have to ACK up a li'l in the name of our B'days! How 'bout an Aquarian Bloggers meet? All attending bloggers who aren't Aquarians have to buy our drinks - u down? & yea, Ashanti betta look out - i love me a young country Brother ;-)

Sistah Kiki - glad u're back! u know i'm just trying to catch up with the big thangs U started in 07!! ;-)

lisa q. said...

thanks for the smile this morning cap...damn, i love your energy girl! '08 definitely is going to be great! :D

Dezel Quillen said...

Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together Cap? Wishing you bright smiles and prosperity in 08!

Dezel

Nicole said...

Have fun in St. Louis...don't get arrested scaling the wall at Nelly's crib.

CapCity said...

Lisa Q - glad I could make ya smile! THANX! u made me smile, too;-)

CapCity said...

Dezel - YES! I love it when I am on the same page as my Creator! LOL! Thanx for the well wishes;-)

CapCity said...

Nicole - LOL! I'll try to stay outta trouble;-) - but u got bail money just in case? Ha haaaa!

blogger templates | Make Money Online