Monday, May 26, 2008

BlueBe Not Afraid Mondays, IV

Welcome Back for the 4th installment of:

F &%k
E verything
A nd
R un
-or-
F ace
E verything
A nd
R ejoice

In honor of this Memorial Day - may all of our fears Rest In Peace! And Thank You to ALL the Brothers & Sisters who've fought for my freedoms - whether as a military soldier or "simply" a warrior for my Lawd!

Sometimes I have felt the need to: F.%&k E.verything A.nd R.un:
1. When a loved one is gravely ill and we know the end is very close.
2. As my parents age I often cringe -- terrified at the thought of living without them.
3. When watching others mourn a loss I don't know what to do or say.

I'm Proud when I have: F.aced E.verything A.nd R.ejoiced by taking action:
1. I've assisted many of my elders during their last days and was relieved to realized that just because their shells were crumbling - the essence of the person I knew & loved was still sparkling in their eyes and their whispers.
2. My Daddy engages me in conversations about it and I do trust that it will give me the strength I need when I least expect it.
3. I trust that sometimes just standing near a person in mourning offers some comfort.

Past Discussion(s) on this topic:
Clearing Cobwebs.
Faith to Get You Through.
Determined to Live Courageously!

*click on image for source.

3 Comments:

Don said...

I've assisted many of my elders during their last days and was relieved to realized that just because their shells were crumbling - the essence of the person I knew & loved was still sparkling in their eyes and their whispers. Same here. I watched my beloved grandmother become a shell of her former self. Like you, I am happy to say that her essence remained pure and although I have disappointed her @ the way my life transpired, the undying love in my heart remains.

Mizrepresent said...

I fear losing my parents or any of my siblings, but i think i will be able to deal with this more than if i lost my children...thats something i can't conceive.

CapCity said...

Don & Miz - u both seem to understand Langston Hughes' words: Birthin' is Hard & Dyin' is mean so get yourself some luvin' in btwn. ;-)!!

blogger templates | Make Money Online