Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Is it just me?

This past weekend a dear friend had her birthday party in the V.I.P. section at a club in DC. Now, I do love to get my boogie on, but I rarely go to dance clubs, now. Generally, I frequent lounge-y type spots, bars, or smaller venues with a host of friends. But, I was looking forward to the evening since it's been so long since I've been clubbin' in DC. Welllllll, lemme tellya! If ya haven't been clubbin' and u can't get in for FREE - I hope to save u time AND money! LOL! WHY? WHY? WHY... Did the old men at the bar in the VIP section think they still had swagga? WHY? WHY? Why did they think I would be impressed by their beach properties and frat days of yesteryear? Yes, my friends that was the topic of conversation for the two old, azz men who swooped in on me early - as I arrived before most of our party guests (dayumm, i think i'll stick to being late! LOL)! THANK Gawd my girl's crew arrived and I could melt into our private party! While I danced with the friends I enjoyed a reunion with I looked around at the general crowd and wondered what the hayl had happened to the Beautiful People in my Beautiful City? Had we all moved away? DC was once known as Chocolate City, the Capital of the FOINEST Brothers & Sistahs!

If any of you continue to frequent clubs...please tell me that was a fluke night! LOL!


SPECIAL Invitation to NYC Bloggers from Organized Noise:
" ... I am inviting all bloggers who live or work in the New York City area to join me on Wednesday night afterwork for a meet and greet. It will be held at MIXX LOUNGE in Greenwich Village. The address is 84 7th Avenue South, a block away from the Christopher Street train station on the 1 train and 5 blocks from the West 4th Street train station on the "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", and "V" trains. Please pass the word to other bloggers in the area. "
*click image for source.

8 Comments:

KIKI said...

Ok...maybe it's just me, but I like it when the ole playa-playas try to get their game on. Iont know bout there in NYC, but here, those ole men dont want nothin but a lil convo...cause they know good 'n hale well they dont stand a chance of gettin anything other than that. Shoooo...most of the time they sit there yakin & buyin me drinks and even save me seat at the bar should I decide to get up & get my boogie on with the young fella that happens to walk up and ask for that dance.

You just need to learn how to work these ole playas LOL...its really not that hard...

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it wasn't a fluke. It's either old azz men tryin' to get a "pretty young thang" or your azz kids trying to get their "grownness" on. No happy medium!

Mizrepresent said...

I'm with Jewells on this one, went out last week with my sis for her b'day...and i must have laughed the whole night through at these retired playas and wannabees...all in their Sunday suits...OMG! I am so out of this, so, so, so, gone...but i still had a lot of fun dancing, you know this, right! lol!

Yellow Rebel said...

i should be able to attend

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

now u know u to live and to wild for any club wman lol

CapCity said...

Sistah Kiki - i did get ONE drank out da dealio - but it seemed to be the most expensive dayum glass of cabernet since da jokahs followed me into our section of VIP & continued to try to talk me 2 def! Cute Ol headz they WEREN'T! LOL! i think they actually thought they'd get more than convo. one kept asking me to go outside to talk to him - "i can hear u fine in here - if U need to turn UP your hearing aid please DO SO!" LOL!

Yea, Jewells & Miz - i think I'll stick to the smaller venues & providing most of my own party crew! I DID get my boogie on & even dropped it Bey style on 'em a cupla times! HOLLA;-)

Y.Rebel - hope to finally meetcha - the weather's breaking so I know we'll connect soon:-)

T-Dawg - thanx, i think... U da wild one! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I knew y'all be talkin bout us Old Playas...That's alright though, at least I ain't got no gut and still don't need Geritol of Viagra to get it up...lol

CapCity said...

LOL! T-oh - i didn't step on your toes did I? u be at the club tryin'ta holla at the youngstahs? ;-)

blogger templates | Make Money Online