Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Too Through Tuesday!

I really had no intention of posting today. But then I watched my THIRD SAD-AZZ, DEPRESSING AZZ supposed COMEDY! WTF? What are these reviewers and critics SMOKING?

I almost don't want to say the names of these movies cuz I don't in ANY way want this to be considered publicity or promotion. BUT these have GOT to be the THREE worst movies of ALL times! Crazy as it sounds I think they're considered classics or trend-setters for some reason. Maybe if u saw them u can help me understand the humor.

See? I've been in a funk lately. Generally, to help myself OUT of such a funk I closet myself away with comedies and laugh until I feel better. But, NO! These movies just ticked me OFF!
Here they are - & I'm not providing links cuz again this is not promotion:

1) Fight Club - I generally like boxing mixed with comedy. Feeds my aggression while making me laugh. I thought this would be similar to SNATCH (one of my all time faves with Brad Pitt).
It.Was.NOTHING.LIKE.Snatch.AND.in.NO.WAY.WAS.it.FUNNY!!

2) Celebrity - all I have to say is: Bad imitation of a Woody Allen film (& it was WRITTEN & DIRECTED by Woody Allen - tha's the funniest part OF the movie - is finding out he DID write & direct it! LOL! I just noticed that just now as I looked at the case looking for the main characters' name). My review: UGH!

3) Running with Scissors - my heart bleeds for Gabrielle Union as she does what she has to pay those Hollyweird bills...

Welll, the only thing good about watching those movies - i'm no longer feeling "blue", I'm PISSED and TOO THROUGH cuz this was some ol' BULLSHYT!! Or maybe I needed to be high to watch 'em...

And I KNOW I'm pissed cuz I haven't used the term "too through" since I left college back in the 80's... I think it was a Norfolk/Tidewater area slang term. LOL! Hey, u just gotta laugh at B.S...

16 Comments:

Tabu said...

I haven't seen any of these of movies.

...And,

You havent made me want to rush and watch them.

Hope you are having a good week.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Hey girl! I haven't seen any of these movies either. Shame they sucked.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I saw Fight Club, once years ago and i think it just got hyped because of Brad Pitt and I think Edward Norton was in it. I've never wanted to take the repeat viewing of it. Haven't looked at the other two. I figured Running With Scissors was whack, from the title alone.

Yellow Rebel said...

LOL @ thinking Fight Club would be similar to Snatch. You should wiki these movies before you watch them.

Some of the funniest movies are the ones that are unintentionally funny. Like "Wicker Man" or "Purple Rain"

12kyle said...

i'm behind on the movies. i've heard of those but i've never seen em.

don't be down...friday is almost here! LOL

CapCity said...

Tabu - thanx I'm feeling much better:-). glad i could save u 6 or so hours! LOL!

Diva - Hey, Sis. U win some u lose some, i guess;-).

Rich - i guess the fact that Brad Pitt was in fight club made me think that it would be like snatch. LOL! yea, edward norton was in it - it was just BIZARRE!

Y.Rebel - thanx for the tip - i'll try that next time:-)

12kyle - u are not missing ANYthing by leaving those 3 OFF your list! LOL! yea, i'm feeling MUCH better;-)

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

When I am in my funky moods...I like Sense & Sensibility, Under the Tuscan Sun, Sounder, Auntie Mame w/Rosiland Russell and Shaft the real one w/Richard Roundtree!

Fight movies are not my first, second or third choice. I can watch anything if someone has it on. I can get into just about any movie. But those above lift my spirits. Oh and just about any musical with Fred Astaire!

Unknown said...

FIGHT CLUB was NOT what I expected, either. Like you, I was amped about it after checking out SNATCH (along with LOCK, STOCK & TWO SMOKING BARRELS, listed among my all-time favorite movies), but no one warned me that the movie was more of a weird slant on bipolar disorder and schizophrenia than anything else. It fit what the people who introduced me to the movie sought-- rebellion against authority (White dudes in the Navy are ALWAYS looking for ways to buck the system!) and some insanity on film to make them forget the craziness of a ship's extended deployment in the Middle East. I gave it a thumbs DOWN.

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

dont gabrielle get these weired characters though! girl...i was watching ugly betty cuz I was bored and wow, her character is nutzo!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone needs some comfort food?
Why don't you summons one of P-Diddy's flunkies to go get you some of that New York Cheesecake and call it a day? Cuz, Entertainment these days, Sucks!

Stephen A. Bess said...

lol! I was in Norfolk back in the 80s. I was in the Navy, though. I remember that they called everybody, "Stick-man."

CapCity said...

Love Babz - thanx for the suggestions ... i generally need comedies to cheer me or fight movies to work out my aggressions through "osmosis". LOL!

New/Ced - I knew u'd "feel me"! LOL!

Puddin' - I didn't know Gabrielle was in Ugly Betty. I like her when she's being funny. I always think of her as a funny version of Nia Long! LOL!

T-Ohh - I'm tryin' to watch my calories! I need some comfort - but it ain't FOOD i'm needing;-). LOL!

CapCity said...

Stephen - wasn't that the most hilarious term! LOL! i forgot that!!! I dated a cupla Navy/Marines back then, too (i guess it couldn't be avoided going to school near the world's largest naval base)! LOL!

KIKI said...

I've never seen any of these...and now...I dont want to!LOL

Now...what's this bout you being in a funk? Who did it? Somebody been fuggin wit my peeps? Just say the word...cause my foot is just ITCHIN to get stuck up in somebody azz! Nobody better be fuggin wit my Cap!

(sorry...but I've been feelin my gangsta lately)

KIKI said...

And can I just say that word verification is NOT the bidness when you been drankin?

Ok...just had to make that clear...
Ah damnit...now I got to do it again...

CapCity said...

LOL! Kiki, Sis! I wish I knew WHO to fight 4 dis shyt! Naaaahhh, my funk brought to yours truly by shyt that ain't goin' the way I want it to in life. I just gotta breathe, be thankful & keep GITTIN' UP! LOL! I feel ya on that drankin' & typin' ... much of anything! LOL!

thanx 4 havin' my back - u KNOW i'll letcha know when to pack the arsenal;-).

blogger templates | Make Money Online