Welcome Back for the 2nd installment of:
F &%k
E verything
A nd
R un
-or-
F ace
E verything
A nd
R ejoice
Now, if we claim we believe in a Higher Power - regardless of our Faith Base we really shouldn't fear ANYthing because we claim that we TRUST our Creator "has this", right? According to the Christian faith, on which I was raised:
Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
I also like to read and talk to people about other faiths. One that fascinates me is Buddhism. The Buddhist practice of creating mandalas is awe inspiring. I found this on Wikipedia: "To symbolize impermanence (a central teaching of Buddhism), after days or weeks of creating the intricate pattern, the sand is brushed together and is usually placed in a body of running water to spread the blessings of the mandala." My mind translates that: If we realize how temporary everything is -- we have no time or energy for fear.
Sometimes I have felt the need to: F.%&k E.verything A.nd R.un:
1) When bills seem to overwhelm: more needing to go out than coming in...
2) When Mice & rodents are present cuz they give me the "willies".
3) When speaking in front of large audiences, which causes my heart to pound in my ears.
I'm Proud when I have: F.aced E.verything A.nd R.ejoiced by taking action:
1) Call, Write, Address those who are owed and discuss options & alternatives.
2) My Dad & I went to a pet store and faced rodent thang together. We spoke with one of the shopkeepers who helped us hold a gerbil, so I felt the tiny thing quaking in fear, itself. I still don't want to live with any, but I realize they're more afraid than I am. Now, rats -- especially here in NYC - u just gotta respect 'em. Though I did read the book Rats: History & Habitat to get a better perspective on them, too;-).
3) I know that I have to be prepared and generally need a page or book to hold in my hands to refer to when my mind goes blank;-). I admire those who can freestyle it -- one day I'm sure to get to that level of courage! Also attending ToastMasters meetings to improve on that!
What faith or beliefs do you use to get you through your fears?
Past Discussion(s) on this topic:
Determined to Live Courageously!
*Click image for source & cool blog about mandalas & the artist who creates them!
Monday, May 12, 2008
BlueBe Not Afraid Mondays, II
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 5/12/2008
Labels: courage, self awareness, self preservation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 Comments:
I think im going to go with the fck everything and run. i could really use the exercise...
MsP
Fear is...
False
Evidence
Appearing
Real
But it does help to have a healthy dose of it sometimes... It's called respect!
good post!!!
I'd have to say that my faith helps me deal with fears. But i will admit that there are very few things that i fear.
This is a very good post. very insightful.
This is a great post.
I can do all things through Christ...you know the rest!
LMAO, Ms.Puddin'! I could use the exercise, too - but I refuse to run in fear -- then again I should be afraid of a "spare tire"! LOL!
T-oh - I guess I'd rather RESPECT than fear anything cuz i'm so tired of the phobias that folk claim & allow to dictate their lives.
12kyle - glad u like it. Tha's what I'm talkin' 'bout: a FEARLESS Brother! *note that when u hook a sistah up;-)* LOL!
Diva - glad u enjoyed the insights, Sis!
MysTery - thanx, Sis. I know that's RIGHT!
Post a Comment