Wednesday, October 31, 2007

NO SHOPPING Thurs - Sat. Nov. 1-3rd!!! We CAN IMPACT economy!

Please Do NOT Shop Thursday thru Saturday (Nov. 1, 2nd or 3rd) in honor of National Black Out Day (Nov. 2nd). Get off that shopping train for a minute. Give your wallet a break and send a message that OUR money is important to the economy. No ONLINE shopping either;-).

Click HERE for one article explaining National Black Out Day. There are others if you care to google it;-).

...I now return to my previously scheduled hiatus... and below is further inspiration for me to stay focused;-)


*click top image (taken during 2003 NYC Black out) for source.

**STAY TUNED...when I return (in about a month) - it's going to be on a WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL.....

10 Comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

I wonder how many folks will actuall not spen loot

Cortney Gee and The Celebrity Cane Corsos said...

I have to pay my lawyer a gee on Friday .. he is black does that count against the protest... ?

CapCity said...

Well, T-Dawg, I won't spend a dime - but it is friday nite -I'll just go to Black owned bars;-)

Hey CortGizzle! I don't think paying one's bills is against the "rules" -especially since you're doing biz with another Brother;-).

T. S. Snowden said...

I didnt spend but I saw a lot of people doing just that yesterday. So much for a show of solidarity. Anyway hurry back!

Dee said...

I didn't even hear about this until today
I can't hear anything at work but I will search for more info on what this is
have a great whatever it is you are doing why you are not here and posting

Shai said...

Honestly, I don't see a point to it. So we don't buy for a few days then later we buy like crazy to make up for the lost days.

plez... said...

i bought a tank of gas for a trip to South Carolina and lunch for two other people on Friday. that was the best i could do... and to be honest, i'm still not sure what i was supposed to be protesting.

Shai said...

Yeah, what are we protesting exactly?

Diva's Thoughts said...

I wonder if this had any impact.

Eb the Celeb said...

I love, love, love Baisden after Dark

blogger templates | Make Money Online